Is it time to start paying attention to Luis Arraez’s chase for .400?

Arraez and Williams might be the only two on that list that weren't juiced. ...Or maybe Arraez is also on something that isn't detectable in tests yet.

There was juice in the 70's & 80's. I don't have any evidence on Carew, but I think it's possible.

Steroids were good for the game and made it more fun
Doubt seriously that Olerud was ever on anything. He had a seizure/brain aneurism in 1989. He was on blood thinners for the rest of his career and as a result always wore his batting helmet in the field and in the dugout.

Doubt seriously that Olerud was ever on anything. He had a seizure/brain aneurism in 1989. He was on blood thinners for the rest of his career and as a result always wore his batting helmet in the field and in the dugout.
That also makes him a pussy.

Steroids were good for the game and made it more fun
Bonds, McGuire & Clemens should've been 1st ballot HOFers. Those guys were the face of baseball. They caused casual fans to tune in to see them play and put up historic numbers in the process. Keeping them out for some false self-righteousness is retarded faggotry.

Being so legendary good that you get intentionally walked with the bases loaded should be a no-brainer 1st ballot HOF nod.

Bonds, McGuire & Clemens should've been 1st ballot HOFers. Those guys were the face of baseball. They caused casual fans to tune in to see them play and put up historic numbers in the process. Keeping them out for some false self-righteousness is retarded faggotry.

Being so legendary good that you get intentionally walked with the bases loaded should be a no-brainer 1st ballot HOF nod.
It just happened to Corey Seager last year. Seager is good, but not first ballot HOF material, so I disagree with that being an automatic first ballot.

The Sosa-McGwire record chase helped bring baseball back.

And Bonds was one of the best ever before the cream and clear

Maybe. I have a hard time ruling it out just because of that. Could be that his concoction of meds included some performance enhancing substances.

It just happened to Corey Seager last year. Seager is good, but not first ballot HOF material, so I disagree with that being an automatic first ballot.

The Sosa-McGwire record chase helped bring baseball back.

And Bonds was one of the best ever before the cream and clear
We need to agree on a font color for hyperbole like we have for sarcasm.

Maybe. I have a hard time ruling it out just because of that. Could be that his concoction of meds included some performance enhancing substances.
The dude wore a helmet on the field. He was too square to smoke pot, let alone use steroids

The dude wore a helmet on the field. He was too square to smoke pot, let alone use steroids
He was an all-around nice guy. Basically Dale Murphy but on good teams

It's interesting that you guys are citing being "too square" and "nice guy" as reasons he couldn't possibly have added some juice to his diet.

He was an all-around nice guy. Basically Dale Murphy but on good teams
Sean Murphy is the only Murphy that I recognize. Dale was shipped out of town and then the team got good and I don’t think it was a coincidence. I’m glad Tom Glavine threw at Dale Murphy. I just wish I was old enough to have seen it live

It's interesting that you guys are citing being "too square" and "nice guy" as reasons he couldn't possibly have added some juice to his diet.
Squares aren’t breaking any kind of rule or law. That dude never drove faster than 55

Nah, I also added the medical component.

Dude just had a very sweet swing and a great eye. He wasn't a huge power hitter like Bonds, McGuire, and Sosa, just made great contact, had a high OBP

Squares aren’t breaking any kind of rule or law. That dude never drove faster than 55
You-wanna-play-blind-man-go-walk-with-the-shepherd-but-me-my-eyes-are-wide-fuckin-open..jpg

Nah, I also added the medical component.

Dude just had a very sweet swing and a great eye. He wasn't a huge power hitter like Bonds, McGuire, and Sosa, just made great contact, had a high OBP
To be clear, I'm not condemning him as a juicer, I'm just leaving it open as a possibility - as I am with every single pro baseball player from the 70's through 00's. And for me, just because someone juiced doesn't mean I have to hate him now - I see it as it was simply part of the game during that time.