It’s over. The Time has come.

Oh No Reaction GIF

True but our offense did not run normal pace. The TOP was about even which is funny because we should only have about 20% TOP. I give Georgia credit for a lot of that as well.

Georgia didn't panic and adjust their game like other teams (notably Alabama and Kentucky) did against Tennessee.

Kirby Smart earned his paycheck.

I am also not so sure Tennessee was ready for spot light. It might be good we are out of it. That #1 CFP ranking was likely kiss of death. However, even if we had played well this past Saturday and not laid an egg, I still think UGA would have won. You guys just came in prepared, fired up, etc. All the brakes fell your way early as well. I am surprised the score wasn't worse. Kirby was a little conservative in the second half.

It was one of those days were just everything went against you. The bright spot was that our defense played well enough to give our offense a chance.
This is kind of long and not directed at you even though I am responding to your post. You've taken the loss well, and I don't want to be an obnoxious winner. This is more of my trip report and my experience of the game.

First, it may not have been as fast as you normally go, but you didn't substitute which means we can't substitute and have to stay in our based defense (meaning we can't swap into nickel on 3rd down, etc.). And it was still very fast compared to every other team we've played. As a fan, we had to be ready to roar faster than ever. We kept reminding everyone around us to be ready quickly. I don't know if this is true, but I've read that Smart told Muschamp earlier in the year the he and Schumann would take the D prep the Vandy and UF games, Muschamp was to concentrate on the UTjr O and prep for that game. If that is true, it's nice to have that coaching depth.

I would argue the breaks went against us for the most part. The refs missed the targeting on Stet's TD run which would have ejected your starting safety. They missed the safety call, although the short field after the punt helped with the second TD. We fumble on the first series of downs when a long drive there would have taken your fans out of the game even quicker. Then when you fumble we fumble it right back in the 2nd half. We have you guys 4th and 28 and we take a stupid face mask penalty that we shouldn't have done. That's 5 major breaks for you guys and that's just off the top of my mind. So I don't think you can say we had all the breaks.

The score wasn't worse because CKS did exactly what he has always done, and done well. Play balanced football, and play for the win, not for the gaudy statistics. The minute it started raining, I said to my group, we are going to pound the rock up their asses the rest of the half. Think about it from Smart's perspective ... we were up 3 scores, and you know we were going to score at least once if not more. That means you guys had to score TDs 4 times to beat us. Your first drive almost took 5 minutes and resulted in 3 points. Bend but don't break, don't give up the quick score, just like we did to Bama in the NCG last year. We then had almost a 10-minute drive that resulted in a field goal, meaning that we just basically pushed the 3rd quarter, eating up half the time available in a game where you had to keep us from scoring any more and you had to score 4 times to win ... in 1 quarter. With the way we were playing, and the crowd, there was no way that was happening. Pound the rock, and kill the clock.

A couple of things I noticed:
- The entire second half, even in the 4th quarter, we never went into prevent defense. We played press defense on your guys the entire game. Our DBs played physical man-to-man D until the very end. The one big pass play you had we blitzed from the S for some reason and that opened up the gap for that pass. But otherwise, our DBs were all over your guys. I think we had 4 PI calls ... Kirby didn't care ... he wants our guys in your guys' back pockets and if that means some 15-yard PI calls, so be it.

- The guys filling in for Nolan Smith did a great job. And having 88 Carter back was huge. You guys had to double team him often and that just makes the other DL guys better. He's a top 5, top 10 draft guy this year. Getting him back and healthy was huge for our D.

- Otherwise, our D was what I hoped it would be. A lot of UT fans on sports boards are saying your O picked a bad time to have a bad game. That simply ignores there was a reason your O had a bad game ... you came up against a really well coached group of 5* and high 4* guys who played with a chip on their shoulder having been told all week by everyone that they were going to give up 50.

Think about this:

-Hooker came in with 40 completions of over 30 yards, but Saturday the longest was a 28-yarder with four minutes to go in the game.
- UTjr came in averaging 200 yards rushing a game but managed only 94.
- 6 sacks were a season high for Georgia.
- Georgia pressured Hooker 24 times on Saturday. That's a ton of pressures. How many .. in all your other games he was pressured 39 times (8 games).

The D came to play, and it's time people realize that while Saban is the GOAT, and the great Ds that Bama had during their run had a lot to do with him, that Smart also had a huge part to do with that. And his D side recruiting has been the top in the country by a mile, including Bama, for the past 4 or 5 years. And it's not going to stop ... check out our D class in 2023 ... it's going to be the best D side class by a lot.

And finally, the fans came to play. Thank you Ainge, even though it would have been loud without his Tweets. I've been to a lot of sporting events, and I've never had my ears hurting during a game. I've never almost passed out from yelling. My ears were still ringing yesterday.

One of the Georgia reporters who has covered UGA games for 25 years said nothing compares to what he witnessed Saturday. He said the Notre Dame game in 2019 was loud (I was there and I concur), and that the first quarter of last year’s game against Arkansas was unreal loud for a noon kickoff when we went up 21-0 quickly. He said that even in the press box, he couldn’t hear what the person sitting next to him was saying. The entire game. Eight illegal motion/illegal procedure calls in one game. Some really costly. Unreal. The damn fans came to play.

Finally, people better start realizing that Stetson Bennet IV, who is the most critiqued quarterback in college football, isn't some former walk-on, or just a two-star. The dude is a total baller who simply wins. There are QBs with better physical attributes, and he won't win the Heisman ... don't give a shit about that. Stet has the moxy that you love to see in a QB and all he knows how to do is win. We have better skilled QBs coming behind him, the question will be do they have the things that it takes to win.

The most frustrating part of all of this is watching Georgia run our same blitzes and Coverages that we ran from 2008-2017 and run them perfectly like we use to….and then have to watch fucking Pete Golding call the same delay blitzes that never work over and over again.

At some point you gotta blame Saban. He should fire Golding and just call the defense himself for the rest of the year

Being 3 decades behind is like hiring a coach in the 90s that is an expert on defending the wishbone. Face it the X's and O's aren't there.

Just for the record, Pruitt is a full-blown idiot and you give that guy way too much credit for Kirby's work.

Tennessee did that with Monte Kiffin. Guy was out of date. Funny thing was he was the selling point for Lane Kiffin getting the job but Lane Kiffin's offenses ended up being better coached than Monte's defenses.

After one thought, about Saban.

Saban just isn't good for College Football. I hope he goes away.

Great example? His bitching about storming the field. I remember back in the late 1990s and 2000s (plus prior), this was very common. I remember LSU and Georgia storming the field and tearing down posts when they beat Tennessee in 2000. This was just part of the game.
The fact that he cannot even recognize basic college traditions (and people in the SEC office suck up to him about it) shows that he just isn't good for the game.

I know he wins but he has sucked up all of the fun in the sport. Good bye and good riddance. Let's get back to an SEC with 4-5 teams or more competing each year for the top and not one team sucking up all the talent.

Frankly, I think in the 2007-2010 range, He was doing Jeremy Pruitt at Tennessee-type cheating shit anyways (after all, were did Pruitt learn it from?) and that led him to success. Screw him and good riddance.

Sorry, my rant for the night.

After one thought, about Saban.

Saban just isn't good for College Football. I hope he goes away.

Great example? His bitching about storming the field. I remember back in the late 1990s and 2000s (plus prior), this was very common. I remember LSU and Georgia storming the field and tearing down posts when they beat Tennessee in 2000. This was just part of the game.
The fact that he cannot even recognize basic college traditions (and people in the SEC office suck up to him about it) shows that he just isn't good for the game.

I know he wins but he has sucked up all of the fun in the sport. Good bye and good riddance. Let's get back to an SEC with 4-5 teams or more competing each year for the top and not one team sucking up all the talent.

Frankly, I think in the 2007-2010 range, He was doing Jeremy Pruitt at Tennessee-type cheating shit anyways (after all, were did Pruitt learn it from?) and that led him to success. Screw him and good riddance.

Sorry, my rant for the night.
You do realize that Georgia is just gonna step in Bama’s place and do the same thing we did the last 15 years, right?

You do realize that Georgia is just gonna step in Bama’s place and do the same thing we did the last 15 years, right?

I’m afraid you’re sorely mistaken. Kirby Smart isn’t a perfectionist like Satan is. Smart doesn’t have the same attention to detail that Satan does.

I’m afraid you’re sorely mistaken. Kirby Smart isn’t a perfectionist like Satan is. Smart doesn’t have the same attention to detail that Satan does.
I mean they are about to win B2B national titles. They are in arguably the most talented per capital state and Kirby is an elite recruiter. Kirby was with Saban for 10+ years and was Sabans right hand man. He knows what it takes

You could not be more wrong, my friend. Kirby is as driven and detailed as Saban and he learned it from 10 years with Saban. I’m not saying we can do what Bama did for 15 years, that’s a near impossible bar. No one may ever dominate like Bama has done. With NIL, transfer portal, CFP expansion, 9 game IC schedules, etc. it’s a new game. But it won’t be because Kirby wasn’t on top of the details.

Just throwing this out there. Say when Saban goes, say within the next 2-3 years. Who does Bama really go after?

Just throwing this out there. Say when Saban goes, say within the next 2-3 years. Who does Bama really go after?

Pros- team is full of 5* talent and running like a well oiled machine for the most part.

Cons- you are following up the greatest modern dynasty CFB has seen and people like @Mistaken4193 freak out when you go ten years in a row without winning a Natty.

Most coaches have ego and confidence so I'd feel they'd be able to get almost anyone they want