It's starting: Saints looking to play at LSU, where they will allow fans. Big FU to the league

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
love it

New Orleans Saints officials began discussions with LSU officials Tuesday about having the Saints play upcoming games at Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge, Saints official Greg Bensel told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

"LSU has been gracious and enthusiastic regarding hosting our future games, and we very much appreciate their partnership," Bensel said. "We have also discussed the possibility of moving our home games to LSU with the NFL and they are aware of our exploring this option.

"Obviously, our overwhelming preference is to play our games in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome with partial fan attendance, but there has been no indication from the city on when, or if, this might be approved."

is this an FU to the league, or to the city council of New Orleans?

Reactions: Me
is this an FU to the league, or to the city council of New Orleans?
both. the league doesnt want this to happen due to its protocols for covid. city and league.

the league has a covid policy in place
I realize that. But the NFL seems to be supporting the Saints in this effort. Sure the NFL prefers to not use CFB stadiums but more than that they want fans in seats for more revenue.

I realize that. But the NFL seems to be supporting the Saints in this effort. Sure the NFL prefers to not use CFB stadiums but more than that they want fans in seats for more revenue.

The article literally says the NFL is working with the Saints and LSU is getting this done...

"Hahahahah fuck you NFL for helping us get fans in the stands!!" NAILED EM
The NFL has also offered its support to the Saints, including an email sent earlier this month from commissioner Roger Goodell to New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell, who has repeatedly declined to allow the Saints to have limited-capacity fan attendance because of the coronavirus pandemic. A source confirmed to ESPN that NFL medical experts would be willing to meet with New Orleans officials as well.

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said the league has had "ongoing conversations with the Saints about LSU" and pointed out that there are 15 NFL teams that have been approved to host fans after Philadelphia announced its intention to do so Tuesday.

NFL wants ticket revenue. Saints trying to go somewhere else to get ticket revenue.

Fuck you, NFL!
Excuse Me What GIF

NFL wants ticket revenue. Saints trying to go somewhere else to get ticket revenue.

Fuck you, NFL!
Excuse Me What GIF
they dont like playing in college stadiums
they have a covid policy in place
they are attempting to circumvent the aforementioned points

The article literally says the NFL is working with the Saints and LSU is getting this done...

"Hahahahah fuck you NFL for helping us get fans in the stands!!" NAILED EM
Eh, you know I like to kick rock when he makes a mistake more than the next guy but I read that as the NFL is supporting the Saints in trying to get fans into the Superdome. If it means fans in the game though I bet the NFL allows the Saints to play elsewhere.

Eh, you know I like to kick rock when he makes a mistake more than the next guy but I read that as the NFL is supporting the Saints in trying to get fans into the Superdome. If it means fans in the game though I bet the NFL allows the Saints to play elsewhere.
I read it as both. The article also said they have had discussions with the Saints about LSU. I mean, granted it doesn't specify what those discussions are about, but I assume you wouldn't have multiple discussions if the first discussion involves a "no".

they dont like playing in college stadiums
they have a covid policy in place
they are attempting to circumvent the aforementioned points

The only potential hitch might be whether or not they can get the facility at LSU up to the required standards for COVID that the league and union agreed to in the preseason.

This isn't the Saints thumbing their noses at the league (yet).

They like money more than playing in an empty NFL facility.

I was actually surprised Kansas city allowed fans as they are Democrat run but it probably had more to do with the SB win than politics

The only potential hitch might be whether or not they can get the facility at LSU up to the required standards for COVID that the league and union agreed to in the preseason.

This isn't the Saints thumbing their noses at the league (yet).

They like money more than playing in an empty NFL facility.
"yet"

if anything its a precursor to that. fans in attendance will impact covid tests for players at some point (or will be seen that way, or a correlation made).

and here we have our overlap.