It's starting: Saints looking to play at LSU, where they will allow fans. Big FU to the league

sigh

NFL fans in the stands, crowd noise in 2020​

As of the Monday prior to Week 1, just six of the 32 NFL teams were planning to host fans at a significantly reduced capacity. All others had announced they will at least open the season without fans in their stadiums, hoping to eventually invite them back.
Yet all NFL stadiums will still feature crowd noise during games.
NFL executive vice president Troy Vincent confirmed to reporters on a recent conference call that the league will pipe artificial crowd noise into stadiums. The NFL also is working with the TV networks to implement additional fake crowd noise into game broadcasts.

6 of 32

18% said they would ;possibly have fans week 1.

now go back and check. how many did?

and yes, i does knows that them there the patriots aint the league. i can also read.
So, since the league is OK with fans, why would the Saints going to play somewhere where they can have fans be a middle finger to the league?

Did the league state that it only wants a certain number of stadiums to have fans?

Are the refs full-time league employees yet? That might be part of it, these guys may be out in the world doing a normal job on top of being an NFL ref.

From what I recall, some of them are full time now but most still are not

Aw, did you get butthurt because someone said something about 'Your' political party? Keep following
Technically, I'm a Republican....

I'll try not to follow you, though. You seem.... Lost

Or willfully ignorant. Something

At least one stadium has had fans in attendance every week of the NFL as far as I can tell. I know for sure in weeks 1, 2, 4, and 5 because I watched the games with my own eyes. No sure if anyone had fans week 3 but I bet there was.
1 team week 1. i can get with that, but it certainly wasnt every team. or a few. thats silly.

So, since the league is OK with fans, why would the Saints going to play somewhere where they can have fans be a middle finger to the league?

Did the league state that it only wants a certain number of stadiums to have fans?
the league wasnt ok with fans. 1 team had them week 1. the saints want a full stadium i believe, with this move.

the league wasnt ok with fans. 1 team had them week 1. the saints want a full stadium i believe, with this move.
None of those statements are true.

The league wants fans. Two teams had fans in Week 1. LSU has a cap of 26,000 fans at their facility right now.

The league wants fans. Two teams had fans in Week 1. LSU has a cap of 26,000 fans at their facility right now.
but it IS true. 1 team had fans week 1, which is why i asked you to check. so, the saints want 26,000 fans vs the what, 10-15k theyd get under the current NFL/city covid policies iof they stayed in NO?

You sure? I mean, sure maybe they sent the complete opposite message by having fans at the very first Nationally televised game of the season, but maybe the league wasn't okay with fans.

Reactions: Me
I'm pretty sure Rocko is high right now

but it IS true. 1 team had fans week 1, which is why i asked you to check. so, the saints want 26,000 fans vs the what, 10-15k theyd get under the current NFL/city covid policies iof they stayed in NO?
Dallas had fans week one.

There is no "NFL COVID" attendance policy. It's up to local governments.

Right now, New Orleans isn't allowing any fans at the Superdome. So the Saints are exploring if they can go somewhere else and make money.

Right now, New Orleans isn't allowing any fans at the Superdome. So the Saints are exploring if they can go somewhere else and make money.
We didn't have fans week 1, we were in LA week 1.

Week 1 KC and JAX had fans.

We didn't have fans week 1, we were in LA week 1.

Week 1 KC and JAX had fans.
My bad. I knew that Dallas had fans at their first home game, just didn't care enough to figure out if they were week 1 or week 2.

I mean, this is a sign that Jerry Jones is rebelling against the league's COVID restrictions!!!!

oh, ok. but you said this:
Pretty sure there have been fans in attendance every week of the season. Not for every game, but there have been fans at some stadiums, and more stadiums are opening their turnstiles.

Again, this is a middle finger to New Orleans for sure, but the league is probably happy to jump in and flip the city off, too.
week,1 it was 1 team with fans, not "some"...1. and the NFL has a covid policy. please provide a verbatim quote of me saying "NFL has a fan covid policy"

i bet you cant.

i said the league has a covid policy. and guess what? it does!

Hungry Food GIF by 8it