Jesus H. Christ!!!

That's where I called bullshit
The brand new ones apparently do get 603hp at the wheels. I put the chances near zero that he's rolling in a $100k car. He doesn't know the year of his car or the stats, so willing to say it's an absolute zero.

What hate? I doubt its ability to "eat mustangs for snacks".
You go around picking on children, don't you?

"haha, silly v6 mustang owner that paid 90K less for your car". Congrats?

I never purchased new so no chance of that. Bullits, GTs and Mach 1's too...

2012 model year. 518 and 577 hp offered, easily chipped to over 600 which I have done. Twin T 5.5 up till model year 2016. After that the 4.0 Twin T with 603.

If I'd hung on for a 2014 I could have snagged 4Matic and been even quicker off the line.

The brand new ones apparently do get 603hp at the wheels. I put the chances near zero that he's rolling in a $100k car. He doesn't know the year of his car or the stats, so willing to say it's an absolute zero.

Roger. Simply see little point in arguing.

Keep trying.

Driving home from buying propane on Dec 19th, I suddenly had a bunch of steam behind my car. And at an intersection it was coming up from the hood.

Dash tells me I am now low on coolant.

Small town so I dash home. As I get to my garage, fan is positively zooming at max, temp gauge on dash climbs towards 120 C as I shut the car off.

Got it flat decked to my place I bought it with my favourite mechanic. That cost me $400.

They ID'd the problem, Heater Control valve.

Located on backside of engine against the firewall of course.

$75 part.

$1400 repair bill including diagnosis and taxes.

Had to take intake manifold off to get at it.

Picked up baby yesterday and he's running fine.

I didn't used my warranty as if I make it through another 19 months without a claim I get another 4 years re-upped.

Good thing I'm still working so I could afford that choice. And that it wasn't a head gasket.

$75 part.

lucious lyon wtf GIF

Driving home from buying propane on Dec 19th, I suddenly had a bunch of steam behind my car. And at an intersection it was coming up from the hood.

Dash tells me I am now low on coolant.

Small town so I dash home. As I get to my garage, fan is positively zooming at max, temp gauge on dash climbs towards 120 C as I shut the car off.

Got it flat decked to my place I bought it with my favourite mechanic. That cost me $400.

They ID'd the problem, Heater Control valve.

Located on backside of engine against the firewall of course.

$75 part.

Had to take intake manifold off to get at it.

Picked up baby yesterday and he's running fine.

I didn't used my warranty as if I make it through another 19 months without a claim I get another 4 years re-upped.

Good thing I'm still working so I could afford that choice. And that it wasn't a head gasket.
not gonna lie, sounded like a head gasket from the get go.

not gonna lie, sounded like a head gasket from the get go.

I blew two of those in a Thunderbird supercoupe that we owned. It was a different looking cloud but it still crossed my mind.

And once I was out of the car, all I could smell was coolant steam.

I blew two of those in a Thunderbird supercoupe that we owned. It was a different looking cloud but it still crossed my mind.

And once I was out of the car, all I could smell was coolant steam.
Any white smoke out the exhaust is coolant, I've never worked on an engine like that one though...one where there is a path through a sensor into the exhaust manifold. Glad it wasn't the head gasket.

I overall hate coolant systems. Necessary yes, but they are fragile as hell. One little piece of gasket fails and you crater your engine. One little o-ring fails and you milkshake your transmission.

Any white smoke out the exhaust is coolant, I've never worked on an engine like that one though...one where there is a path through a sensor into the exhaust manifold. Glad it wasn't the head gasket.

I overall hate coolant systems. Necessary yes, but they are fragile as hell. One little piece of gasket fails and you crater your engine. One little o-ring fails and you milkshake your transmission.

It wasn’t coming from the exhaust. It was heading out the back of the car after it spilled out the backside of the engine and went all over the exhaust and cats and what not. It was literally a failed fitting. That exploded. Not much bigger than a Bic lighter. I was driving with no coolant at all by the time I got to my garage at home.

It wasn’t coming from the exhaust. It was heading out the back of the car after it spilled out the backside of the engine and went all over the exhaust and cats and what not. It was literally a failed fitting. That exploded. Not much bigger than a Bic lighter. I was driving with no coolant at all by the time I got to my garage at home.
Ah, my bad. I read it as out of the tailpipe.

"coming from the hood" I missed. :L

Ah, my bad. I read it as out of the tailpipe.

"coming from the hood" I missed. :facepalm:

It was steaming all over. Embarrassing. Actually, idling at a traffic light hoping to make it home.