KFC vs Popeyes

Who do you like more?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 891.00
We got a KFC family pack for the first time in a LONG time.... maybe ever honestly and it was not at good as I was thinking it would be. We had a Popeyes family pack like a year ago and I recall being much more satisfied with them. So based on those experiences and since I believe the family pack gives you a better idea of how good their food is over all, I am going with Popeyes. I do like the KFC bowl, but it isn't incredible by any means.

Who do you like more?

No potato salad option. If there are others you like more than these, that is fine. I am not calling these the best, it is just a battle between these two.

The Popeyes closest to me is always out of sides. It’s annoying as hell.

The KFC closest to me is also a Taco Bell, so this isn’t a competition for me. But I understand most Americans are not as privileged as myself. And need to make multiple stops for Mac n Cheese, chicken tenders and a cheesy gordita crunch.

Popeyes has better chicken, but KFC has better sides.

Zaxby's>>>>>>>>>>>>both though

Zaxby's is so good. I've only had Raising Cane's a couple times but what do you think of their chicken? I wish they had more dipping sauces

Popeyes has better chicken, but KFC has better sides.

Zaxby's>>>>>>>>>>>>both though
Good point. I can’t say I’ve had Zaxbys in a while and can remember their sides. But their chicken whoops the other twos ass.

Since the discussion went the way it did I picked Popeyes. And it’s not even close. Haven’t had KFC in many years since daughter and I got sick on the chicken one time.

Though I do remember the Mrs ordering in a bunch of KFC sides to go with some meal one night. Those are top notch. But, I still want the black beans and dirty rice from Popeyes over any of it.

Zaxby's is so good. I've only had Raising Cane's a couple times but what do you think of their chicken? I wish they had more dipping sauces
Is that the chain out west that gets so much buzz? Haven’t seen them in Florida at all yet.

I've never had Raising Cane's. I've heard good things, but if there's one around here, I don't know about it.

Is that the chain out west that gets so much buzz? Haven’t seen them in Florida at all yet.

I'm in the south, I live in MS. They are all over but just in random locations I think.

Potato Salad.

Chick-fil-A for us.

I've never had Raising Cane's. I've heard good things, but if there's one around here, I don't know about it.
It’s pretty good, but they need more sauce options - particularly a spicy one. I add hot sauce to their sauce if we get it takeout (oldest daughter loves Cane’s and can’t get it in San Francisco, so we get it any time she’s in town).

The wife prefers Jollibee to either of those places, but their service sucks. Most of you don’t likely have one, but it’s a Filipino chicken chain. They just opened one here and the line is always around the block, but mostly because they’re slow as fuck.

The wife loves Chick-fil-A so that is basically the only place we eat at if we get fried chicken.
Do they have chicken the way Popeye's & KFC do? Like, by the bucket? I've only ever had a chicken sandwich at CFA, not really familiar with their menu.

Do they have chicken the way Popeye's & KFC do? Like, by the bucket? I've only ever had a chicken sandwich at CFA, not really familiar with their menu.
It’s all boneless. They’ve basically got sandwiches, nuggets or strips.

Chic-Fil-A is decent, but I'm convinced all of their employees belong to a cult. There's zero reason for so many fast food workers to be so cheery and over the top nice. It's a off-putting to me.

Popeyes chicken is too crunchy. They double batter it and it comes out about the same texture as quikrete!

I broke a crown eating a two piece spicy one day and have not gone back. Zaxby's chicken for the win.
That Kickin Chicken sandwich from Zaxby's will never be beat by a fast food chain. All the other restaurants claiming to have the best chicken sandwich are full of shit.

Popeyes chicken is too crunchy. They double batter it and it comes out about the same texture as quikrete!

I broke a crown eating a two piece spicy one day and have not gone back. Zaxby's chicken for the win.
I wonder if one place uses flour for breading and the other, cornstarch. They definitely have distinct textures.