Leap of faith - religion or science?

read the bible then bruh. Not doing your homework for you.
Definitely a weird passage. He beats the donkey over and over and the donkey turns to say “why you beatin me” lol. Then the guy sees angel and still doesn’t listen to God.

It’s an old book man. No idea how that is implied. The lesson is listen to God and don’t stay on the wicked side

. I can’t imagine having faith in only myself or another human.
I dont have faith in myself. This is most bullshit thing that religious people put on people like me. I believe that I have everything figured out, and I am the god of my existence. I think I am basically nothing in the scheme of the universe. I dont think I am special, or above anyone based on my beliefs. I dont believe in any other fucking people either, and dont know what that means.

Why is it, that when I dont believe in your religion, that you feel fine acting above me for it? But when I defend my beliefs, or lack there of, its me who is projecting. We were asked a question here in this thread, and I answered it.

I have faith in only that what I do here, that is carried on after Im dead, is what is left of me. Good or bad. whether my name is attached to it or not. Thats it, and I think it is beautiful in its simplicity, and it is up to me what I decide to leave behind. Once I'm dead, I'm just dead. no heaven or hell.

If I am wrong, then I am wrong. I dont claim to KNOW, its what I believe.

Again. It’s a part of history. Not much is found document wise from back then so the stories are being told by the people/prophets of that time.
lol, thats not what you said before. "+@2000 y/o book means facts!"

I dont have faith in myself. This is most bullshit thing that religious people put on people like me. I believe that I have everything figured out, and I am the god of my existence. I think I am basically nothing in the scheme of the universe. I dont think I am special, or above anyone based on my beliefs. I dont believe in any other fucking people either, and dont know what that means.

Why is it, that when I dont believe in your religion, that you feel fine acting above me for it? But when I defend my beliefs, or lack there of, its me who is projecting. We were asked a question here in this thread, and I answered it.

I have faith in only that what I do here, that is carried on after Im dead, is what is left of me. Good or bad. whether my name is attached to it or not. Thats it, and I think it is beautiful in its simplicity, and it is up to me what I decide to leave behind. Once I'm dead, I'm just dead. no heaven or hell.

If I am wrong, then I am wrong. I dont claim to KNOW, its what I believe.

You are the one saying what I believe isn’t real. And all religions are the same. Yes you very well could be wrong.
I’m just giving you my perspective of what I believe in through my experience

I just wanted to say I think you guys are doing a great job in debating this.
Should only be a matter of time before you're both on the same page.......

The lesson is listen to God and don’t stay on the wicked side
As I have said, I agree with many of the teachings. I dont have to go to church to not cheat on my wife. I dont need religion to not be a dickhead. Not a smart ass, like a real dickhead that hurts people. I feel like I live a pretty well intentioned life, and do what I can to help people and be decent to folks.

Put it this way, if we were to be friends irl, and we never spoke about religion, we would probably be good friends. I would never try to bang your wife, or steal your shit. So if I live basically the same way, just with my own beliefs, why is that a problem?

You are the one saying what I believe isn’t real. And all religions are the same. Yes you very well could be wrong.
I’m just giving you my perspective of what I believe in through my experience
Only when you came thundering in with your bible thumping.

lol, thats not what you said before. "+@2000 y/o book means facts!"
Now you’re twisting bro. 2000 year old book is the fact. The books in the Bible are written long ago and not interpreted easily. It’s difficult to understand all of it. Not black and white like some people need

As I have said, I agree with many of the teachings. I dont have to go to church to not cheat on my wife. I dont need religion to not be a dickhead. Not a smart ass, like a real dickhead that hurts people. I feel like I live a pretty well intentioned life, and do what I can to help people and be decent to folks.

Put it this way, if we were to be friends irl, and we never spoke about religion, we would probably be good friends. I would never try to bang your wife, or steal your shit. So if I live basically the same way, just with my own beliefs, why is that a problem?

it’s not a problem. Yes be a good person, give to the poor, but you are human and do mess up. That’s great but don’t dog God for your own sake. Be nice to God too. Why is that so hard? Or be open to something you don’t really know.

You sound like a good dude just like me. Somewhat funny smart ass that doesn’t try to bang other dudes wives.

Now you’re twisting bro. 2000 year old book is the fact. The books in the Bible are written long ago and not interpreted easily. It’s difficult to understand all of it. Not black and white like some people need
But there are bible literalists out there. The one thing I know about people, and telling stories, and time passing, is the stories get bigger and more outlandish. There are literalists out there that think dinosaur bones were buried by the devil to conflict faith, since there is no mention of dinosaurs in the bible. Im not saying youre one of them, but they are fucking crazy.

But there are bible literalists out there. The one thing I know about people, and telling stories, and time passing, is the stories get bigger and more outlandish. There are literalists out there that think dinosaur bones were buried by the devil to conflict faith, since there is no mention of dinosaurs in the bible. Im not saying youre one of them, but they are fucking crazy.

True. Some stories are far out there. Extreme Christians or Catholics are like extreme Muslims imo man. Can’t judge all of us for that category tho

it’s not a problem. Yes be a good person, give to the poor, but you are human and do mess up. That’s great but don’t dog God for your own sake. Be nice to God too. Why is that so hard? Or be open to something you don’t really know.

You sound like a good dude just like me. Somewhat funny smart ass that doesn’t try to bang other dudes wives.
Im not slandering god. Im not saying youre dumb for believing. The fact that I dont believe becomes an affront to those that do. I am not the atheist that wants to confront religious people, but regardless of when I say anything about how I believe, they freak out. My own family will often try to bringing it up, and they get pissed the fuck off when Im honest. I NEVER bring the shit up. NEVER. They do, and cant handle it.

After my daughter was killed, I had an aunt say, "Well maybe now you'll start going to church", and insinuated I was being punished for not believing in God. To which I said, "if your God is punishing me, by taking my daughter, for not believing, then you can fucking have the piece of shit". Now, I only said that to hurt her the way she hurt me. However, if thats the god you worship, then you can have him, and I'll gladly burn in hell.

I dont believe any of it though, so it was more about a shitty exchange with an asshole relative, than anything that really has to do with religion or god. I dont hate what i don't believe in.

True. Some stories are far out there. Extreme Christians or Catholics are like extreme Muslims imo man. Can’t judge all of us for that category tho
Im not!!!!!

I guess the question must be asked ... Do you believe in a creator or do you take an atheist view of things:

Creator is a leap of faith that someone or something outside of our current created our Universe.

Atheism is a leap of faith that spontaneous matter, spontaneous energy and spontaneous life all happen.

I think that imperialism has been the cause of death and aristocrats have used religion as a motivator for the peasants to fight on behalf of the rulers.

It is a smaller leap of faith for me to side with the creator, because I cannot understand how something comes from nothing ... I can't even explain what nothing is.
Not believing something there is no evidence to support is not a leap of faith, it’s the exact opposite of that. You’re making a stupid claim based on the assumption that someone has to believe is an alternative to god if they don’t believe in god, which is just straight up flawed, stupid thinking.

Im not slandering god. Im not saying youre dumb for believing. The fact that I dont believe becomes an affront to those that do. I am not the atheist that wants to confront religious people, but regardless of when I say anything about how I believe, they freak out. My own family will often try to bringing it up, and they get pissed the fuck off when Im honest. I NEVER bring the shit up. NEVER. They do, and cant handle it.

After my daughter was killed, I had an aunt say, "Well maybe now you'll start going to church", and insinuated I was being punished for not believing in God. To which I said, "if your God is punishing me, by taking my daughter, for not believing, then you can fucking have the piece of shit". Now, I only said that to hurt her the way she hurt me. However, if thats the god you worship, then you can have him, and I'll gladly burn in hell.

I dont believe any of it though, so it was more about a shitty exchange with an asshole relative, than anything that really has to do with religion or god. I dont hate what i don't believe in.
Fuck your aunt. You have every right to be angry. That’s deep shit and God doesn’t punish you like that. Thats kookville Christianity man. I wouldn’t want to go to their church especially after a comment like that

Last edited:

I remember a past thread on the old site that asked “if you’re an atheist, what will you say to god when you die if you’re wrong?”

Best I can come up with is “why you such a dick?”