Little shit

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 67,441.00
Been really tinkering with my old ford, now that I have time and money, and my kids are basically grown. Was fucking with the doors. Some asshole cut 6x9s into the front doors, and cut right into the panels doing it. Had to weld in some sheet metal, grind and bondo it. bought some new panels and paint the doors. the rear doors were good and just cleaned up the panels, and painted.

DSCN4053.JPGDSCN9653.JPGDSCN9654.JPGDriver door done.jpgDriver Rear Door done.jpg

Da fuq? Is there anything you can't do?

A man's man is a man who engages in activities that are traditionally viewed as masculine, and who earns the respect of other men. Such men may also be described as “manly,” emphasizing their masculine personality.

6x9s....something 85% of high school students in 1978 spent their scant money on....
Jensen Triaxial's

page forum GIF

My biggest issue with my truck from roughly that era was always the stupid plastic spacer on the door strike. "quiet close" really just means "replace me every three years or I'm gonna rattle and make you insane". Easy fix, but annoying wear out.

And the dash with the 6x9 "grill" that crumbles after a few years in the Texas sun.

When it comes to welding in plates to fill holes one should be very proficient at:

A. Welding

B. Grinding

B. Grinding

Looks good Peter.

Damn that looks much better, good work!

6x9s....something 85% of high school students in 1992 spent their scant money on....

When it comes to welding in plates to fill holes one should be very proficient at:

A. Welding

B. Grinding

B. Grinding

Looks good Peter.
Yeah, I have always loved working with metal. Sheet metal can be tricky, due to warping of the hot metal. Lots of tack welds.

A. Welding

B. Grinding

B. Grinding

Looks good Peter.
C. patience and all of the above.

Yeah, I have always loved working with metal. Sheet metal can be tricky, due to warping of the hot metal. Lots of tack welds.
yeah, welding in sheet metal is the "star pattern your lug nuts" of the welding world.

Easy enough to impress me....I’ve worked to improve my skill with the medium of wood....but I’ve not tried to play around with metal...yet.