Michigan you're next

"Outcoached" = two picks by our average QB

Keep telling yourself that.

Best Michigan team in the last 50 years and they beat Ohio St by 4 with average QB play. The year before one injury away from their own national title. Ohio St is just fine.

Ohio St dominated for the last 20 years. Congrats on your 3 years, buddy boy LOL
Ohio State pumped through two generational players, a QB and WR, in the last 3 seasons who never beat Michigan.

Ohio State pumped through two generational players, a QB and WR, in the last 3 seasons who never beat Michigan.

Did you see Strouds response when they asked how he felt about Nico being from Michigan?

He said since neither one of them beat the other in their career they just don't talk about it lol

Did you see Strouds response when they asked how he felt about Nico being from Michigan?

He said since neither one of them beat the other in their career they just don't talk about it lol
What Michigan did to Nico is criminal.

No way Brian Kelly is even in the discussion. The buyout has to be huge. Plus he hasn't really done anything different than he did at Notre Dame which is win a few lose a few.

Michigan fans knew Harbaugh would eventually leave for the NFL so none will be devastated when it happens.

And they got their Natty

Given we've reached sports nirvana, I'm also fine with it. He did was he came here to do. Do I want him to do it more? Sure, do I think our staff and roster is so solid that we can continue this success without him? Also sure. In fact, we kinda proved out solid our roster was this year -- 6/12 of the season was coached by someone else on staff.
I think now is the perfect time for Harbaugh to leave because McCarthy is gone and so is Corum. It’s obviously possible (I thought the team was going to hit the wall after Hutch left) but I don’t think the team is going to maintain since Harbaugh has shown difficulty in developing QBs.

"Outcoached" = two picks by our average QB

Keep telling yourself that.

Best Michigan team in the last 50 years and they beat Ohio St by 4 with average QB play. The year before one injury away from their own national title. Ohio St is just fine.

Ohio St dominated for the last 20 years. Congrats on your 3 years, buddy boy LOL
And Michigan dominated the 20 years before that. We aren't talking about the past though. We are talking about right now. Ryan Day is still your coach and as long as he is and Michigan keeps playing the physical style they have the last 3 years -- Michigan will give OSU fits.

If you sit back and look at the rosters. OSU is vastly more talented than Michigan. They were vastly more talented in 2021. They were vastly more talented in 2022 and again this year.

The difference between the programs is the coaching, game plan and development of players to fit their system.

I think now is the perfect time for Harbaugh to leave because McCarthy is gone and so is Corum. It’s obviously possible (I thought the team was going to hit the wall after Hutch left) but I don’t think the team is going to maintain since Harbaugh has shown difficulty in developing QBs.
Michigan will still be very good next year simply because of the defensive players they have returning. They will returned many of the DL, with both of their top DT's returning. Josiah Stewart is returning at DE. Will Johnson is returning at CB. So we will still win games with our defense.

Offense will be interesting. I could see UM going to a ton of RPO's if Orji is the QB. He is supposedly the biggest freak athletes on the team. 6'3" 235 lbs and one of the fastest guys on the team. Can he throw? I don't know :pound: But Michigan has won with QB's who couldn't throw (Denard Robinson).

I definitely don't think UM will be winning a national title next year, but I think we will still be a good team.

And Michigan dominated the 20 years before that. We aren't talking about the past though. We are talking about right now. Ryan Day is still your coach and as long as he is and Michigan keeps playing the physical style they have the last 3 years -- Michigan will give OSU fits.

If you sit back and look at the rosters. OSU is vastly more talented than Michigan. They were vastly more talented in 2021. They were vastly more talented in 2022 and again this year.

The difference between the programs is the coaching, game plan and development of players to fit their system.

Michigan dominated the 90s. Not 20 years before that. The 80s were 6-4 in Michigan's favor.

Ryan Day has definitely gotten out coached by Harbaugh, but before that Harbaugh was getting out coached by Meyer. You have no idea how the next coach will do

Michigan has 9 players drafted from the 22 team and will have bunch from this team so spare me with the vast talent bullcrap. Recruiting rankings only go so far. You have to factor on players drafted as well. Even the best teams at developing players for college aren't putting tons of kids in the NFL if they don't have talent

Michigan will still be very good next year simply because of the defensive players they have returning. They will returned many of the DL, with both of their top DT's returning. Josiah Stewart is returning at DE. Will Johnson is returning at CB. So we will still win games with our defense.

Offense will be interesting. I could see UM going to a ton of RPO's if Orji is the QB. He is supposedly the biggest freak athletes on the team. 6'3" 235 lbs and one of the fastest guys on the team. Can he throw? I don't know :pound: But Michigan has won with QB's who couldn't throw (Denard Robinson).

I definitely don't think UM will be winning a national title next year, but I think we will still be a good team.

Orji is TERRIBLE overall as a QB, he's big and fast but that's about it. I don't think he's a guy you want taking the vast majority of the snaps at QB.

Michigan's biggest question is going to be OL. They are replacing literally everyone. I don't think the OL portal crop is very strong right now either if they want to go that way.

Defense likely will be good enough still but I doubt it's even close to as good as it was this year

Orji is TERRIBLE overall as a QB, he's big and fast but that's about it. I don't think he's a guy you want taking the vast majority of the snaps at QB.

Michigan's biggest question is going to be OL. They are replacing literally everyone. I don't think the OL portal crop is very strong right now either if they want to go that way.

Defense likely will be good enough still but I doubt it's even close to as good as it was this year
You know this how? He hasn't thrown a pass in college yet. They only brought him in to run the ball. In pre-determined sets. Are you saying OSU stole our practice tape and let their fans watch it?

OL -- I'm not worried about. We are so deep at OL -- we lost our best OL and simply moved our RT to RG, put the next guy in line at RT and we won the national title. We also have Hinton from Stanford, who started 2 years for them, who was the 7th OL on Michigan.

Depth is the question marks UM will have. OL/DL, RB -- I'm not worried about. Depth across the board at other positions I am. When you have 20+ guys head to the NFL draft -- You are going to have ALOT of new guys on the field.

You know this how? He hasn't thrown a pass in college yet. They only brought him in to run the ball. In pre-determined sets. Are you saying OSU stole our practice tape and let their fans watch it?

OL -- I'm not worried about. We are so deep at OL -- we lost our best OL and simply moved our RT to RG, put the next guy in line at RT and we won the national title. We also have Hinton from Stanford, who started 2 years for them, who was the 7th OL on Michigan.

Depth is the question marks UM will have. OL/DL, RB -- I'm not worried about. Depth across the board at other positions I am. When you have 20+ guys head to the NFL draft -- You are going to have ALOT of new guys on the field.

If a guy with his build and athleticism isn't being heavily recruited by everyone as a QB out of HS.....yea he's bad at being a QB.

Michigan's OL depth was so good in 2023 because of the transfers they brought in. Hinton is back but everyone else is a huge question mark. You are mistaken if you think that depth is exactly the same going into 2024.

Michigan dominated the 90s. Not 20 years before that. The 80s were 6-4 in Michigan's favor.

Ryan Day has definitely gotten out coached by Harbaugh, but before that Harbaugh was getting out coached by Meyer. You have no idea how the next coach will do

Michigan has 9 players drafted from the 22 team and will have bunch from this team so spare me with the vast talent bullcrap. Recruiting rankings only go so far. You have to factor on players drafted as well. Even the best teams at developing players for college aren't putting tons of kids in the NFL if they don't have talent
Michigan always has a bunch of guys drafted in the middle rounds or late. Hutch is the one star we had. Look at the 1st round picks for each team. Look at the # of players drafted in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd round.

Michigan doesn't get the high end 5 star recruits like OSU, Georgia, Bama. I think it said UM has signed 6 with Harbaugh as HC in 8 years, which is pretty much on par with every coach. We get the 5 star guys whose parents put academics at the top of the list. If you look at the HS GPA of all the 5 star guys we have signed -- they all are honor roll kids.

We don't get the type of recruits the football factories get. It is why I am going to enjoy this national title as we may not see one for a while. I tried explaining that to my 10 year old and his response was -- Can we stay up late to watch Michigan win the national title next year? I didn't have the heart to explain he may be 40 before the next time he gets that chance.

If a guy with his build and athleticism isn't being heavily recruited by everyone as a QB out of HS.....yea he's bad at being a QB.

Michigan's OL depth was so good in 2023 because of the transfers they brought in. Hinton is back but everyone else is a huge question mark. You are mistaken if you think that depth is exactly the same going into 2024.
Do I think UM will have 10 guys they could plug and play at the OL? No. But I'm not worried about the one position where we get really good talent all the time. OL and DL will be fine for UM.

So now he is terrible because.............Oklahoma, Arkansas, Michigan, VT Baylor, Texas Tech, Virigina, Virginia Tech, Nebraska, etc. offered him? I guess I can't write a guy off who is athletic enough, they insist on using him in offensive sets like UM did with him, because of who offered him out of HS.

Do I think UM will have 10 guys they could plug and play at the OL? No. But I'm not worried about the one position where we get really good talent all the time. OL and DL will be fine for UM.

So now he is terrible because.............Oklahoma, Arkansas, Michigan, VT Baylor, Texas Tech, Virigina, Virginia Tech, Nebraska, etc. offered him? I guess I can't write a guy off who is athletic enough, they insist on using him in offensive sets like UM did with him, because of who offered him out of HS.

Michigan definitely has a lot more questions on the OL than they have had going into recent seasons. The DL will be fine but It likely wont be as deep as it was this season.

LB will be the biggest question. They have to replace a lot there. The secondary will probably be pretty good, though depth at CB will be a concern.

I think Michigan would be well advised to try to pick up a transfer portal QB. Orji was not accurate at all in HS, until proven otherwise it's hard to expect much different in college. For a team that thrives on ball control and not having bad turnovers. Orji likely isn't the guy thats gonna keep that system going.

Next up for head coaching vacancies is the Michigan Wolverines. Crazy that the two teams who played in NCG are going to be looking to replace their head coach. With JJ and Corum going to the NFL and Harbaugh interviewing with the Chargers, it's all but over for the Wolverines group.

Interesting to see who Michigan gets. Any early names? Brian Kelly is one I heard long ago, which means, LSU you'll be up!

That's fine by me.

Brian Kelly lost me a lot of points in Pick'ems.

Whether I picked LSU or not. LOL

just saw Paige and Moore are returning (along with Will Johnson), so at least most of the secondary is back. Still not gonna be an easy task replacing Sainristil and even Josh Wallace. Was worried about him going into the OSU/Bama/UDub games but he played well. Defense should still be very good, though we'll see how the LB unit looks. I do like us getting Barham in the portal

Very good. So like the first 5 years of Harbaugh, just very good. Well that should be every year. Before Harbaugh for the last decade Michigan was a down program. In fact, Harbaugh was on the hot seat after losing to Urban year after year, Covid saved him. They weren’t even considered a true blue blood anymore. I mean they were one of the most overrated programs for some time. They finally got back to being that blue blood the last couple years. Short stint. It won’t last.

Please run the RPO. Robinson was like Vick. This dude is like a big FB and he can’t throw. I’d love to see him win the starting job lol.

3 years is long streak for a team that was an overrated program for so many years. I get it.