Michigan’s Sherone Moore to be named head coach

That is your claim to fame. You "held us" to 156 yards on the ground. What is next? You 'held us' to only 2 rushing touchdowns.

It is ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS to listen to OAM fans right now. We have broken an entire fan base.

"tUM only scored 30 last year"
"tUM only ran for 156 yards"
"tUM only beat you by 6"
Alright Slingblade, let's make this simpler for you: What happened in a game from 2-3 seasons ago is irrelevant to this season considering the massive amount of player turnover and coaching changes. However, Ohio State's defense that held michigan's vaunted run game in check last year is almost entirely returning and they added talent, while michigan is losing their entire OL, their QB, their bellcow RB, and nearly the entire coaching staff.

You went from 297 yards in 2021 to 252 in 2022 (almost entirely on two plays while being shut down the rest of the time). Then you lost Stallions and that number magically fell by nearly 100 yards last year despite having a completely healthy Corum. Now, you have no Stallions, no QB, no OL, no feature RB, and a patchwork coaching staff.

Again, good luck this year.

Alright Slingblade, let's make this simpler for you: What happened in a game from 2-3 seasons ago is irrelevant to this season considering the massive amount of player turnover and coaching changes. However, Ohio State's defense that held michigan's vaunted run game in check last year is almost entirely returning and they added talent, while michigan is losing their entire OL, their QB, their bellcow RB, and nearly the entire coaching staff.

You went from 297 yards in 2021 to 252 in 2022 (almost entirely on two plays while being shut down the rest of the time). Then you lost Stallions and that number magically fell by nearly 100 yards last year despite having a completely healthy Corum. Now, you have no Stallions, no QB, no OL, no feature RB, and a patchwork coaching staff.

Again, good luck this year.
Do we get to play your game too? Sounds like it is going to be a defensive struggle next year. OAM top returning WR had 25 yards against Michigan in 2023. So he will obviously do nothing in 2024, right? We held your RB to less than 3 ypc and we return our best two player on the DL at stopping the run. So you won't be able to run the ball. Am I doing this right?

Anyone other excuses you can come up with?

Do we get to play your game too? Sounds like it is going to be a defensive struggle next year. OAM top returning WR had 25 yards against Michigan in 2023. So he will obviously do nothing in 2024, right? We held your RB to less than 3 ypc and we return our best two player on the DL at stopping the run. So you won't be able to run the ball. Am I doing this right?

Anyone other excuses you can come up with?
Hey if you think that's what's going to happen, good on you for at least saying it. Your pal MnB refuses to give any kind of specifics. You didn't actually hold our RB to less than 3 YPC, and our top returning WR found the end zone against you guys last year. Also we upgraded at QB, we added the top transfer RB, and naturally I'm not concerned about our WRs, but again, good on you for at least spelling out what you think will happen.

OSU had a 12 play drive that took up over 6 minutes against michigan resulting in a TD where we ran the final 8 plays. You guys were incredibly lucky McCord set you up inside our 10 for your first TD, needless to say.
That's called defense, you guys should try playing it some time.

Hey if you think that's what's going to happen, good on you for at least saying it. Your pal MnB refuses to give any kind of specifics. You didn't actually hold our RB to less than 3 YPC, and our top returning WR found the end zone against you guys last year. Also we upgraded at QB, we added the top transfer RB, and naturally I'm not concerned about our WRs, but again, good on you for at least spelling out what you think will happen.
I'm just using your extremely well thought out logic. :facepalm:

I'm just using your extremely well thought out logic. :facepalm:
So the level of talent you return (and subsequent massive number of players leaving along with most of the coaching staff) is somehow irrelevant now? Make it make sense. Everything I laid out is valid. Just because it's not in your favor doesn't mean it's wrong or invalid.

Given the portal opened for 30 days when Harbaugh left, and we lost basically our entire defensive staff, this is actually not as bad as it could have been. Transfer losses stand at.....1
Did the Adegoke decision have something to do with it? Honest question.

Eh that was an added shot, the main point was MnB said we couldn't put together long physical drives that chew up clock, which we did.
I appreciated you guys running out your own clock. Thanks for the assist.

So the level of talent you return (and subsequent massive number of players leaving along with most of the coaching staff) is somehow irrelevant now? Make it make sense. Everything I laid out is valid. Just because it's not in your favor doesn't mean it's wrong or invalid.
You are so desperate to beat tUM, you resorted to projecting what will happen in a game with different players, different coaches, different coordinators, etc. based on results from a prior year. All the while making up any and every excuse why you haven't beaten tUM and then saying you don't make excuses.

I appreciated you guys running out your own clock. Thanks for the assist.
I mean, that was in the middle of the 3rd quarter, but if this is how you reconcile being proven wrong so be it.

You are so desperate to beat tUM, you resorted to projecting what will happen in a game with different players, different coaches, different coordinators, etc. based on results from a prior year. All the while making up any and every excuse why you haven't beaten tUM and then saying you don't make excuses.
Resorted to? I pointed out relevant facts about the game this coming season that are being used by basically everyone putting forth their 2024 projections. If you are saying nothing at all will change and michigan will be just as good in 2024 as they were in 2023, shoot your shot I guess.

Given the portal opened for 30 days when Harbaugh left, and we lost basically our entire defensive staff, this is actually not as bad as it could have been. Transfer losses stand at.....1

The coaching changes came at a time where enrollment is closed at a lot of places already. You are going to see a lot of transfers in spring.

The coaching changes came at a time where enrollment is closed at a lot of places already. You are going to see a lot of transfers in spring.
That really doesn't matter for some of the bigger names. Some of the supplemental guys, sure. If Will Johnson entered the portal today, he could transfer pretty much anywhere tomorrow.

That really doesn't matter for some of the bigger names. Some of the supplemental guys, sure. If Will Johnson entered the portal today, he could transfer pretty much anywhere tomorrow.

I don't think anyone was expecting any of the major returners to transfers. I still suspect depth hits will come in spring though.

I don't think anyone was expecting any of the major returners to transfers. I still suspect depth hits will come in spring though.
Way to really go out on a ledge with that prediction. Every team will take depth hits in the portal once guys figure out they are or they aren't going to be a starter.

I think you can expect any given year, coaching change or not, to lose a bunch of players to transfer. Michigan has actually lost almost no one so far in that aspect. So I would expect after the depth chart starts to become more apparent in spring, that players will jump (as they always have in the past and do at all other schools). I'd also expect us to pick up some portal additions in that time as well.

Back