Michigan’s Sherone Moore to be named head coach

That'd be excuses for 2021, 2022, 2023, for which you have had a plethora of excuses.

The excuses for 2024 is when you say Howard's stats were only worse because of his WR's, McCord's were only good because of his WR's
That is what you call excuses. How Edwards won't be able to run the ball in 2024 because as a backup he only ran for 30 yards last year. That concludes our 2nd grade English lesson.
Holy shit you're actually a developmentally disabled person. I thought calling you retard was in jest but you actually are. You realize that what you are saying is that having elite, NFL-caliber WRs and TEs has no impact at all on a QBs number as opposed to having weapons that are not going to be anywhere near that level? I just have to make sure I understand that you think having mediocre WRs is exactly the same as having elite WRs.

Holy shit you're actually a developmentally disabled person. I thought calling you retard was in jest but you actually are. You realize that what you are saying is that having elite, NFL-caliber WRs and TEs has no impact at all on a QBs number as opposed to having weapons that are not going to be anywhere near that level? I just have to make sure I understand that you think having mediocre WRs is exactly the same as having elite WRs.

Dumbest fan base in America…..

It’s painfully obvious to everyone but these guys that McCord was incredibly underwhelming considering the riches at his disposal

You do realize Kansas State has NFL talent, right? OAM isn't the only one who has NFL talent. And at Kansas State -- he had a much better run game to rely on last year, opening up the passing game.

And the BIGGEST difference is -- the quality of the defenses McCord faced in the B1G, compared the quality of defenses Howard faced at KSU. The throwing windows will be smaller in the B1G.

So will Howard have better weapons? Yes. He will be facing exponentially tougher defenses in the B1G than he faced at KSU.

Also -- OAM is losing their secret blanket WR in Harrison Jr. Egbuka is a good WR, but he is NOWHERE NEAR Harrison Jr., which is why OAM went out and bought another RB from the portal. I wouldn't be surprised if OAM runs for more yards than they pass for next year.

Dumbest fan base in America…..

It’s painfully obvious to everyone but these guys that McCord was incredibly underwhelming considering the riches at his disposal
He passed for the 7th most yards in OAM history, while completing 67% of his passes.

There is certainly a dumb fan base in this conversation, but it is the team trying to throw their QB under the bus for the coaching staffs short comings.

You do realize Kansas State has NFL talent, right? OAM isn't the only one who has NFL talent. And at Kansas State -- he had a much better run game to rely on last year, opening up the passing game.

And the BIGGEST difference is -- the quality of the defenses McCord faced in the B1G, compared the quality of defenses Howard faced at KSU. The throwing windows will be smaller in the B1G.

So will Howard have better weapons? Yes. He will be facing exponentially tougher defenses in the B1G than he faced at KSU.

Also -- OAM is losing their secret blanket WR in Harrison Jr. Egbuka is a good WR, but he is NOWHERE NEAR Harrison Jr., which is why OAM went out and bought another RB from the portal. I wouldn't be surprised if OAM runs for more yards than they pass for next year.
LOL so now you're equating the WR talent at KSU with OSU. Also a "much better run game" you really are retarded. Henderson averaged nearly half a yard more per attempt and had more TDs than KSU's leading rusher. Also, against the #10 and #13 scoring defenses in college football last year, Howard had 577 passing yards and 9 total TDs, and he also had 270 passing yards and 3 TDs vs Missouri on top of that. I've never seen someone who hates being right more than you, it's unreal.

"OSU lost their top WR so they had to go buy a backup RB" - holy shit this is the most retarded thing yet for so many reasons. You are leaning so desperately far into your NIL excuse and The Game isn't even for another 9+ months.

One thing I do feel good about the running game is that while Corum is going to be very tough to replace (duh), I feel pretty confident in Donovan Edwards improving upon his 2023 season. Felt like his biggest problem this season was him being impatient and not waiting for holes to develop or make his cut, something that was more present in the later part of the season. As for Mullings, I like him a lot at least a change of pace RB to Edwards' downhill running. It'll also be interesting to see who wins the starting QB job. If it's Orji, I'd expect him to have a bigger role in the running game than McCarthy did. Even if he's the backup, you may see him come out more often for designed runs or to act as a decoy. The bigger question mark for me in the running game is the OL, gonna be tough replacing Zinter/Keegan/Nugent.

LOL so now you're equating the WR talent at KSU with OSU. Also a "much better run game" you really are retarded. Henderson averaged nearly half a yard more per attempt and had more TDs than KSU's leading rusher. Also, against the #10 and #13 scoring defenses in college football last year, Howard had 577 passing yards and 9 total TDs, and he also had 270 passing yards and 3 TDs vs Missouri on top of that. I've never seen someone who hates being right more than you, it's unreal.

"OSU lost their top WR so they to go buy a backup RB" - holy shit this is the most retarded thing yet for so many reasons. You are leaning so desperately far into your NIL excuse and The Game isn't even for another 9+ months.
Yes -- A much better rushing game. Remember all those 'elite weapons at WR' at OAM and how Kansas State had nothing. Which team do you think was facing 8 and 9 man boxes, while the other was facing base 7?!?! No one and I mean NO ONE was game planning to stop OAM's running game. It was all about trying to slow down Marvin Harrison. Kansas State ran for almost 1,000 yards more than OAM.

Kansas State ran for 2,700 yards, 5.0 yards per carry and 32 touchdowns.

OAM ran for 1,800 yards, 4.2 yards per carry and 20 touchdowns.

"OSU lost their top WR so they had to go buy a backup RB" - holy shit this is the most retarded thing yet for so many reasons. You are leaning so desperately far into your NIL excuse and The Game isn't even for another 9+ months.
I'm sure you have plenty of excuses why this is the most ATF thing yet. It is the truth though. I would bet quite a bit you run the ball WAAAAAY more than the last 3 years, because someone finally realized, the shiny toys at WR are great, but THE University of Michigan is on to something controlling the line of scrimmage and dictating the pace a game is played.

One thing I do feel good about the running game is that while Corum is going to be very tough to replace (duh), I feel pretty confident in Donovan Edwards improving upon his 2023 season. Felt like his biggest problem this season was him being impatient and not waiting for holes to develop or make his cut, something that was more present in the later part of the season. As for Mullings, I like him a lot at least a change of pace RB to Edwards' downhill running. It'll also be interesting to see who wins the starting QB job. If it's Orji, I'd expect him to have a bigger role in the running game than McCarthy did. Even if he's the backup, you may see him come out more often for designed runs or to act as a decoy. The bigger question mark for me in the running game is the OL, gonna be tough replacing Zinter/Keegan/Nugent.

Don't try to bring this one back. It's gone. Just let them have it

The thing I think that's going to be hardest to replace about Corum is that he never once fumbled the ball. 0 lost fumbled in 4 years, which is absolutely crazy as a RB. We've actually had similarly productive RB's in a season -- example, Haskins before Corum. Haskins averaged 270 carries, had 1327 yards and averaged 4.9. Corum had 258 carries, 1245 yards and 27 TDs.

Corum was special because he produced like that for 3 years when he had the ball. We're going to have Edwards and another RB split carries and I think they'll do just fine at replacing that production -- so long as the offensive line also produces like they did while Corum was the lead back.

But as I keep saying, QB is the most important thing this year. RB is not going to make or break us this year. We could have had Corum come back, and this would still be the key to our success this season.

Yes -- A much better rushing game. Remember all those 'elite weapons at WR' at OAM and how Kansas State had nothing. Which team do you think was facing 8 and 9 man boxes, while the other was facing base 7?!?! No one and I mean NO ONE was game planning to stop OAM's running game. It was all about trying to slow down Marvin Harrison. Kansas State ran for almost 1,000 yards more than OAM.

Kansas State ran for 2,700 yards, 5.0 yards per carry and 32 touchdowns.

OAM ran for 1,800 yards, 4.2 yards per carry and 20 touchdowns.
And this somehow means Howard should've put up monster numbers when his top target was a TE/FB. Good lord, the desperate lengths you go to in order to discredit a kid you haven't even seen in OSU's system. When his numbers improve and McCord drops clear back, I'm sure you'll have another idiotic excuse. Carry on.

And this somehow means Howard should've put up monster numbers when his top target was a TE/FB. Good lord, the desperate lengths you go to in order to discredit a kid you haven't even seen in OSU's system. When his numbers improve and McCord drops clear back, I'm sure you'll have another idiotic excuse. Carry on.
Monster numbers? No. Just not mediocre numbers. The guy was 63rd in completion percentage and 53rd in yards per attempt, while facing defenses game planning to stop their run. His only top 20 stats was interceptions thrown with 10, i believe he ranked 15th overall with those.

You seem to think you are getting this massive upgrade at QB. If Howard were a massive upgrade -- he'd be on his way to the NFL, not transferring for a 5th year to a new program.

Monster numbers? No. Just not mediocre numbers. The guy was 63rd in completion percentage and 53rd in yards per attempt, while facing defenses game planning to stop their run. His only top 20 stats was interceptions thrown with 10, i believe he ranked 15th overall with those.

You seem to think you are getting this massive upgrade at QB. If Howard were a massive upgrade -- he'd be on his way to the NFL, not transferring for a 5th year to a new program.
Could it possibly be that he played 4 years at Kansas State, a school that has had two QBs drafted this century, and wants to go to a school like Ohio State that's had 3 first round QBs in the last 5 years? Maybe their development record and array of weapons can help him improve?

That fact that you think you're making valid points by saying KSU's receiving weapons and coaching make no difference compared to OSU's for a QB's development had you sunk before you started, but believe whatever you want I guess.

Could it possibly be that he played 4 years at Kansas State, a school that has had two QBs drafted this century, and wants to go to a school like Ohio State that's had 3 first round QBs in the last 5 years? Maybe their development record and array of weapons can help him improve?

That fact that you think you're making valid points by saying KSU's receiving weapons and coaching make no difference compared to OSU's for a QB's development had you sunk before you started, but believe whatever you want I guess.
Now you are using OAM as the school who develops QB's? The best QB in the history of OAM was a rookie this past year. The 2nd best QB ever at OAM is about to be traded a 3rd or 4th round pick, so the Bears can try to draft a real franchise QB in the draft this year.

The fact you think Howard is coming to OAM to be developed is beyond laughable. And I think Howard's numbers will improve, as he will now be on a team who will be vastly more talent than any team they face. Will he throw for the 7th most yards in OAM history, while completing 67% of his passes and a better than 4-1 td to int ratio like McCord had last year? No. He will have more rushing yards than McCord though.

Now you are using OAM as the school who develops QB's? The best QB in the history of OAM was a rookie this past year. The 2nd best QB ever at OAM is about to be traded a 3rd or 4th round pick, so the Bears can try to draft a real franchise QB in the draft this year.

The fact you think Howard is coming to OAM to be developed is beyond laughable. And I think Howard's numbers will improve, as he will now be on a team who will be vastly more talent than any team they face. Will he throw for the 7th most yards in OAM history, while completing 67% of his passes and a better than 4-1 td to int ratio like McCord had last year? No. He will have more rushing yards than McCord though.
OSU has had 3 QBs drafted in the last 5 first rounds. What happens at the next level is dependent on a huge number of factors which is why no college regularly produces Pro Bowlers at the position. Showing your ignorance yet again.

Why is it laughable? He has freakish size and fantastic athletic ability. I'm not saying he'll become a first rounder but this is definitely the best spot for him to spend his final year if he does in fact want to go pro. You actually have no idea what his passing numbers will look like, but again, shoot your shot I guess. He's a far better fit for our offense than McCord, hence why he's at OSU and McCord is at Syracuse.

OSU has had 3 QBs drafted in the last 5 first rounds. What happens at the next level is dependent on a huge number of factors which is why no college regularly produces Pro Bowlers at the position. Showing your ignorance yet again.

Why is it laughable? He has freakish size and fantastic athletic ability. I'm not saying he'll become a first rounder but this is definitely the best spot for him to spend his final year if he does in fact want to go pro. You actually have no idea what his passing numbers will look like, but again, shoot your shot I guess. He's a far better fit for our offense than McCord, hence why he's at OSU and McCord is at Syracuse.
MY ignorance? OAM has been the laughing stock of CFB for putting QB's into the NFL. Stroud is the closest you have to a legit QB1 in the NFL.................ever, now you are talking about OAM as if they are the benchmark for college programs developing QB's. Newsflash -- if OAM developed QB's like you think -- why in god's green earth would you need multiple portal QB's. :facepalm:

And explain how Howard is a better fit for your offense? You guys throw way more than you run and McCord is a much better passer than Howard. Or are you planning on going back to a RPO offense, which I really hope you do so that all the top WR's will go elsewhere.

MY ignorance? OAM has been the laughing stock of CFB for putting QB's into the NFL. Stroud is the closest you have to a legit QB1 in the NFL.................ever, now you are talking about OAM as if they are the benchmark for college programs developing QB's. Newsflash -- if OAM developed QB's like you think -- why in god's green earth would you need multiple portal QB's. :facepalm:

And explain how Howard is a better fit for your offense? You guys throw way more than you run and McCord is a much better passer than Howard. Or are you planning on going back to a RPO offense, which I really hope you do so that all the top WR's will go elsewhere.
OSU has put 3 QBs in the last 5 first rounds. Sorry that upsets you this much, but obviously NFL scouts seem to like them. Also, like most people, they know more about football than you.

Howard is bigger, is more a deliberate passer, is mentally tougher, and most of all can extend plays/run when he needs to. McCord had -65 rushing yards for the season last year.

You're getting awful upset over these facts, but again, you're entitled to your opinion.

OSU has put 3 QBs in the last 5 first rounds. Sorry that upsets you this much, but obviously NFL scouts seem to like them. Also, like most people, they know more about football than you.

Howard is bigger, is more a deliberate passer, is mentally tougher, and most of all can extend plays/run when he needs to. McCord had -65 rushing yards for the season last year.

You're getting awful upset over these facts, but again, you're entitled to your opinion.
Now Howard is deliberate? The knock on Howard is he is a single read QB and will force a throw or get happy feet and try to run if that first read isn't there. Now he is deliberate, not only deliberate, but mentally tougher, as if you have ANY CLUE about his mental proclivity.

There is nothing to be upset about. I just laugh because you seem to think you have coJosh Allen coming at QB, when reality is, you have Drew Allar coming but more reckless with the ball.

Now Howard is deliberate? The knock on Howard is he is a single read QB and will force a throw or get happy feet and try to run if that first read isn't there. Now he is deliberate, not only deliberate, but mentally tougher, as if you have ANY CLUE about his mental proclivity.

There is nothing to be upset about. I just laugh because you seem to think you have coJosh Allen coming at QB, when reality is, you have Drew Allar coming but more reckless with the ball.
Actually McCord was horrible at going through his possessions while this is something Howard does well. He has the ability step up in the pocket when he's being pressured and has good vision, something McCord rarely did. He throws very well on the run, also something McCord obviously cannot do. He has a quick release and can fit it into tight windows. And yes, mentally he is well ahead of McCord. McCord was undoubtedly carried by his receivers last year, mainly Harrison. Howard isn't perfect, he still has to limit turnovers (improved here from 2022 to 2023 in terms of TO-worthy throws) and his mechanics are a bit wonky but overall, he's an infinitely better option for us than McCord for these very reasons.

I've never once said we have Josh Allen coming at QB. I've said he's an upgrade who is a far better fit for our offense. I know this continues to upset you, but it is what it is.

Actually McCord was horrible at going through his possessions while this is something Howard does well.
too reliant on the scheme to create an open first read before getting anxious in the pocket.
The very first line of his NFL profile, yet now he is very good at going thru his progressions, but i'm sure your unbiased view knows Howard much better :pound:

Howard went from 4 interceptions to 10 interceptions and he "improved in that area" from 2022 to 2023. You may be the biggest homer on this entire site. You make MnB look like a logical fan.

Back