Michigan’s Sherone Moore to be named head coach

It's more a concern that a guy with McCord's stats is mobile. That can mean against much tougher defenses (which he will play in the B10) he will end up scrambling for his life as a first resort, and not a last resort.
It's not a concern when you consider the monumental leap in talent and coaching surrounding him, but you already knew that.

That can be a double edged sword, sometimes the more mobile QB's panic more and end up costing you opportunities in the passing game because they get jumpy.

I'll take that over what McCord was in the pocket. He had pretty terrible pocket presence, and wasn't all that mobile.

It's more a concern that a guy with McCord's stats is mobile. That can mean against much tougher defenses (which he will play in the B10) he will end up scrambling for his life as a first resort, and not a last resort.

His stats weren't that great when you break it down though. 15 of his 24 TD's came against WKU, YSU, Purdue, Michigan State and Rutgers. Meaning he had 9 in the other 7 games.

He was truly immobile; he had -65 rushing yards for the season.
I haven't really dove deep into pocket passer stats, but I'd imagine that's probably pretty typical of TRUE pocket passers because of sacks. Example -- Tom Brady's final season, he ended with -1 rushing yards.

I haven't really dove deep into pocket passer stats, but I'd imagine that's probably pretty typical of TRUE pocket passers because of sacks. Example -- Tom Brady's final season, he ended with -1 rushing yards.
Any QB that can't do better than that in college has horrendous pocket presence. It's one thing when facing the really tough defenses; his best game was 2 carries for 8 yards vs Indiana. He had 1 yard each vs WKU and Youngstown St. Those were the only games he had positive yardage.

Lol his last season didn't exactly go as planned and he was 45

Yeah, but Brady had elite pocket awareness and presence. If you're going to be immobile you need to be great at that. McCord definitely wasn't.

Yeah, but Brady had elite pocket awareness and presence. If you're going to be immobile you need to be great at that. McCord definitely wasn't.

Brady was also very good at picking up short yards on QB sneaks. One of the best at it and he didn't have the advantage of the tush push

keep in mind NCAA rushing yards includes sack yardage (NFL doesn't)

keep in mind NCAA rushing yards includes sack yardage (NFL doesn't)
Oh for sure, that's taken into account. Point being, he is a net negative on the ground because he cannot produce anything. As eric said, if that's the case, you have to be top tier in regards to pocket presence and awareness, which Kyle definitely is not. I shudder to think what our offense would've looked like with him if he didn't have Marv.

Oh for sure, that's taken into account. Point being, he is a net negative on the ground because he cannot produce anything. As eric said, if that's the case, you have to be top tier in regards to pocket presence and awareness, which Kyle definitely is not. I shudder to think what our offense would've looked like with him if he didn't have Marv.
Penix finished with -24 rushing yards in 2021, and just +8 this year. I don't think McCord having negative rushing yards actually means what you think it means.

We will see how that goes at Syracuse this year.

Penix finished with -24 rushing yards in 2021, and just +8 this year. I don't think McCord having negative rushing yards actually means what you think it means.
Remind me of Penix's weapons in 2021, and his passing numbers this year.

Ooooh nice!

for some reason I thought he had a coaching gig not an analyst gig. I just want to know what “personal reasons” essentially derailed harts career? Kind of sad for the guy.

Last edited:
for some reason I thought he had a coaching gig not an analyst gig. I just want to know what “personal reasons” essentially derailed harts career? Kind of sad for the guy.

He did suffer that seizure a couple of years ago. As an adult who has had one, and then because of that another fainting accident, the stress of that career can't be understated. Also, seizure meds have a lot of side effects associated with them. Fortunately, I didn't really feel the effects, but depression, and feeling tired/lackadaisical is a real issue with the meds. I work a 9-5 office job, with minimal stress. He's working crazy hours, travelling all over the country, I'd imagine, for recruiting and games.

He did suffer that seizure a couple of years ago. As an adult who has had one, and then because of that another fainting accident, the stress of that career can't be understated. Also, seizure meds have a lot of side effects associated with them. Fortunately, I didn't really feel the effects, but depression, and feeling tired/lackadaisical is a real issue with the meds. I work a 9-5 office job, with minimal stress. He's working crazy hours, travelling all over the country, I'd imagine, for recruiting and games.
He seemed like he was really doing wonders with our RBs. He kind of disappeared after the title game, wasn't even at the celebration, and has been reported for a couple months that he's on leave for personal issues. Not that it's any of my business really, or anyone elses, but it would have solved a lot of speculation to just say "recovering from medical issues" or something like that. The ambiguity of "personal reasons" has/had everyone guessing. And then to just leave at the end all seems odd.