Michigan’s Sherone Moore to be named head coach

Honestly, it might not be the best thing when a position coach is at a high level school that long. Alford was good enough to not get fired but not good enough that he was getting offered higher positions.

We will probably figure out pretty quick how "good" Alford really was. I think we will find someone who is at least equal with a good chance of finding a replacement who is better. You are right on here, long continuity as a position coach without promotions usually isn't a great thing.

I think he was pretty good earlier in his career, but anyone who takes an objective look into things can see that he's possibly on a decline of late. He's not terrible by any means but he's not upper level either in terms of being a RB coach.

Honestly, it might not be the best thing when a position coach is at a high level school that long. Alford was good enough to not get fired but not good enough that he was getting offered higher positions.
Alot of these position coaches are content doing just that -- getting paid handsomely and not dealing with the enormous pressures of being the guy in charge. Alford was paid almost $800,000 to coach the running backs and could have made north of $900,000 with incentives.

Sounds like a pretty good job to me.

We will probably figure out pretty quick how "good" Alford really was. I think we will find someone who is at least equal with a good chance of finding a replacement who is better. You are right on here, long continuity as a position coach without promotions usually isn't a great thing.

I think he was pretty good earlier in his career, but anyone who takes an objective look into things can see that he's possibly on a decline of late. He's not terrible by any means but he's not upper level either in terms of being a RB coach.
Seeing as OAM made him the 2nd highest paid running back coach in all of college football, i believe only LSU's makes more -- He was doing something right.

Cracks me up how he leaves and now he was on the decline of late. What has been on the decline for OAM is the play calling, which he had nothing to do with. When OAM runs the ball for more yards on the ground than they have in the last 4 or 5 years -- it won't be because of whoever you bring in -- it will be because Day isn't calling the plays anymore.

Wait until you realize we don’t care how good he is and that his hire was already a success, the PR and recruiting damage is done.

Seeing as OAM made him the 2nd highest paid running back coach in all of college football, i believe only LSU's makes more -- He was doing something right.

Cracks me up how he leaves and now he was on the decline of late. What has been on the decline for OAM is the play calling, which he had nothing to do with. When OAM runs the ball for more yards on the ground than they have in the last 4 or 5 years -- it won't be because of whoever you bring in -- it will be because Day isn't calling the plays anymore.

He was missing out on big time recruits and seem to struggle to develop depth at the position (thus us converting LBs and using walk on WRs at RB).

I don't want to downplay the success he did have though. He was an above average coach with flaws. Crazy to lose him this way

Wait until you realize we don’t care how good he is and that his hire was already a success, the PR and recruiting damage is done.

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Of course you are going to care how good he is. You are running football team

He was missing out on big time recruits and seem to struggle to develop depth at the position (thus us converting LBs and using walk on WRs at RB).

I don't want to downplay the success he did have though. He was an above average coach with flaws. Crazy to lose him this way

Exactly nobody is saying he sucks but above average is about the highest praise id give him. If he came from some random school and not Ohio State dUMb fans definitely wouldn’t be throwing a parade

Every team deals with depth issues if you have injuries, especially in today's CFB. And players flip all the time, especially if they have a top RB -- Steele Chambers was a RB who you moved to LB. Michigan does it all the time too. Kalil Mullins was a LB and moved to RB. Michael Barrett started as a RB and moved to LB. Hassan Haskins was going to be a LB and we moved him to RB.

Coaches just want to get your best athletes on the field. Reality for OAM is -- they have been a pass first team with Ryan Day as coach, so it isn't easy to convince top RB's to come, when the WR's are going to be featured. Michigan has the exact opposite problem -- trying to convince WR's to come to UM when the RB's are going to be featured.

In the end -- it is a position coach. He will help UM in recruiting, but it isn't going to change much, as UM doesn't hurt to sign RB's.

That’s the best part. He took a lateral position and viewed the university of Michigan alone as a better career path. Lol.
Of course, he saw who was above him at THE and knew he was not going higher. He looked and scUM and knew he could climb that ladder. Sucks to be the easy climb little brother.

Of course, he saw who was above him at THE and knew he was not going higher. He looked and scUM and knew he could climb that ladder. Sucks to be the easy climb little brother.
lol. lol.

Alford sees the writing on the wall. He knows one more loss to UM and Ryan Day and his entire coaching staff is getting fired, so he decided to get ahead of it and find him a secure job.:beer2:

lol soo tosu is reaching out to ou rb coach demarco murray??

talk about failing up lol

Alford sees the writing on the wall. He knows one more loss to UM and Ryan Day and his entire coaching staff is getting fired, so he decided to get ahead of it and find him a secure job.:beer2:
He knows after MI needed to cheat Day made them desperate just like he was supposed to do. He got them to show their true colors, the lesser program they are. That might get Day a raise.

He knows after MI needed to cheat Day made them desperate just like he was supposed to do. He got them to show their true colors, the lesser program they are. That might get Day a raise.
IDk he probably knows he'd be looking for a job this December anyway when OSU's new coach comes in

After seeing how soft Ryan Day defenses are -- Alford made a business decision to come to UM so he can pad his resume against those Charmin soft OAM defensive fronts

IDk he probably knows he'd be looking for a job this December anyway when OSU's new coach comes in
Bite your tongue. Ryan Day is not going anywhere. He can name his price. Michigan will pay him any amount to stay at OAM.

That could be true also. MI cheated for 3 years, no reason to think their cheatin has stopped.

After seeing how soft Ryan Day defenses are -- Alford made a business decision to come to UM so he can pad his resume against those Charmin soft OAM defensive fronts
So soft MI was so desperate they had to cheat. JJ admitted that.

That could be true also. MI cheated for 3 years, no reason to think their cheatin has stopped.
I wonder how Ohio State will cheat this year, since they have openly cheated and reported to the NCAA pretty much every year dating back to Tressel. Michigan, on the other hand, has had 0 allegations of cheating last year.