Mock Drafts : Chat

My thoughts were a little bit different. You set up a ranking system and each person has to submit. From there the top 6 teams get into the playoffs and we do it NFL playoff style. Top 2 teams get a bye and the last 4 in have to play wild card games. Each manager can just submit a vote, no discussion necessary.

Then for the bottom teams you can randomly set up a few matches where it's simply just a discussion thread. We can argue over who you think would win and why. It's not a consolation bracket because no teams move on, it's just there to discuss the matchup and how you think it would go down. Also the discussion threads can keep the board active because they can be talked about while we have another draft going down to keep things moving.

This keeps everyone involved. Less voting rounds so keep things moving. Discussions threads for analysis. And keeps managers who didn't make the playoffs involved enough to participate and not get bummed for not making the playoffs.

TL..DR

-Rank teams and have playoffs NFL Style
-Non-playoff teams randomly matched up for discussion threads
-Less voting rounds and speedier finish

I love this, my only issue is... "Non-playoff teams randomly matched up for discussion threads" I just don't think this would be very successful, I don't believe people will want to talk about games between teams that didn't make the playoffs and if one of us misses the playoffs 2,3,4 times in a row I think frustration will set in. Otherwise I like the idea of less voting for sure!!

I just don't know how to make some teams not making the playoffs work. Unless we had a consolation bracket that somehow benefited the winner of said bracket.

I love this, my only issue is... "Non-playoff teams randomly matched up for discussion threads" I just don't think this would be very successful, I don't believe people will want to talk about games between teams that didn't make the playoffs and if one of us misses the playoffs 2,3,4 times in a row I think frustration will set in. Otherwise I like the idea of less voting for sure!!
I dunno, I think you might not be giving enough credit for people wanting to be involved in a discussion. Can't know for sure unless we give it a shot.

I think maybe just one thread of say the 7th place team vs the 8th place team might be cool as a starting point. See if it's successful and go from there.

Also I think we can alter the playoffs to make a special exemption spot. If a manager misses say 2 or 3 consecutive playoffs, they're automatically entered as a wild card play-in game in the following draft. Could be just say one additional game of the Exemption spot vs the 6th place spot to get in, but at least it'll give someone an opportunity.

The team A and team B thing only worked when we had outsiders or people not in the draft voting, won't work if it's just us, we know who the teams are.

I have said this before to you... the biggest problem with voting is that we are too invested in our own teams to have an unbiased opinion...

I think the best way to limit this is to have multiple drafts back to back before we have the voting...

and then come back to a vote later on...

Like lets say we do a baseball draft next, we don't do the voting right after the draft, we do the next draft first... and then we can do the vote for the baseball draft...

there is no limit amount of drafts we can do before voting....

and if we wait, we may also forget whose team is whom... and that would even be better... Sure with quick research we could all figure out whose team was whom... but the point is that the emotion will all be out of the vote... and maybe we can have actual discussions, and some unbiased voting...

Not a bad idea but then we will have like a consolation bracket to determine the exact finish for everyone. I can't get you guys to vote now, how easy will it be to get you to vote on games between two teams that have already lost?

Yeah if it ended in a tie there could be some issues....open to other ideas

My thoughts were a little bit different. You set up a ranking system and each person has to submit. From there the top 6 teams get into the playoffs and we do it NFL playoff style. Top 2 teams get a bye and the last 4 in have to play wild card games. Each manager can just submit a vote, no discussion necessary.

Then for the bottom teams you can randomly set up a few matches where it's simply just a discussion thread. We can argue over who you think would win and why. It's not a consolation bracket because no teams move on, it's just there to discuss the matchup and how you think it would go down. Also the discussion threads can keep the board active because they can be talked about while we have another draft going down to keep things moving.

This keeps everyone involved. Less voting rounds so keep things moving. Discussions threads for analysis. And keeps managers who didn't make the playoffs involved enough to participate and not get bummed for not making the playoffs.

TL..DR

-Rank teams and have playoffs NFL Style
-Non-playoff teams randomly matched up for discussion threads
-Less voting rounds and speedier finish

Yeah going by history I doubt there will be much discussing especially for the teams not involved. Now if this was a couple years ago...we may be on to something there. Still like that idea with the playoff format

I have said this before to you... the biggest problem with voting is that we are too invested in our own teams to have an unbiased opinion...

I think the best way to limit this is to have multiple drafts back to back before we have the voting...

and then come back to a vote later on...

Like lets say we do a baseball draft next, we don't do the voting right after the draft, we do the next draft first... and then we can do the vote for the baseball draft...

there is no limit amount of drafts we can do before voting....

and if we wait, we may also forget whose team is whom... and that would even be better... Sure with quick research we could all figure out whose team was whom... but the point is that the emotion will all be out of the vote... and maybe we can have actual discussions, and some unbiased voting...

I'm open to all ideas but I do not think waiting a month to go back and vote will change the fact people will still be heavily invested in their own team. I think doing that will make people care less because they didn't just get done spending 3 weeks drafting the team, humans want immediate validation.

I dunno, I think you might not be giving enough credit for people wanting to be involved in a discussion.

There's no law against us having a discussion now and we aren't. Not picking on your ideas just searching for the best way for all of us!

Also I think we can alter the playoffs to make a special exemption spot. If a manager misses say 2 or 3 consecutive playoffs, they're automatically entered as a wild card play-in game in the following draft. Could be just say one additional game of the Exemption spot vs the 6th place spot to get in, but at least it'll give someone an opportunity.

This I really like.

Do you guys care about hoop cash anymore? I got approval from hammer to increase payouts and add an additional payout which I wanted to do for the losers bracket.

Do you guys care about hoop cash anymore? I got approval from hammer to increase payouts and add an additional payout which I wanted to do for the losers bracket.

how about this, forget the set rounds. We pick our opponents. We have a challenger and the challenged.
The challenger sets the stakes. If they win, the only thing they get is togo on to the next round. If they lose they have to pay out.
The challenged gets no penalty in losing. But if they win, they win the challenge stakes and move on.

first round everyone gets to challenge one team. It’s ok if any team faces more than one team

next round all teams that did not lose get to challenge a team.
we do this until there is one team left.

if after any round all teams have a loss then the team that accrued the largest winnings is the winner

how about this, forget the set rounds. We pick our opponents. We have a challenger and the challenged.
The challenger sets the stakes. If they win, the only thing they get is togo on to the next round. If they lose they have to pay out.
The challenged gets no penalty in losing. But if they win, they win the challenge stakes and move on.

first round everyone gets to challenge one team. It’s ok if any team faces more than one team

next round all teams that did not lose get to challenge a team.
we do this until there is one team left.

if after any round all teams have a loss then the team that accrued the largest winnings is the winner
confused jim carrey GIF

Let me try again!!!! similar idea, but executed differently, and less complicated

the total vcash that the winners get is split between all the owners...

every owner gets to challenge another owner... doesn't matter if multiple owners challenge the same owner...

so if there are 10 owners, there will be 10 first round matches...

the challenger sets the stakes, but we only have the vcash available to all the winners...

Winner wins the vcash stakes given at the challenge...

All teams that are at a net positive in winnings advances to the next round, each round the minimum bet increases

each round is handled the same, each team challenges another team...

This is done until only 1team is left,

... i do know this doesn't work yet...

but the idea sounds like a lot of fun...

Actually some might not like this idea, more than half the people drafting won't even get to be in a playoff game, if and when that happens a few times in a row some of us are likely to get frustrated.

I will just finish in second anyway If I make the playoffs

One idea I came up with that I like is from now on if you win your play-in game you get to pick your opponent in the next round.

Thoughts?

@stakesarehigh
@Shanemansj13
@UK Cowboy
@citysushi
@femurov
@Pack 500
@Tducey
@broncosmitty
@7 LEGGED OCTOPUS
@TheRobotDevil
@Mebert

How about we let people always pick there opponents. Let the choice be opposite of draft order.

we take away play in games.

when there is an odd amount of players in any round one team plays twice in that round.
If they win one and lose one they jump into third place matchup

if there are more than 2 teams in the third place matchup then we just pick the best of the teams if they were all competing each other.

it’s third place, who cares.

Did we not do payouts for this last one?