Mock Drafts : Chat

I guess the nfl is next. Maybe a 3 team per each division draft. Player has to have played majority of his career with team in question. 18 pro bowls or less per division. Players have to have debuted before 2010.

I got a couple likes on my draft idea so will we do that next?

Can someone talk me into doing another draft?

I just can't get excited about doing these anymore and it appears some of you feel the same.

I happen to know @Pack 500 wouldn't lose any sleep if we stopped.

@UK Cowboy @femurov @Shanemansj13 aren't paying attention anymore, maybe life has gotten in the way some but they just don't seem to care anymore.

I also know @Mebert is only here because he loves me but he also would not care if we stopped.

@7 LEGGED OCTOPUS will just find another group to annoy.

I know @citysushi has a lot going on with his family and business so he probably would like to use this time for them.

@stakesarehigh is probably tired of finishing second.

Too be honest @Tducey seems like the only one who really wants to keep going.

There was a time this past draft where we had 7 skips in a round.

Not everybody votes.

It just appears to me that it's time to pull the plug.

Change my mind.

I just can't get excited about doing these anymore and it appears some of you feel the same.

@UK Cowboy @femurov @Shanemansj13 aren't paying attention anymore, maybe life has gotten in the way some but they just don't seem to care anymore.

I also know @Mebert is only here because he loves me but he also would not care if we stopped.

I know @citysushi has a lot going on with his family and business so he probably would like to use this time for them.

Not everybody votes.

Change my mind.

It is fun

I get shitty because I'm competitive

But I'd rather finish second all the time than not do these

Not everybody votes.

Change my mind.

I can't get excited as much as I used to. They are fun at the beginning but I don't even try to chat anymore bc no use. Trading used to be fun...no point anymore. The voting just isn't what it used to be so tbh I don't even care about winning anymore...and that's what I liked was the competitiveness. I only do it now bc all you guys are like family and it doesn't seem right to leave. We should all appreciate Nos for all the hard work he has done over the years...it's just lost steam and it has nothing to do with you. I don't think a break will do anything at least a short break bc nothing will change when we get back. Change my feelings? lol

All that being said I think we all like to do them but things need to change...problem is, is anyone will to change and what changes can we really make.

If we all were into fantasy football we could just do that every year but I know some don't like it or don't anymore.

I can't get excited as much as I used to. They are fun at the beginning but I don't even try to chat anymore bc no use. Trading used to be fun...no point anymore. The voting just isn't what it used to be so tbh I don't even care about winning anymore...and that's what I liked was the competitiveness. I only do it now bc all you guys are like family and it doesn't seem right to leave. We should all appreciate Nos for all the hard work he has done over the years...it's just lost steam and it has nothing to do with you. I don't think a break will do anything at least a short break bc nothing will change when we get back. Change my feelings? lol

All that being said I think we all like to do them but things need to change...problem is, is anyone will to change and what changes can we really make.

If we all were into fantasy football we could just do that every year but I know some don't like it or don't anymore.

I never thought the voting was good... never was about competitiveness... it was always group think...

would it be so bad to just skip the voting all together... and just draft?? I mean, as much as Nos cries about things, he will miss my texts telling him he smells like a flatulent hippopotamus...

if anyone else wants to get my texts, they are welcome...

I hope you all don't think I said what I did looking for recognition. I promise you that has nothing to do with it. It was great adding @Kburjr and I do hope he stays, I also like when we have Stoke @Centerfield17 we need @TheRobotDevil back as well and I wish I could have got Mookie over here.

You nailed it Shane, the only reason I keep doing these is because of you all, I feel like if we stop I would never get to talk with you bastards! I do not want that!

I hope you all don't think I said what I did looking for recognition. I promise you that has nothing to do with it. It was great adding @Kburjr and I do hope he stays, I also like when we have Stoke @Centerfield17 we need @TheRobotDevil back as well and I wish I could have got Mookie over here.

You nailed it Shane, the only reason I keep doing these is because of you all, I feel like if we stop I would never get to talk with you bastards! I do not want that!
But you said that would be a good thing with me and you.... are you now backtracking?? are you admitting that you really like me?? the whole time??

I never thought the voting was good... never was about competitiveness... it was always group think...

I agree to a point. I think we all have players we like and dislike that nobody can change our mind on but I don't think it's necessarily group think because honestly I find myself thinking the opposite of what you think, lolzzz

Maybe I should just quit crying and do the drafts because I used to love them and because I like most of you guys! I just fucking hate the skip me bullshit.

Finally we have to have some kind of voting, there needs to be some finality to a draft. I truly believe the best cure is bringing in new people but it's difficult to get people who are active.

But you said that would be a good thing with me and you.... are you now backtracking?? are you admitting that you really like me?? the whole time??

I do like ya Milk, you are fucking annoying sometimes but if I didn't like you I wouldn't have asked you to come back twice even after you bad mouthed me behind my back.

would it be so bad to just skip the voting all together... and just draft?? I mean, as much as Nos cries about things, he will miss my texts telling him he smells like a flatulent hippopotamus...

if anyone else wants to get my texts, they are welcome...

Definitely was the main reason, great group of guys but I think we can all agree almost everyone wanted to win. Guys would give a full page for their pitch. Yeah the voting was always something we tried to change up but no true way around it.

It's something to think about, skip the voting...

I agree to a point. I think we all have players we like and dislike that nobody can change our mind on but I don't think it's necessarily group think because honestly I find myself thinking the opposite of what you think, lolzzz

Maybe I should just quit crying and do the drafts because I used to love them and because I like most of you guys! I just fucking hate the skip me bullshit.

Finally we have to have some kind of voting, there needs to be some finality to a draft. I truly believe the best cure is bringing in new people but it's difficult to get people who are active.

New people = new opinions. Definitely part of the dilemma here.

I still want to be apart of these drafts btw

Not everybody votes.

Change my mind.

IMO, not to unnecessarily flatter you, but the drafts and the enthusiasm around it go kind of as you go. Back at the old board the drafts started dying out because you said you were over it and retired. Then unretired. Then retired again. And now we're back here. Shane and Femur did great when they got passed the torch for a bit but there was a clear drop off in discussions because those guys had less time to actively chat and whatnot as well.

I mean no one else can really replicate all the time and effort you spend on making these things go. I think if you enjoy doing them, the rest of us will enjoy it because its a nice distraction with the occassional bullshit and bantering. I could do without all the political stuff but I'm here all day for you to talk shit to me about who I draft or root for.

This past draft was reasonably hard for most people because people were trying to figure out who fit the categories. I'd be willing to bet that in that round where 7 people skipped, those 7 all eventually drafted a relief pitcher.

I like the drafts because I'm competitive and like to win. Its also nice to chat with you all and shoot the shit from time to time. I wish that part would pick up more and I can do my part as well.

I have some ideas in voting which I'll address in another post, but for the most part I just want to reiterate I think the drafts go as you do.

I have a novel idea for voting that could spice things up and also boost discussion around here.

Have LESS people voting to determine the winners of the round. For the play-in round, we have the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners of the previous draft select the winner. Each of them HAVE to vote, even if it's a 2-0 sweep in the first two picks. They additionally have to post a reason why they chose the winner. The rest of the way the play-in losers select the winners in each round and choose the champion. If there is an even number of voters, the tie breaker goes to whoever had the lower selection in the 1st round. Again, each voting round the voter has to give their reasons for why they selected the team to advance.

-This will allow for some actual discussion regarding the teams and the matchups.
-Voters can't be swayed by group think.
-We will have new voters every draft because the play-ins are random.
-You can't vote for your own team

Shit talking and arguing will flow because people will want to argue the decisions being made by the voters. This can only help activity around here.

*One alternative to the draft would be to allow for everyone to vote on the winner in the Championship/3rd place matchup.

I think if you enjoy doing them, the rest of us will enjoy it

I guess maybe that's my problem, I want you guys to care as much as I do and I give the impression I don't care, believe me I would love to get our drafts back to what they once were. We need to stop skipping!!! Not trying to single him out but we can just have a clock for Milk as he's pretty much the only one who makes us wait everytime he's OTC.

I know most of you would like to do one super draft after another but I really like to make you summbichs' work and it's just more interesting to me when we are drafting players not normally chosen.

I guess maybe that's my problem, I want you guys to care as much as I do and I give the impression I don't care, believe me I would love to get our drafts back to what they once were. We need to stop skipping!!! Not trying to single him out but we can just have a clock for Milk as he's pretty much the only one who makes us wait everytime he's OTC.

I know most of you would like to do one super draft after another but I really like to make you summbichs' work and it's just more interesting to me when we are drafting players not normally chosen.

That was the most times I called for a skip in a draft...but like Sushi said filling out the RP's was rough and I got lazy...not gonna lie lol.