Mock Drafts : Chat

I enjoyed the challenge, but then I am a totally old time baseball freak. Pre-1940 baseball interests me. The draft was interesting although I wish there was a way of condensing it. The voting without commentary was disappointing. Still, I would def do it again. I might even give football a shot or two

i have an interesting voting idea.

we all get 2 votes per amount of owners. So if there is 10 owners we get 20 votes.

you can use as many votes as you want in any matchup. Once you have zero votes left you can not vote anymore. But you must vote in every matchup until you have no more votes.

You can not add more votes to a matchup after you voted.

what would be fun about this, is anyone can win any matchup if you really want to win that matchup.

I enjoyed the challenge, but then I am a totally old time baseball freak. Pre-1940 baseball interests me. The draft was interesting although I wish there was a way of condensing it. The voting without commentary was disappointing. Still, I would def do it again. I might even give football a shot or two

Pre 1940 baseball is interesting. But there is lots of inconsistencies with how we view players. There are some players who were just as great that are ignored. While others are seen to be the bees knees.

Pre 1940 baseball is interesting. But there is lots of inconsistencies with how we view players. There are some players who were just as great that are ignored. While others are seen to be the bees knees.
The bees knees ref is primo.

And yeah I agree with the rest. Part of which makes it interesting

The bees knees is a 20's reference. Give us some examples!

I didn’t vote last draft and somehow beat you...so I am all for that idea

I kinda feel bad because you don't win anymore... It's not because of your drafting, it's the overrated avatar!!

Had a thought for the next NFL "draft". We use a draft order of lowest to highest amount of draft Championships.

The first team drafting drafts a team from a group 16 teams, which will be the 16 teams with the best players, such as Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, L.A. Rams, Dallas etc...

The person with the most draft Championships selects the last team from said group.

Starting round 2 the teams select their team from the remaining 16 teams that were not available in round 1

Once each team has their two teams they put together their best team using 12 players from each team.

We post, vote & discuss!

Had a thought for the next NFL "draft". We use a draft order of lowest to highest amount of draft Championships.

The first team drafting drafts a team from a group 16 teams, which will be the 16 teams with the best players, such as Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, L.A. Rams, Dallas etc...

The person with the most draft Championships selects the last team from said group.

Starting round 2 the teams select their team from the remaining 16 teams that were not available in round 1

Once each team has their two teams they put together their best team using 12 players from each team.

We post, vote & discuss!
So it won’t be a snake draft. Just set order? Since I have a low total I’m down!

Have an idea for our next hoops draft. it’s like a reverse phase draft where instead of filling the phase, a phase is wiped out of a player qualifies for it. They act as restrictions. If a player qualifies for multiple categories all those categories are wiped off the board.

For Example:

1. Player averaged 25 ppg for career.
2. Player won 2 or more MVPs
3. Player won a DPOY

If Michael Jordan was drafted he would wipe out all categories and you could not draft another player who had any of the 3 phases.

If you drafted Kobe, he would only qualify for the 1st category so you could still draft a player who won a DPOY and 2 or more MVPs.

14 player draft with two half lineups and two bench players for each half.

Thoughts?

Have an idea for our next hoops draft. it’s like a reverse phase draft where instead of filling the phase, a phase is wiped out of a player qualifies for it. They act as restrictions. If a player qualifies for multiple categories all those categories are wiped off the board.

For Example:

1. Player averaged 25 ppg for career.
2. Player won 2 or more MVPs
3. Player won a DPOY

If Michael Jordan was drafted he would wipe out all categories and you could not draft another player who had any of the 3 phases.

If you drafted Kobe, he would only qualify for the 1st category so you could still draft a player who won a DPOY and 2 or more MVPs.

14 player draft with two half lineups and two bench players for each half.

Thoughts?

If you draft MJ and he wipes away three, what do we use as the replacement phases for those other two he used up?

I think you just have to draft someone who doesn't fit into any of the phases.

I think you just have to draft someone who doesn't fit into any of the phases.
Yes this. The phases are there to limit the amount of all time greats you can take.

Yes this. The phases are there to limit the amount of all time greats you can take.

Then there needs to be a bunch of phases as it should really cost you to take one of the all time greats like Felton Spencer!

Next Hoops Draft

Two drafts.

Eastern Conference first.

You take 10 players from the Eastern Conference.

You have a cap of $35 (We can talk about this)

Whatever team the player had the most starts with is the team the represent.

Then we do Western Conference and once finished we have the two winning teams face off in the Association Championship.

Whatcha think?

@citysushi
@Shanemansj13
@femurov
@stakesarehigh
@Mebert
@Centerfield17
@7 LEGGED OCTOPUS
@TheRobotDevil
@Tducey
@UK Cowboy
@Pack 500