Mock Drafts : Chat

The team A and team B thing only worked when we had outsiders or people not in the draft voting, won't work if it's just us, we know who the teams are.

I used to write lengthy thoughts but some people were against it. It was mostly me and WLK who were writing full on synopsis. But I'm down to go back. Honestly the arguing could boost attendence and participation around here.

I used to write lengthy thoughts but some people were against it. It was mostly me and WLK who were writing full on synopsis. But I'm down to go back. Honestly the arguing could boost attendence and participation around here.

Only issue with that for me is when I argue for my team i'm an ass hole when everyone else argues for their team they are just competitive. Something Savali actually pointed out to everyone four or five years ago, somehow I was held to a different standard. Big part of the reason I stopped posting my overall views of each game.

The team A and team B thing only worked when we had outsiders or people not in the draft voting, won't work if it's just us, we know who the teams are.

Id think getting outsider votes would be interesting. Perhaps see if anyone is interested

Honestly, I don't believe posting a little write up will change anything and not everyone will do it so it's a waste of time talking about it. The biggest issue I see is it's the same 10 or so people drafting, we all know who everyone else likes, we all know how everyone votes and it's just become boring.

Id think getting outsider votes would be interesting. Perhaps see if anyone is interested

It was interesting but I wouldn't mind at least trying it for one draft again. We kinda know what to expect to this point...you have to draft a certain way and get certain players...same old, same old.

Didn't work at all, we had people just coming on and voting for their favorite players.

Honestly, I don't believe posting a little write up will change anything and not everyone will do it so it's a waste of time talking about it. The biggest issue I see is it's the same 10 or so people drafting, we all know who everyone else likes, we all know how everyone votes and it's just become boring.

Exactly. We need to include the outsiders.

Didn't work at all, we had people just coming on and voting for their favorite players.

It's the only way. We just need to find guys that are knowledgeable than we can go from there. It won't be perfect but it's better than the repetitive voting we have now.

It's the only way. We just need to find guys that are knowledgeable than we can go from there. It won't be perfect but it's better than the repetitive voting we have now.

I don't know if it's the only way but it's preferable

No that sucked. Guys just pick the winner from who had the most players from their favorite teams

You were there when we tried it, it failed miserably.

Actually some might not like this idea, more than half the people drafting won't even get to be in a playoff game, if and when that happens a few times in a row some of us are likely to get frustrated.

Actually some might not like this idea, more than half the people drafting won't even get to be in a playoff game, if and when that happens a few times in a row some of us are likely to get frustrated.
What about a combo of both. How about we do a ranking first and then a playoff seeding instead of draft order. Validation from the seeding but upsets can happen based on matchups.

What about a combo of both. How about we do a ranking first and then a playoff seeding instead of draft order. Validation from the seeding but upsets can happen based on matchups.

Yeah we could do 50/50.

1. We rank players - you get so many points depending on your place. Ex. 1st - 9 2nd - 7 3rd - 6, etc.
2. We do our normal format of matchups. Same, you get points depending on your place.

Add points together to determine the final ranking.

Yeah we could do 50/50.

1. We rank players - you get so many points depending on your place. Ex. 1st - 9 2nd - 7 3rd - 6, etc.
2. We do our normal format of matchups. Same, you get points depending on your place.

Add points together to determine the final ranking.

Not a bad idea but then we will have like a consolation bracket to determine the exact finish for everyone. I can't get you guys to vote now, how easy will it be to get you to vote on games between two teams that have already lost?

Not a bad idea but then we will have like a consolation bracket to determine the exact finish for everyone. I can't get you guys to vote now, how easy will it be to get you to vote on games between two teams that have already lost?

My thoughts were a little bit different. You set up a ranking system and each person has to submit. From there the top 6 teams get into the playoffs and we do it NFL playoff style. Top 2 teams get a bye and the last 4 in have to play wild card games. Each manager can just submit a vote, no discussion necessary.

Then for the bottom teams you can randomly set up a few matches where it's simply just a discussion thread. We can argue over who you think would win and why. It's not a consolation bracket because no teams move on, it's just there to discuss the matchup and how you think it would go down. Also the discussion threads can keep the board active because they can be talked about while we have another draft going down to keep things moving.

This keeps everyone involved. Less voting rounds so keep things moving. Discussions threads for analysis. And keeps managers who didn't make the playoffs involved enough to participate and not get bummed for not making the playoffs.

TL..DR

-Rank teams and have playoffs NFL Style
-Non-playoff teams randomly matched up for discussion threads
-Less voting rounds and speedier finish