Monday Funday

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 33,889.00
Heavy machinery working on our street today. Hopefully they're smoothing out the shit work the company that the last crew did when they upgraded our gas lines or whatever they did.

Started marking out my next landscaping project. Going to take some of that no-dig rubber edging and make the area around the air conditioner and the hose hook-up a mulch bed, since it's a pain in the ass to keep looking nice in the first place. Might also help keep the intakes around the unit cleaner since there won't be grass and weed trimmings coming at it when the lawn gets mowed.

Just need my MiL to visit for a weekend so I'll have time to do it.

Is that no-dig rubber edging good, stay in place and work well?

Is that no-dig rubber edging good, stay in place and work well?
Yeah, I've had it on a couple of things and it's worked well. I replaced the lower plastic edging around the berry plants I have alongside the house, as well as the vegetable garden in my back yard and I made a small area for my grills with it. I think I've had it in some spots for over 5 years now.

morning all, saw my first MN united loss in person

Twolves can't stop being twolves, #1 seed most of season, finish #3 seed and have a terrible match up where they're the underdogs

Started marking out my next landscaping project. Going to take some of that no-dig rubber edging and make the area around the air conditioner and the hose hook-up a mulch bed, since it's a pain in the ass to keep looking nice in the first place. Might also help keep the intakes around the unit cleaner since there won't be grass and weed trimmings coming at it when the lawn gets mowed.

Just need my MiL to visit for a weekend so I'll have time to do it.
Yeah, I might spruce up some additional spots this year

Yeah, I've had it on a couple of things and it's worked well. I replaced the lower plastic edging around the berry plants I have alongside the house, as well as the vegetable garden in my back yard and I made a small area for my grills with it. I think I've had it in some spots for over 5 years now.
18953360_10211939881606490_5829018503853695103_o-jpg.118615

Actually, I did this in 2017. Some things have settled out a little odd and there are some small gaps between the upper portions of a few sections, but I haven't done any serious maintenance to this and it looks pretty close to this now.

Attachments

• 18953360_10211939881606490_5829018503853695103_o.jpg
    18953360_10211939881606490_5829018503853695103_o.jpg
    584.3 KB · Views: 1
Heavy machinery working on our street today. Hopefully they're smoothing out the shit work the company that the last crew did when they upgraded our gas lines or whatever they did.
Repaving the street it is. We'll need to park on the side streets tomorrow in order to get out.

18953360_10211939881606490_5829018503853695103_o-jpg.118615

Actually, I did this in 2017. Some things have settled out a little odd and there are some small gaps between the upper portions of a few sections, but I haven't done any serious maintenance to this and it looks pretty close to this now.
no curves, uneven soil, floppy plants

2/10

no curves, uneven soil, floppy plants

2/10
I haven't really tried to curve it. Would probably work alright. There's a spot behind my deck that I'm considering trying out because the lower-profile stuff I have around it right now doesn't hold the mulch well. And my yard angles downhill pretty steeply from front to back. The best was the old patio was poured to match the slope, so you could practically pass food to people by letting go of it.

I haven't really tried to curve it. Would probably work alright. There's a spot behind my deck that I'm considering trying out because the lower-profile stuff I have around it right now doesn't hold the mulch well. And my yard angles downhill pretty steeply from front to back. The best was the old patio was poured to match the slope, so you could practically pass food to people by letting go of it.
It's okay even if Pinky Pants don't like it.

It's okay even if Pinky Pants don't like it.
Wasn't going to try and win a Better Homes and Gardens prize or something. Those misshapen plants grew some tasty beans, tomatoes, and peppers.

Tax day... completed mine last night. Owed the government less than $100. Glad my new employer's payroll can get something right. Also glad the ebay 1099-K requirement is still $20K for 2023 instead of $600 like it is for this year.

Wasn't going to try and win a Better Homes and Gardens prize or something.

When I was a kid my best friends parents literally won the Better Home and Gardens prize.

Their house was in the magazine and everything.