Monday patriots day thread

Quality of materials. Especially the frame wood and construction.
I mean, I wasn't going to lift up or lay on the floor to look at the craftsmanship of the stuff on the showroom floor.

To me it was...

1. Leather
2. A third of the couch needs a big "chaise" piece.
3. Black / Gray / Blue

Done.

I mean, I wasn't going to lift up or lay on the floor to look at the craftsmanship of the stuff on the showroom floor.

To me it was...

1. Leather
2. A third of the couch needs a big "chaise" piece.
3. Black / Gray / Blue

Done.
I get that. The quality of the cover material also plays a big part. For example, if the cost of leather covering differ if it was full-grain or one of several levels of split grain can be measured in multiples of each other.

we didn't really have a ideal spot for fence either, but made it work. I wish I would've done it a little differently, but not going to spend the $$ to update
We have some ideas on how to do it, maybe now that the wife is actually backing up the driveway instead of pulling into the back yard to turn around, we can do something with chain link. The whole way the yard is laid out is less than ideal. We can fence off part of it if we wanted, but haven't really had the need to yet.

I personally don't even grasp what makes a couch worth higher end prices. It could be just walking through a dozen stores, looking at essentially the same shit. I just went in knowing I wanted a certain "type" of couch.
oh if I had a nickel every time you personally can't grasp something...

I personally don't even grasp what makes a couch worth higher end prices. It could be just walking through a dozen stores, looking at essentially the same shit. I just went in knowing I wanted a certain "type" of couch.
quality of materials is a big one.

She just woke up.....good.

I'm starving.

I am gonna try this.
20210418_094514.jpg

Schitts Creek Please GIF by CBC

We have some ideas on how to do it, maybe now that the wife is actually backing up the driveway instead of pulling into the back yard to turn around, we can do something with chain link. The whole way the yard is laid out is less than ideal. We can fence off part of it if we wanted, but haven't really had the need to yet.
with dogs for us it was a priority, we also had fencing along one side from neighbors so trying to figure it out an a oddly shaped yard

I have 2 large side yards and no back yard. I used other fence as a guide and wished I would've gone a little further out and down side yard and further along back of the house, but oh well. I could probably update the fencing but it would most likely cost nearly as much as the first time i installed it, it is what it is. Dogs have a bit less room and there are times I just wish it went further

with dogs for us it was a priority, we also had fencing along one side from neighbors so trying to figure it out an a oddly shaped yard

I have 2 large side yards and no back yard. I used other fence as a guide and wished I would've gone a little further out and down side yard and further along back of the house, but oh well. I could probably update the fencing but it would most likely cost nearly as much as the first time i installed it, it is what it is. Dogs have a bit less room and there are times I just wish it went further
If we fenced, we'd have to deal with a curved section of the yard between the end of the deck and the garage. Garage is sited in a dumb place, it's like 15 feet away from the back of the property, and faces the neighbors' yard, so there's a small open space behind it that you obviously can't see from the house. The front wouldn't be too bad, just need gates for the front walk and the driveway entrance. Also, part of my hesitation for putting up my own fence is I'm pretty sure the neighbors on the other side of the garage built their fence a few feet behind the real property line, and I don't want to give back the extra land. Not that it's a ton of space, but in a small yard, every bit counts.

baseball game already underway this morning. do they figure all of the patriots will be passed out by 1600 on their holiday?

baseball game already underway this morning. do they figure all of the patriots will be passed out by 1600 on their holiday?
It allows people to both attend the game at Fenway and pretend to care about the Boston Marathon afterwards.

It allows people to both attend the game at Fenway and pretend to care about the Boston Marathon afterwards.
oh, i get it. like the penn relays.

Morning. Got a project to work on this spring. Picked this swingset up for the cost of a trailer. Obviously needs some cleaning, a coat or two of stain, and a few pieces of wood replaced, but otherwise it's in decent enough shape. Ham had basically outgrown the swingset we had in the yard last summer, so hopefully this lasts until Tank gets bored of it.

View attachment 27552
Wow, not sure I've ever seen a wooden one.

Back