Netflix in trouble

It's incredible that a platform that threw tens of millions of dollars at anything and everything celebrity related, while ignoring the fact they can produce viral content with nobodies, is failing...
What has been proven is that quality and consistent releases without delays is the best formula over just quantity.

Paramount has been the big surprise and is growing due to Star Trek and the Taylor Sheridan content. Their biggest minus is that does seem to be lags at times but you can tell they are trying to close that gap.

Disney has hit a pretty good stride with alternating Star Wars and Marvel series and just ousting them out an episode at a time. They’ve got gaps as well but I’m seeing those period getting shorter. I’d probably cancel Disney if I didn’t get a deal on it through a bundle with Hulu which I use for live TV.

Apple is probably the least consistent for me and if I wasn’t getting it free I doubt I’d subscribe.

Prime I get as part of the membership which I get to not pay shipping. I think they are going to get big upticks when LOTR series start streaming. They had better because they have like a billion invested in it.

I didn't sign up for Netflix for a long time because they propped up people I hate like Lee Bown James and the Obamas.

But I wanted to watch Ozark and that was the only way I could. Since signing up I watch it more than any other service I've got. 2nd place is Prime, maybe tied with paramount+.

Their content sucked. Like for original content, Bojack Horseman was the best they had by far and they don’t have any series I’ve searched for other than Trailer Park Boys. Netflix was by far the worst of the streaming services, but as soon as YoutubeTv stopped carrying Braves games, I got DirectTV hooked back up

Ive always had DTV.......I just quit paying for the Sunday tix a couple of years ago when it hit 275......
Wife pays for the lesser value and we can still get free mivie channels from time to time and record them......
Heck alot of movies they show has been edited,but atleast its a movie I like.....Netflix movies are wierd....

We knew someone wasn't going to make it but I'm a little surprised that Netflix might be first. It looks like Netflix is going all in with the advertising model to try and increase the subscriber base but I don't see that working. If anything it is going to drive some out of their current package into a lower-priced one.

What we are learning is that for the streaming platforms to survive they a couple of key components:

1. A streaming service really needs to be paired with another business in order to supplement them in the down times.
2. They really need to own a studio catalog in order to feed content and give them dibs on first releases
3. They need hit shows
4. They need to own popular franchises like Marvel, Star War, Star Trek, Harry Potter, DC ect

Netfix really doesn't have any of the above except for item 3 and those are becoming harder and harder to get and more expansive to land due to the competition. They have wasted millions giving deals that didn't make sense to people like the Obamas that haven't paid off.

The early reviews for Gray Man are pretty bland so that massive breakout hit they needed doesn't seem to be coming.

They have hit shows.. they just need to stop the whole 2 years between series shit. Stranger things dropped... people watched it all in a month now nothing again until 2023 or 2024 for it.

same with You and others

Haven't had Friends for quite a while. They have Seinfeld now.
Well, Seinfeld is infinitely better than Friends, but I’m still a bit annoyed that Comedy Central replaced Parks and Rec reruns with Seinfeld reruns.

I wish there was a place to get Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law reruns somewhere. They don’t even show the reruns on Adult Swim anymore. I have a handful of episodes on my DVR from where they showed a few episodes before Birdgirl’s pilot, but that’s it, and Birdgirl kinda sucks.

They have that F1 series too. It’s a good watch

I wish there was a place to get Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law reruns somewhere. They don’t even show the reruns on Adult Swim anymore. I have a handful of episodes on my DVR from where they showed a few episodes before Birdgirl’s pilot, but that’s it, and Birdgirl kinda sucks.
You can buy the dvd's at amazon.com, if you have prime video you can also download them.

Or here's a whole list of them for free

You can buy the dvd's at amazon.com, if you have prime video you can also download them.

Or here's a whole list of them for free
Don’t have Amazon Prime or a DVD player

They have hit shows.. they just need to stop the whole 2 years between series shit. Stranger things dropped... people watched it all in a month now nothing again until 2023 or 2024 for it.

same with You and others
This. Their hit shows release, everyone binges them, then there’s no reason to subscribe for another two years.

They got a little smarter with stranger things releasing the finale exactly one month later, making everyone have to pay for at least two months. But even still, they need to hope something else hits between Squid Game 2 and stranger things 5. Lotta time for people to not care in there.

I think one of their biggest mistakes was never committing to their second tier shows. They had a lot of good shit with some loyal followings that weren’t quite “hit” level. So many shows with so much potential like Mindhunter, where they just let the creators walk, and Santa Clarita Diet where, well who really knows what happened there, they just axed it after the season 2 cliffhanger. Who even wants to try their new original content when you know they’ll just leave you hangin with it if it’s not a huge cultural success.

Also, losing the office was probably the worst thing that could have ever happened to them. So many people had an Office subscription, with the added perk of other Netflix content.

Do you have a fucking phone with internet or a computer? I'm watching one of those bing videos I posted right now.
I’d need it playing through the TV for the full Birdman experience. I’ll have to wait until I get home where the smart tv lives.

Also, losing the office was probably the worst thing that could have ever happened to them. So many people had an Office subscription, with the added perk of other Netflix content.
I’ll never get the appeal of that show. Guess you have to work in an office to get it, though Office Space was great

This. Their hit shows release, everyone binges them, then there’s no reason to subscribe for another two years.

They got a little smarter with stranger things releasing the finale exactly one month later, making everyone have to pay for at least two months. But even still, they need to hope something else hits between Squid Game 2 and stranger things 5. Lotta time for people to not care in there.

I think one of their biggest mistakes was never committing to their second tier shows. They had a lot of good shit with some loyal followings that weren’t quite “hit” level. So many shows with so much potential like Mindhunter, where they just let the creators walk, and Santa Clarita Diet where, well who really knows what happened there, they just axed it after the season 2 cliffhanger. Who even wants to try their new original content when you know they’ll just leave you hangin with it if it’s not a huge cultural success.
Mindhunter has been the biggest knock on Netflix to date for me, though I’m not fully sure that all blame can be on Netflix. Fincher just seemed to want to do other things. I’m not sure how the solve that.

But, admittedly, I end up holding it against them.

Back