NL Central Talk

Back to back brutal losses for the Cubs. They even had the umpire in their pocket tonight and their pen still blew it

Well, the Cubs suck again, and they hate me. They are personally trying to hurt me.

Well, the Cubs suck again, and they hate me. They are personally trying to hurt me.
It was just karma. Next time the runners need to stay put when the home plate umpire calls a clear foul ball a passed ball

LOL @ the Cubs.

Getting swept by a team just going through the motions until the playoffs start

No need. They overachieved. Should get a medal.

Overachieved, yet underachieved simultaneously. Their actual record is 7 games worse than their pythag W-L (89-71). The only teams with worse differentials are the Royals (-8) and Padres (-10). Their one run game record isn't too awful for such a record though, 21-24. For reference, the Padres are 8-23.

It happens quick. All season built up to a 2-game sweep. I feel your pain. I wanted both the Crew and Jays to win.
Well, we can close this NL Central thread until next season...

...and then leave it open through more false hope leading up to next year's division winner getting swept out of the playoffs in the first round...

Thanks for breaking my heart again.

COTDAMNIT
It's probable that Tuesday was the last time we will see Corbin Burnes pitch in a Milwaukee Brewers uniform. That given and given the Braves and Dodgers both have some issues with their pitching staffs right now, this year was probably the best real chance they had to make a run in the Counsell era... And they got bent over by a team with more mojo at the moment.

:noidea::pout: