Movie Oppenheimer (2023)

Got our iMax tix for Sunday evening, taking the whole family.

I expect to have a blast.

Got our iMax tix for Sunday evening, taking the whole family.

I expect to have a blast.

Heh, I wouldn't consider this a "family" movie.

Could be a bit uncomfortable during the sex scenes.

I watched that whole thing.

2 hours of my life I will never get back…

tenor.gif

2 things:

1. It's a 3 hour movie.

2. You uncultured swine.
Maybe that video was edited? I was wondering why everyone was saying it was such a great movie. I never was a fan of musicals, though, so I just figured it was my bias going in that made me think it wasn’t such a great movie.

Maybe that video was edited? I was wondering why everyone was saying it was such a great movie. I never was a fan of musicals, though, so I just figured it was my bias going in that made me think it wasn’t such a great movie.
in fairness, that video wasn't in the true IMAX 70mm, in which it was intended to be viewed.

in fairness, that video wasn't in the true IMAX 70mm, in which it was intended to be viewed.
Good point. And I watched it on my iPad.

Maybe I will watch it again on by big screen TV and see if I get more from it.

Gotta say, the soundtrack is kinda catchy, if a bit repetitive.

Good point. And I watched it on my iPad.

Maybe I will watch it again on by big screen TV and see if I get more from it.

Gotta say, the soundtrack is kinda catchy, if a bit repetitive.
i don't go to the movies enough to understand imax. i saw a youtube video that was like we watched oppenheimer in True 70mm Imax. and I was like shit, my theater had a 70mm option for IMAX I ignored, guess I fucked up, but then see it's not the same thing as only like 30 theaters in the world can do it (and then saw some cancelled their viewings because there were sound issues). fucking crazy to hear that reel weighs like 600 lbs and is however many miles long. big screen, big sound, florence pugh fucking, worked for me.

Movie lives up to the hype and more. It's a 3 hour movie that is mostly just talking yet it doesn't drag one bit. Nolan is masterful keeping you engaged the entire time.