Movie Oppenheimer (2023)

Suckenheimer. I didn't think it was good. More about his political opinions and the government going after him for them, the red scare, and his conscience and concerns over creating a bomb. Alot of talk, less cool physics and building stuff. The nerd in me expected a redo of Fat Man and Little Boy. I got a yawning drama.

Maybe from a historic viewpoint it was accurately portraying his beliefs and moral dilemma but I thought the whole thing came off very preachy and tried to evoke sympathy toward commies and the idea of using the bomb. Some typical Hollywood lefty puss drama.

IMAX - super lame, wtf? I don't get the attraction why is this even a thing?

There were maybe 2 full minutes of boobs, but they were really nice ones. The boobs. And also the minutes I guess.

Last edited:
If anything the movie downplayed Truman’s disdain for Oppenheimer. Go read some of the actual quotes.

Finally saw it. Pretty good movie. Probably the closest type of movie to Memento he has made just given on the rapid pace constantly changing and jumping between different timelines in a chopped sort of presentation of the story. The actual nuclear explosion was a bit underwhelming tbh. The leadup to when it was about to go off was great and you sit there realize this was the moment you have been waiting years for since this movie was first announced was to see Nolan's presentation of an atomic bomb going off (well besides the one from The Dark Knight Rises). It was still good, I just expected it to be a lot louder than it was. Some of the fever dream sort of scenes for Oppenheimer shortly after the bomb went down was great though.

I felt the last hour really went to show what they are doing to Trump right now. And also the line from one of the physicists or scientists saying that Oppenhiemer shouldn't be punished for expressing concerns just made me think about all the doctors who were silenced for expressing concerns on the covid vaccine.

Not sure where I would place it among his other movies. I would keep Interstellar, Memento, The Dark Knight, Inception and Insomnia over it. Probably the two other Batman movies too but I don't know right now. Better than the rest though for sure (Following, The Prestige, Tenet and Dunkirk).

Not what I was expecting but very good. As the title suggest, the movie goes deeply into the life of Oppenheimer and it does a great job of putting you in the shoes of Oppenheimer. Not sure if it's for everyone, the movie jumps in timeline quiet a bit and can be hard to follow if you don't know much about Oppenheimer before hand. Other than that, the movie was great and pulled off very well

Oppenheimer fucks.
giphy.gif

The movie was very good. 8 / 10. I doubt kids will like it because there is a lot of drama and very little about WWII or the bomb itself. But damn well done.

I really enjoyed the fast paced Christopher Nolan style of editing in the movie. It kept my attention.

on top of that, it was just a very good movie.

Just watched it this past weekend. Thought it was pretty good. I wouldn't say it was disappointing, but the bomb testing scene seemed to fall short. But overall good movie and learned a good bit. Going to read the book on him shortly.

Just watched it this past weekend. Thought it was pretty good. I wouldn't say it was disappointing, but the bomb testing scene seemed to fall short. But overall good movie and learned a good bit. Going to read the book on him shortly.
what about that scene fell short for you?

We have all sorts of real footage from back in the day when we were testing the bomb showing the damage to buildings at varying distances. Would have been cool to see some hollywood remakes of something like this and the response from Oppenhimers team about the destructive power.

Didn't feel like we really got the awe and power of the explosion or the damage that it caused. I don't give a shit about wanting more deaths. Just seemed to fall a little short, but overall still very good movie.

Didn't feel like we really got the awe and power of the explosion or the damage that it caused. I don't give a shit about wanting more deaths. Just seemed to fall a little short, but overall still very good movie.
...you needed more to show you how destructive a nuclear bomb is?

seriously...are you fucking retarded?
not at all...I am not the one who needed more from the movie to demonstrate the power of the bomb.

seems like a weird thing to be hung up on.

not at all...I am not the one who needed more from the movie to demonstrate the power of the bomb.

seems like a weird thing to be hung up on.
What the hell am i hung up on? I said the bomb scene wasn't the greatest but the rest of the movie was really good.