Password management

It's past time for me to get something figured out and stick with it going forward.

I just got advice that the best password is three random words with a uppercase/number/symbol combo included.

Do I use a password or should I use a password manager?
I could manage your passwords for you free of charge.

Multiple people at the airport treated me like a fucking magician when I unlocked my phone with my mask on in front of them... so then I had to show them what to change in settings. Talked to more people than I wanted on the plane.
:suspicious:

Feels like a crossover episode

You like the finger print more than Face ID? I love Face ID. Hated it for a while during mask time, but the apple watch fix corrected that.
Yep. When I hear a notification and it's laying on my desk, I want to just skootch my hand over and open it that way. Not have to pick it up and look at it.

Plus, I like being able to put multiple fingerprints in.

That's odd. Maybe because you aren't making eye contact with the phone (creepy sounding just to type that). Mine works great with mask or without, with sunglasses or glasses or without, even when I'm not in my makeup.

I like screwing with my wife when she tries to hold my phone up to my face to unlock it... I close my eyes and then she gets pissed because she has to type my passcode in.

Yep. When I hear a notification and it's laying on my desk, I want to just skootch my hand over and open it that way. Not have to pick it up and look at it.

Plus, I like being able to put multiple fingerprints in.
oh yeah, I get that. I hate in the mornings having to sit up to see the notifications. On my office desk I have an upright/lean charger for it, so just glancing over opens the notifications. That's a positive of the Face ID. maybe apple will figure out how to put the fingerprint reader under the glass and give both on the same device.

I like screwing with my wife when she tries to hold my phone up to my face to unlock it... I close my eyes and then she gets pissed because she has to type my passcode in.
Same. And then I always think "could I get away with this if I were arrested and the police told me to unlock my phone? How long can I keep my eyes closed?" and at that point my day is no longer productive.

That's odd. Maybe because you aren't making eye contact with the phone (creepy sounding just to type that). Mine works great with mask or without, with sunglasses or glasses or without, even when I'm not in my makeup.
That makes sense. If I'm talking to someone, I like to make eye contact. Looking at my phone in the middle of it is rude and distracting.

Same. And then I always think "could I get away with this if I were arrested and the police told me to unlock my phone? How long can I keep my eyes closed?" and at that point my day is no longer productive.

I put the incorrect passcode limit to 10 to blank my phone, so if my wife was really evil she could just try 10 wrong passcodes and make me waste hours restoring my phone from backup.

Uhh. @Hank Kingsley would like to have a word with you.

You gotta quit betting against me unless you are being specific because you will go broke.

I love regular tacos. But we don't eat them in the u-shaped clam shell taco.

We used the little silver dollar sized ones for salsa. Stack everything else on top and eat with a knife and fork. Not a fan of finger food.

Not a fan at all of sea food tacos though

You gotta quit betting against me unless you are being specific because you will go broke.

We used the little silver dollar sized ones for salsa. Stack everything else on top and eat with a knife and fork. Not a fan of finger food.

Tacos with a fork?

Tacos with a fork?

Fucking rights.

Same way I eat spaghetti.

You did read where I said we don't use the big stupid shells right?

Little Tostitos corn chip circles instead. You can really heap up a platefull.

Ummm…the Mexicans and the US have conferred and we’re kicking you Canadians out of North America. Shit like that are just inexcusable.

I can live with that.

You did read where I said we don't use the big stupid shells right?

Little Tostitos corn chip circles instead. You can really heap up a platefull.

That is a tostada you are eating.

I have a password right now that looks like random characters but means something to me. Basically unhackable but I've been using it everywhere for a dozen years.

Norton found a password I used for a long time on the dark web that I thought was unhackable and sent it to me. I was stunned.

Just because you think it can't be hacked doesn't mean one or more of the sites you use it on hasn't been compromised.

Now I use a password manager and a master password.

I use upper and lower case alphabet, numbers and sometimes symbols and my passwords are now 15 characters long.