Playing Music in the Car with Your Significant Other

You poor bastard.

:rip:

I like that.

Sometimes my wife likes to do that, too. But otherwise she's just yammering about shit I don't care about.

Our van radio doesn't have volumn knobs, so I have to click the sound up on the steering wheel. Pretending like she doesn't notice.
I'd rather talk than fight over the station. Nobody else in the family likes my music. Love driving by myself, though

I like that.

Sometimes my wife likes to do that, too. But otherwise she's just yammering about shit I don't care about.

Our van radio doesn't have volumn knobs, so I have to click the sound up on the steering wheel. Pretending like she doesn't notice.
A van?????? I knew I saw you on the street.....

1691710177904.jpeg

I'd rather talk than fight over the station. Nobody else in the family likes my music. Love driving by myself, though

Driving by yourself with your best tunes is great.

Back when I was poor as fuck, I'd have to drive though 300 miles of middle Wisconsin radio. Fucking kill me.

My wife likes to talk while we drive. We hardly ever listen to music

My gf's chatty too.

That reminds me of another "turnoff".

People driving while having a conversation with the passenger and they spend more time looking at the passenger than they do watching the road so they're constantly tapping their breaks.

If you're driving, your're driving. You don't have to look at your passenger to hear them.

Driving by yourself with your best tunes is great.

Back when I was poor as fuck, I'd have to drive though 300 miles of middle Wisconsin radio. Fucking kill me.
Back when I was poor as fuck, I still had a cassette adapter i bought with my paper route money so I could plug my Discman into the tape deck so I wouldn't have to listen to the f'n radio! #priorities

Back when I was poor as fuck, I still had a cassette adapter i bought with my paper route money so I could plug my Discman into the tape deck so I wouldn't have to listen to the f'n radio! #priorities

Oh, dude.

Same.

I drive where ever we go........

I took a two week vacation where I drove fron northern Il to Jax Fla with many stops of site seeing......

Wife offers,but I trust no one........

Its mostly country or no radio......

I took a two week vacation where I drove fron northern Il to Jax Fla with many stops of site seeing......

May I suggest you listen to low-key Tool on these trips.

I left the question mark off on purpose.

If I had to choose between country or no radio, I'd most likely choose to drive into oncoming traffic.

May I suggest you listen to low-key Tool on these trips.

I left the question mark off on purpose.

I love me some Tool....but Im one of those guys when Im out with the wife,I listen to anyyhing...... when out and about by myself,I usually have the radio off unless Im in my car,then its hard rock.....very loud hard rock.

Lol...I never wanted to force my kids to listen to my music. My parents made us listen to country all the time, and I still hate it today.
Your kids don’t have headphones? My kids couldn’t hear my music if they wanted to (and they don’t). Our standard road-trip is me driving, the wife asleep in the passenger seat and the kids in the back staring at their phones wearing headphones.

Your kids don’t have headphones? My kids couldn’t hear my music if they wanted to (and they don’t). Our standard road-trip is me driving, the wife asleep in the passenger seat and the kids in the back staring at their phones wearing headphones.

They don't know how good they got it. We didn't have anything with headphones as a kid, but luckily my dad always played a pop station when we were driving on vacation.
Our entertainment was playing 'hangman', cards, trying to get all 50 states license plates, etc.

They did once they got older. When they were smaller we kept them off screens as long as we could

Well, all I can say is my dad kept us settled down with Black Sabbath and Pink Floyd.

High volume

attachment-Circuit-Dating-and-Driving-Deal-Breakers.jpg

What I find most interesting about this survey result is that last one - music in the car. (I'm a little surprised metal is less of a "problem" than country and rap.)

So let's have a little discussion about music in the car...

Do you have issues with what music is played when in the car when with your significant other?
Do you have personal rules or agreed-upon rules for it?
Does your music choices change if you're driving solo versus together?
Are there musical acts or genres that you love and your significant other hates that causes friction? If there is friction, how far has it gotten?

Personally, I'm pretty lucky in this regard. My wife and I listen to pretty much the same music, so there are very few issues.

One rule we have always had is the driver has control of the music, but the passenger is free to make requests - which rarely happens.

Really the only issue we have is... Wu-Tang Clan I love and she hates. Madonna and The B-52s she loves and I hate. We both listen to those only when riding solo for the most part. If there happens to be a music shuffle active and one of those acts come on, the driver has control of skipping it or letting it ride. Typically, it will be skipped out of respect for the passenger; but every once in a while the driver is really digging it and lets it ride and the passenger has no issue with it out of respect for the driver.
The B52's are awesome. I dance super good to Rock Lobster