Playing Music in the Car with Your Significant Other

Well, all I can say is my dad kept us settled down with Black Sabbath and Pink Floyd.

High volume
My dad didn’t really listen to music in the car. The house was a different story. He would be in one end of the house cranking opera and I would be in the other end cranking Iron Maiden. My poor mother would be in the middle going crazy.

My wife likes to talk while we drive. We hardly ever listen to music
I’m like your wife.

When it’s both of us, usually nothing or a game on AM low that we talk over.

She often takes my vehicle when she has to go in to the office. And always leaves the radio on blast. Eventually I’ll learn to turn down the knob before I turn the key.

She often takes my vehicle when she has to go in to the office. And always leaves the radio on blast. Eventually I’ll learn to turn down the knob before I turn the key
Haha, same, when she uses the car by herself she plays public radio at Old Lady levels and doesn't turn it down when she shuts off the ignition

When we were kids and going somewhere with mom, we'd all load up in the car while mom was still inside. We'd turn on the windshield wipers, crank the radio full blast, AC/Heat blower on full blast, so when she started the car shit was crazy for a couple minutes while she was trying to shut everything off.
We never pulled that crap on dad. LOL

Phones and streaming services was the end of radio play when the wife and I travel together. We usually shuffle our own playlists.

They don't know how good they got it. We didn't have anything with headphones as a kid, but luckily my dad always played a pop station when we were driving on vacation.
Our entertainment was playing 'hangman', cards, trying to get all 50 states license plates, etc.
Slug bug, and singing "There's a hole in the bottom of the sea"

Yeah, driving around town in a minivan is very manly.

If you had a girl, I bet you're the type who wouldn't even buy her tampons.
I have never had to buy my daughter tampons. She never asked me to.

I have never had to buy my daughter tampons. She never asked me to.
I have only once and the conversation went like this:

(on the phone with the wife)

me: I'm on my way to the store. Do you need anything while I'm there?
wife: No, but your daughter is almost out of tampons. (jokingly)
me: Okay, text me a picture of exactly what I should grab.
wife: Really? I can go get 'em later; I was just joking.
me: I'm already gonna be there and can save you a trip.
wife: Okay, then. Thank you.

Whenever a girlfriend would ask me to do it, I always made sure to buy some condoms at the same time, because she owed me now.

Once had a cashier tell me how hot she thought it was that I was getting tampons and condoms at the same time. Did not score.

My oldest daughter was a figure skater and competed on a synchronized skating team. We often had to travel for competitions. One year when she was 12 or 13, she got her first period right before we had to go to a competition in Michigan. My wife was pregnant with our youngest daughter at the time, so I had to take the oldest to the competition. I was also chaperoning one of her friends whose dad was a single parent and couldn’t make the trip (this becomes important later). The friend was a year older than my daughter.

A couple of days into the trip, my daughter comes to me and tells me she needs “supplies” , which is a very ambiguous term (more on that later as well). I looked in the bathroom of the hotel, see a box of Tampax pearls and head down to the little store to see what they have. Lo and behold, they have Tampax pearls. So I buy them and head back up to room feeling like the dad of the year.

I hand over the tampons and she looks at me like I handed her a snake. She said “I don’t know how to use those!” I said they’re the same ones that are in the bathroom. Apparently those belonged to the friend. “Can’t your friend show you how to use them?” Daggers.

So, on that trip I not only bought tampons for the first time, I also returned them. To this day I blame my wife for not sending enough “supplies” for the trip.

Oh the nostalgia I am feeling. There is some positive value to menopause.
You're so old, you probably have tales of washing bloody rags by hand outside using a manual pump well.