Regional dishes you love, that others would think is gross, or food from your area thats the tits

we also have "teds famous steamed burgers"

yes, theyre steamed...and the cheese comes out like a fluffy pillow

1603741975263.jpeg

file.jpg

lemme guess, all greek, with cheap cheese, run by middle eastern folks?

Not around here. I guess all the pizza joints in town only cater to the college kids. They don't know what good pizza is.

View attachment 8229

file.jpg

Sorry, would not eat.

I've messed around with sous vide cooking which gets close to what I think a steamed burger would taste like, and I need some snap the the patty.

View attachment 8229

file.jpg

Wait a minute. Isn't that the dude that's currently pimpng duh burger king whopper? I don't trust him. Anyone that thinks that burger is good has damaged taste buds.

Wait a minute. Isn't that the dude that's currently pimpng duh burger king whopper? I don't trust him. Anyone that thinks that burger is good has damaged taste buds.
yeah, hes a local. got famous eating shit on youtube, hes from springfield i think? this is from 2013 tho.

I dunno ... Louisville has the Hot Brown, which I can't imagine anyone thinking is gross.
Burgoo, on the other hand, just 'cause there's never any telling what's in it, would probably qualify.

For the Bay Area, I'd guess some who don't like fish and seafood would think Ciopinno is gross, and something for which SF is famous, but I've never liked (which has caused some real consternation among my friends out here ... sourdough bread.

Sorry, would not eat.

I've messed around with sous vide cooking which gets close to what I think a steamed burger would taste like, and I need some snap the the patty.
with sous vide aren't you supposed to get the inside temp just below the target and then put it on a hot griddle/pan/grill to char the outside?

Yeah looks like him, but just before the did burger king he was doing the Popeye chicken sandwhich. "look at you looking all fine" annoyed the piss out of me.

Sorry, would not eat.

Sous vide is supposed to cook your meat then you sear it afterwards to get that crisp on the outside

I dunno ... Louisville has the Hot Brown, which I can't imagine anyone thinking is gross.
Burgoo, on the other hand, just 'cause there's never any telling what's in it, would probably qualify.

For the Bay Area, I'd guess some who don't like fish and seafood would think Ciopinno is gross, and something for which SF is famous, but I've never liked (which has caused some real consternation among my friends out here ... sourdough bread.
cioppino is the shit

with sous vide aren't you supposed to get the inside temp just below the target and then put it on a hot griddle/pan/grill to char the outside?
You can, don't have to. When I do steaks I actually have a torch that I'll use to make them look less like "gray meat".

I mean here we have BBQ, Texmex, pecan pie, blue bell ice cream, Dr pepper, and chicken fried steak.

Hard to hate any of that, except Dr pepper. I bet some hate that the way some like the swill that is Pepsi.

The only time I hate Dr. Pepper is when I take a sip of it, but I think I'm taking a sip of Coke (not Pepsi ... never Pepsi).

One thing I miss from back home is New Era's chicken paprikash. Not sure if it's under the same ownership now though.

Sous vide is supposed to cook your meat then you sear it afterwards to get that crisp on the outside
yeah and if the burger place does that then I'm good. But I'm imagining a gray lump of meat.

yeah and if the burger place does that then I'm good. But I'm imagining a gray lump of meat.
There was a time i got into the whole sous vide scene, but much like the instapot (pressure cooking) it was just meh and i preferred my traditional methods ( except in the winter but even then ill pan sear over sous vide)

yeah, hes a local. got famous eating shit on youtube, hes from springfield i think? this is form 2013 tho.

Springfield OH or MA? On a completely unrelated topic for a second John Legend's from Springfield, OH.