Regional dishes you love, that others would think is gross, or food from your area thats the tits

oh I forgot about stuffed ham

1603742490771.png

Springfield OH or MA? On a completely unrelated topic for a second John Legend's from Springfield, OH.
mass, the only one that matters. :ooh:

depends, what is it stuffed with?? right now it looks like a non starter for me, but looks can be deceiving
  • 3 pounds green cabbage
  • 1 pound curly kale, or a mixture of other greens like mustard greens or watercress
  • 2 medium yellow onions (about 1 pound)
  • 1 bunch scallions (about 7)
  • 1 ½ tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
  • 1 ½ tablespoons red-pepper flakes
  • 1 tablespoon mustard seed
  • 1 tablespoon celery seed
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne
  • 1 tablespoon salt

a lot of people would, but there is always a percetnage that try it after hearing about it on one of these boards and visit for a game and they go "nah" or "never again" obviously i love it so i cannot understand but i think it has to do with the cabbage?
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the stench/flavor/texture of cooked cabbage so unless there's magic in them things I'm out. Otherwise it looks pretty tasty.

• 3 pounds green cabbage
  • 1 pound curly kale, or a mixture of other greens like mustard greens or watercress
  • 2 medium yellow onions (about 1 pound)
  • 1 bunch scallions (about 7)
  • 1 ½ tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
  • 1 ½ tablespoons red-pepper flakes
  • 1 tablespoon mustard seed
  • 1 tablespoon celery seed
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne
  • 1 tablespoon salt
I'd try it, doesnt sound too terrible, if it were me id leave out some of the rabbit food filler and substitute something else or just nix it (greens pffft)

hold the fucking phone...who doesn't like lobster rolls?
Tom Hanks Hello GIF

I don't eat bugs, I don't fucking care if they can swim or hold their breath indefinitely. Well, maybe a few shrimp every now and then.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the stench/flavor/texture of cooked cabbage so unless there's magic in them things I'm out. Otherwise it looks pretty tasty.
It is magic for me. My wife was the same way when we first got together she couldnt stand the smell(or thought of cooked cabbage), now she loves the smell because of how they taste all together.

Around here, we eat a lot of pussy, but I'm pretty sure you cocksuckers would think that it's gross.

do you guys eat raw oysters? I love them.

It is magic for me. My wife was the same way when we first got together she couldnt stand the smell(or thought of cooked cabbage), now she loves the smell because of how they taste all together.
I'd try one, but I'm not too confident that the smell wouldn't drive me away.

I'd try one, but I'm not too confident that the smell wouldn't drive me away.
That is like me and seafood, every now and then i try some again, and still hate it then hate that my house smells like fish (the wife likes fish, crab, lobster, shrim etc)

Do you like them, or all the shit you put on them?
I don't load them up with that much really.

but I agree, some people mask them with too much horseradish or hot sauce

do you guys eat raw oysters? I love them.
reminds me of the friends episode with the elder baldwin who is overly excited to try everything and the raw oyster ends up on teh floor and one of the guys slips in what he calls a "giant booger"

Salmon and teriyaki.

Edit: not gross, just things the northwest does well.

Last edited:
I don't load them up with that much really.

but I agree, some people mask them with too much horseradish or hot sauce
I eat them.

There's a place around here that dresses them like this:

soy sauce, sriracha, pickled ginger, tobiko, and green onion

Kind of a sushi style. Those are pretty good.