Poll Remove 3 point line?

Get rid of 3 pt line?

• Yes, remove it

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 25,000.00
With the way the game has evolved, would it be a better game if Basketball got rid of the three point line?

There’s too many threes being thrown up and made. It’s boring basketball. many facets of the game have been diminished or lost. The nba is not in its infancy and therefore doesn’t need to liven up the game with this contrivance any longer.
Take away the three point line. We’ll be left with a much more interesting game.

As far as I can tell anytime I watch the NBA it's just all isos, dunks, and 40 foot threes with nobody playing defense. It's boring as fuck.

Remove the three and let those fuckers start beating the shit out of each other in the paint again. I'd watch that.

There’s too many threes being thrown up and made. It’s boring basketball. many facets of the game have been diminished or lost. The nba is not in its infancy and therefore doesn’t need to liven up the game with this contrivance any longer.
Take away the three point line. We’ll be left with a much more interesting game.
How does that make the game much more interesting? Do you ever use your brain before you post such stupid-ass bullshit?

How does that make the game much more interesting? Do you ever use your brain before you post such stupid-ass bullshit?
Because it brings back more mid range shots, the passing around to get to those shots, more play with your back to the basket, more interior passing, more moving without the ball… which means more team defense. You know, the OBVIOUS stuff meant by that.

There is one of us brainless here. I’ll help you out: it’s you.

Make a dunk worth 1.

Remove the three and let those fuckers start beating the shit out of each other in the paint again. I'd watch that.

Yeah but then you get those giants just parking under the basket. Make them come out from under there and have them play defense.

Three point shots spread out the defenses, which have to cover the outer perimeter. I've observed that this opens up a lot of drives to the basket.

The 3 point shot was great adaptation from the old ABA.
And now the game has evolved to swing way on the side of chucking and the occasional way-too-open layup

Last edited:
Let's bring in strong guys from Greece and let them take 5 steps and run over everyone on their way to the basket. That would change things up.

And now the game has evolved to swing way on the side of chucking and the occasional way-too-open layup
Fewest Free Throw attempts have been the last five years or so also. Which is nice.

Assists are up, shooting percentage is up, turnovers are down and skill is at an all time high. Being huge and unskilled no longer gets you a roster spot.

Game is most likely at an all time high in skill across the league.

Because it brings back more mid range shots, the passing around to get to those shots, more play with your back to the basket, more interior passing, more moving without the ball… which means more team defense. You know, the OBVIOUS stuff meant by that.

There is one of us brainless here. I’ll help you out: it’s you.
Have you not watched the majority of good teams in the nba over the last decade? Hell, the Warriors have turned ball movement into an art form. It's hilarious how you're consistently one of the most clueless posters on this website