Poll Remove 3 point line?

Get rid of 3 pt line?

• Yes, remove it

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I wonder what these kids who are "huuuuuge Warriors fans" and started watching basketball in 2017 would think if they actually watched a Bobby Knight Indiana basketball game from 1984, pre-3 pt line in college? Pure, fundamental team basketball?

I can't believe you guys even watch this shit they call basketball.
Or even Alcindor era college game where dunking was outlawed.

You know how you change it? Need a true dominant big man like a Shaq. If I were a coach in the NBA I would be looking for a true old-school big man and revolve my team around him. These days most Center's are tall lanky shooters, or simply don't play a physical down low game. You get a big dude down on the block he can push these Centers around all day long.

Past half court shots count 6 points.
time to bring in some of the old Rock N Jock basketball innovations.

They don't need to remove the 3 point line, they need to change it to eliminate the corner 3 which is the shortest and easiest 3 to hit.

The 3 is a great weapon and can help a team overcome some big early deficits and lead to some pretty wild swings in momentum, which is a good thing. It also spreads the floor which creates more space and movement, which is how basketball was intended to be played.

Having said that, if one team is really hot from 3 and the other is having a bad shooting night, it can lead to some pretty big blowouts, which can get boring.

I think that eliminating the corner 3 would help curb some of that.

With the way the game has evolved, would it be a better game if Basketball got rid of the three point line?

You're not an NBA fan are you?

Getting rid of the 3 is a bad idea. Here are some other bad ideas for the league.

-there's too much dunking, raise the rim to 15 feet

-how about a 4-point & 5-point shot?

-to get the season over with quicker how about day/night doubleheaders?

-make the coaches wear full uniforms on the bench

You're not an NBA fan are you?

Getting rid of the 3 is a bad idea. Here are some other bad ideas for the league.

-there's too much dunking, raise the rim to 15 feet

-how about a 4-point & 5-point shot?

-to get the season over with quicker how about day/night doubleheaders?

-make the coaches wear full uniforms on the bench
Your non-sequitur responses are funny. Not ha ha funny. Dumb funny.

I am a fan of good basketball. We see less and less of it nowadays because the game has evolved to “chucking threes and the occasional wide open layup”

Someone else stated “the three point line opened up the game.” Yeah. 40 years ago. The game evolved because of it. And now with the pro-offense changes that have been made (no hand checking and changes to reffing especially), and with the prolific numbers of players that can drain threes nowadays, the game has evolved to a place where it’s worse off.
Take away the three, and it’ll get better.

SIDE NOTE. Y’all are just being, once again, status quo warriors. If I’d suggest to put a farther 4-point line, y’all would say that’s silly.
But it’s the same concept as the three point line. The three just happens to the the status quo. So y’all fall in line and fall on your swords for it.

I am a fan of good basketball. We see less and less of it nowadays because the game has evolved to “chucking threes and the occasional wide open layup”

Someone else stated “the three point line opened up the game.” Yeah. 40 years ago. The game evolved because of it. And now with the pro-offense changes that have been made (no hand checking and changes to reffing especially), and with the prolific numbers of players that can drain threes nowadays, the game has evolved to a place where it’s worse off.

SIDE NOTE. Y’all are just being, once again, status quo warriors. If I’d suggest to put a farther 4-point line, y’all would say that’s silly.
But it’s the same concept as the three point line. The three just happens to the the status quo. So y’all fall in line and fall on your swords for it.

Dammit I should have added this- sarcasm2.gif.

Getting rid of the three won't help the game. And there's no reason to get rid of it anyway.

You're just not a fan of the game. So you've foolishly tried to criticize it.

Do you like watching cars drive in circles for 3+ hours? If you do then that explains your issues with the NBA.

Well GnG agreed with you, soooo..........
You lose! (you cant be right)

Zero reason to get rid of the 3 pt. line.
Are you a Lebron fan? I know he hates it because when they shoot from out there he cant fall down & try to get fake fouls!
The Sniveling bitch.

Remove the 3? NO. Maybe move it back a few feet and keep its natural curve taking away the corner 3. Then I'd add a 4 point line about another 5 or 6 feet behind the three.

Put the net on the ground and make it bigger, change the ball to a small hard rubber disk, play the game on ice, make the players wear fitted knives on their feet and use a stick to shoot the disk.

That would make the game much more interesting!

Speaking of the old ABA, I wish I could have seen some of the early Dr. J games.

My Dad took me to a Carolina Cougars vs. Nets game to see him play. I was just a kid and he had a headband to keep that massive Fro out of his face. He just was so smooth gliding to the hoop. One of my favorite NBA players ever.

Yes it was a made for tv gimmick like advancing the ball after a time out

Get rid of this space ball bullshit

You can’t take something out of the game that has been there since the beginning. That’s like saying let’s take the on deck circle in baseball 🤔

You can’t take something out of the game that has been there since the beginning. That’s like saying let’s take the on deck circle in baseball 🤔
From the beginning? I remember when the 3 point line didn't exist.

1979 first 3 pointer in NBA history.

From the beginning? I remember when the 3 point line didn't exist.
You can't take the dh out of baseball, it's been there forever since the beginning!!!!