Rule Change: Mittens?

So it’s ok for the center to hold, but not the others?

sounds like this wasn’t thought out too well.

symptoms of CTE.
  • Difficulty thinking (cognitive impairment)
  • Impulsive behavior.
  • Depression or apathy.
  • Short-term memory loss.
  • Difficulty planning and carrying out tasks (executive function)
  • Emotional instability.
  • Substance misuse.
  • Suicidal thoughts or behavior.
I wanted to give this the fun rating but didn’t want to be insensitive to people with CTE

skating maia shibutani GIF by NBC Olympics

What about all the holds called on defensive backs? Like in the Super Bowl this year? Definitely mittens for them as well
Those are out in the open and much less a problem. They are nowhere near as prolific and prone to be phantom called or ignored. Plus, the DBs need their grips more.

So it’s ok for the center to hold, but not the others?

sounds like this wasn’t thought out too well.

symptoms of CTE.
  • Difficulty thinking (cognitive impairment)
  • Impulsive behavior.
  • Depression or apathy.
  • Short-term memory loss.
  • Difficulty planning and carrying out tasks (executive function)
  • Emotional instability.
  • Substance misuse.
  • Suicidal thoughts or behavior.
The cEnter is ONE position, not five. So, yes, it’d at least be better. Or, as previously stated: these mittens can allow for some fingertip use.
Again, you might like ref caprice to decide games. I don’t.
Your ‘minor exceptions disqualify the debate’ argument is on its face weak. As usual. You can’t think.

Im sure when they first passed the rule to make players tuck in their jerseys (or establishing the neutral zone, or not letting the nose guard line up directly on the center, etc etc), you status quo warriors were making the same idiotic, lame, irrelevant, non-salient counter-arguments based solely on your indefatigable love of the status quo.

The cEnter is ONE position, not five. So, yes, it’d at least be better. Or, as previously stated: these mittens can allow for some fingertip use.
Again, you might like ref caprice to decide games. I don’t.
Your ‘minor exceptions disqualify the debate’ argument is on its face weak. As usual. You can’t think.

the dude your opinion GIF

Im sure when they first passed the rule to make players tuck in their jerseys (or establishing the neutral zone, or not letting the nose guard line up directly on the center, etc etc), you status quo warriors were making the same idiotic, lame, irrelevant, non-salient counter-arguments based solely on your indefatigable love of the status quo.
You propose some half ass idea that was clearly not well thought out and yet you are calling others idiots?

I’d say I’m shocked but then I’d be lying.

You propose some half ass idea that was clearly not well thought out and yet you are calling others idiots?

I’d say I’m shocked but then I’d be lying.
Still no salient argument, I see

Still no salient argument, I see
You gave a half ass response full of maybe’s when your idea was presented a likely obstacle

Stop crying about salient arguments.

This idea has to be related to CTE, right???

as in OP was dropped on his head several dozen times in his youth.

When I was in the farrowing business, we would take the weak pigs out, hold them by the feet, then bash their heads on a concrete wall.

OP was a weak pig...

Using big words doesn't make up for the fact that this is a really dumb idea

Using big words doesn't make up for the fact that this is a really dumb idea
Have you given one reason as to why?
Your only contribution is “DBs hold too.” And that’s not on-point.
Worthless.
And if you’re complaining about ‘big words,’ Columbus should ask for its degree back.

Have you given one reason as to why?
Your only contribution is “DBs hold too.” And that’s not on-point.
Worthless.
And if you’re complaining about ‘big words,’ Columbus should ask for its degree back.

No one on this board is obligated to tell you why your dumb idea is dumb. If you can't figure out why making a football player in any position where freaking mittens is stupid then that's on you

Back