Rule Change: Mittens?

No one on this board is obligated to tell you why your dumb idea is dumb. If you can't figure out why making a football player in any position where freaking mittens is stupid then that's on you
Right. No one on a discussion board should discuss topics. Got it. It’s just your place to see if your boyfriends laugh at your antics. Ok.

Right. No one on a discussion board should discuss topics. Got it. It’s just your place to see if your boyfriends laugh at your antics. Ok.
Did your boyfriends laugh at this idea?

If you want to eliminate all the various types of holding calls, just eliminate the rules against holding.

If you want to eliminate all the various types of holding calls, just eliminate the rules against holding.

Alternatively, you could also amputate at the elbow.

I bet OP didn’t even consider this.

This is another venue, yes, worthy of exploration, maybe even in its own thread.

(oh, look, I didn’t just call you an idiot and make non-salient remarks. Imagine that.)

This is another venue, yes, worthy of exploration, maybe even in its own thread.

(oh, look, I didn’t just call you an idiot and make non-salient remarks. Imagine that.)

I have said basically the same thing in the politics threads, too. If you want to eliminate crime, eliminate the law.

Oline man are coached up to play just barely within the rules. Same goes for any other position.

Holding happens. Whether or not it gets called is the human element of the game.

I have said basically the same thing in the politics threads, too. If you want to eliminate crime, eliminate the law.

Oline man are coached up to play just barely within the rules. Same goes for any other position.

Holding happens. Whether or not it gets called is the human element of the game.
I’m still on team mittens.
I’ve seen where the Oline purposefully holds on those rare occasions when they’re trying to run out the clock and take a safety to secure a victory.
the Defense can do NOTHING TO GET THROUGH.

All blocks lead with the mittens?
No Way Smile GIF by Get Out Movie

Put mittens on offensive linemen. Will stop mostly all these holding, non-called holding, and phantom holding calls.
And when the ball hits the ground and the OLman goes for it then it will look like a greased pig contest.

I second this bill.

And when the ball hits the ground and the OLman goes for it then it will look like a greased pig contest.

I second this bill.
This is somewhat true. Even the Aggie can make a salient argument. Why can’t the rest of you.

Lots of missed and phantom holding calls this week in cfb and nfl. Time to revisit this idea.
Let’s hear some arguments either way, and not just from the status quo warriors and their insipid irrelevancies.

Lots of missed and phantom holding calls this week in cfb and nfl. Time to revisit this idea.
Let’s hear some arguments either way, and not just from the status quo warriors and their insipid irrelevancies.
Holding can be called without grasping. If a lineman hooks a defender with his arm, that is called holding.

Also, this rule would put the offense at a distinct disadvantage in a turnover scenario, as half the team members will not be able to grasp to make tackles.

Then you have scenarios where an "extra" lineman comes in. Does this guy have to have the mittens, or just the five guys who are "regular" linemen? Does the requirement change in an unbalanced formation? Can you line up without your mittens if you're a guard on the OL and an end on the FG unit?

Too many flaws to bother trying.

Then you have scenarios where an "extra" lineman comes in. Does this guy have to have the mittens, or just the five guys who are "regular" linemen?
the TE could come in without mittens,
by declaring as an eligible receiver,
but wouldn't be able to block -
otherwise, the TE would draw a penalty flag
for blocking without mittens -

Back