Scenario Village Game

It did for TAMU when they went over. Fact.

Also, we beat Bama in Tuscaloosa by double digits, and we’re discussing the scenario where they are SEC champs.
Nice arguments, dunces.
#secejukashun
Big 12 > SEC

Big 12! Big 12! Big 12!

It did for TAMU when they went over. Fact.

Also, we beat Bama in Tuscaloosa by double digits, and we’re discussing the scenario where they are SEC champs.
Nice arguments, dunces.
#secejukashun
You guys were good that day back in August. It’s November now, how you guys playing?

You guys were good that day back in August. It’s November now, how you guys playing?
Let’s be fair Bama was bad. They struggled with South Florida.

That Bama team and the one playing now are two different teams. This is probably Saban’s best coaching job to date.

So, we are saying that how you look later in the season matters, right? You can't get any later in the season than the conference championship game. Last season, TCU lost the BIG XII title game and still went to the CFP. I know, it was overtime, and blah, blech, whatever.
In one breath, we are talking about Oklahoma's two losses, and in the next breath, we are calling Bama beating Tennessee a top team? WTF, didn't Florida beat Tennessee? Oh wait, that was too long ago? Did you see what Missouri did to the Vols? That was pretty recent, but beating Tennessee is a top win? You want to talk about Alabama having a top win over Ole Miss? It was only one week before that Bama looked like crap against a now 5-5 USF team. We going to say that Texas barely beat Houston. The Alabama game barely over Arkansas was only one week apart from the Houston scare for Texas. Texas almost losing to Kansas State, okay, well Kansas State has just about blown out every team they played, and has a 7-3 record. Ole Miss has beaten a 9-1 Tulane team, and that Tulane team has beaten one team with a better that 0.500 record. What happened when Ole Miss played two great teams? Yeah, I know that Ole Miss beat LSU. That was back in September. We don't want to venture too far back, do we? As far as Florida State goes and the struggle with Boston College, did the CFP see what the Hokies did to BC? Just this past weekend. I mean VT put up 600 yards. Later in the season, shouldn't Boston College be playing better? As far as looking bad now compared to August. Injuries do happen and pile up for some teams, and November really shows that a lot of seasons.
If the CFP is going to go by what has recently happened, I don't want to hear how Florida State struggled with Boston College. What recently happened? Don't bring up Washington's win over Oregon because that happened before Washington looked like crap against Arizona State and Stanford, both 3-7, by the way. Oh yeah, Louisville losing to Pitt happened around this time too.
Now, I feel that head to head matters. The CFP has said that head to head matters. Might be for tiebreakers, might not be. It depends on the mood they are in. Looking at you Boo Corrigan. What will the CFP do? I know it depends on who wins and who loses, and maybe even how close those wins and losses are. I honestly feel that the CFP will have Oregon and Alabama jump ahead of Texas if they all three win out.

Your problem is Oregon and Bama play wayyyyy better opponents than Texas in the final week.
This is what I expect from people. They will focus on 1 game and forget the season. It would be a very bad precedent for the committee to award Oregon for playing a shit schedule. We shall see

This is what I expect from people. They will focus on 1 game and forget the season. It would be a very bad precedent for the committee to award Oregon for playing a shit schedule. We shall see
I don’t think Bama gets UGA so you will be fine there. If it comes down to Oregon or Texas the final game will matter a lot. If Oregon beats Washington convincingly and Texas squeaks by OU or whoever then there is not much you can do.

I don’t think Bama gets UGA so you will be fine there. If it comes down to Oregon or Texas the final game will matter a lot. If Oregon beats Washington convincingly and Texas squeaks by OU or whoever then there is not much you can do.
Oregon won’t even have a coach by then.. Not too worried, too much football left to play

Oregon won’t even have a coach by then.. Not too worried, too much football left to play
In what some may dismiss as typical coach speak, Lanning said there’s nowhere else he wants to be after signing his new deal with Oregon.

“It is not fair in college football, in my opinion, when a university makes a commitment to a coach but a coach doesn’t make a commitment to that university. I want to be here. Believe or not believe whatever you want. There’s no secret. This is what I want.
“I’ve said before the grass isn’t always greener. Like, I have everything I want here. There’s a vision for this to continue to grow. We’re able to get elite players, I think that’s no secret. As long as we can continue to recruit at a high level, develop, and continue to have world-class facilities, continue to push the bar in everything that we do, everything’s here that’s necessary for us to be successful.
“It’s something I want to sign up for, not something I shy away from.”
It will be interesting to see if Lanning is pursued by Texas A&M.

Plus 20mm buyout at Oregon.

All this talk of 2014 got me like...

jaZjHw.gif

Good times.

In what some may dismiss as typical coach speak, Lanning said there’s nowhere else he wants to be after signing his new deal with Oregon.

That is what Kelly, Taggart, and Cristobal said also

Yeah they didn't have 20mm buyouts or B1G money coming. Different scenario.
I do wonder if Florida gets involved. I didn’t think they would make a move, but a lot of jobs opening up all of a sudden. Do they worry about missing on their guy?

Texas keeps scraping by against bad teams.

They look demonstrably worse.

The H2H tiebreaker no longer applies.

Furthermore, Texas has no elite opponents left. Bama just waxed a top 10 team.

Didn't Oregon just scrape by against (5-5) Texas Tech?

Kansas St and BYU beat TT worse than Oregon did.

That is what Kelly, Taggart, and Cristobal said also

Yeah they didn't have 20mm buyouts or B1G money coming. Different scenario.

Oregon is only getting half share (appx $30 million) until 2029/2030 for joining the Big 10.

That only increases $1 million/year between now and then. Therefore, at some point in the next few years Oregon will be receiving less than half share for joining the Big 10.

In this scenario if the Ducks win out using todays rankings - the Ducks will have beaten the #5, #10 & # 16 - Texas can’t claim that