Scenario Village Game

I do wonder if Florida gets involved. I didn’t think they would make a move, but a lot of jobs opening up all of a sudden. Do they worry about missing on their guy?
Make a list of candidates and the pool is not large at all.

There is a reason LSU got Brian Kelly (which I am not a fan of) and Auburn got Hugh Freeze as there just isn't a whole lot of talent out there that isn't a risk.

9-1 vs better opponents overall than Oregon.
better opponents barely.

TT is a push since both play
Rice and hawaii are a push
Baylor push stanford
houston push WSU
Kansas and Kansas state push Utah and USC
TCU push colorado except colorado beat TCU

5-5 BYU better than 4-6 cal but i would take cal in a game between them.

Iowa st better than Arizona state
Alabama 1 loss better than Oregon State 2 loss
wyoming better than Portland state

Oregon 3 point loss to 10-0 wash better than Texas 4 point loss to 8-2 OK

This is what I expect from people. They will focus on 1 game and forget the season. It would be a very bad precedent for the committee to award Oregon for playing a shit schedule. We shall see

Oregon plays in the best conference.

Texas plays in the worst.

Didn't Oregon just scrape by against (5-5) Texas Tech?

Kansas St and BYU beat TT worse than Oregon did.
didnt TT beat Kansas, one of those ranked teams texas is trying to pump up

Oregon SOS
Sagarin: 54
CPI Rankings: 47
Colley: 61
Massey: 21

Texas SOS
Sagarin: 8
CPI Rankings: 13
Colley: 14
Massey: 4

Shoot, y'all are right. It does depend on who you ask.

Oregon SOS
Sagarin: 54
CPI Rankings: 47
Colley: 61
Massey: 21

Texas SOS
Sagarin: 8
CPI Rankings: 13
Colley: 14
Massey: 4

Shoot, y'all are right. It does depend on who you ask.
Yet committee sees Oregon as a better team. Numbers will level out once the Ducks play two top ten teams. In the next 2 of 3 games

Yet committee sees Oregon as a better team. Numbers will level out once the Ducks play two top ten teams.
Oh for sure. Those teams just can't lose before the Ducks play them. Kinda hurts the SOS like Kansas and Tennessee dropping off like flies. Can't wait to see how this all plays out.

Oh for sure. Those teams just can't lose before the Ducks play them. Kinda hurts the SOS like Kansas and Tennessee dropping off like flies. Can't wait to see how this all plays out.

As fate would have it, those two teams play each other this weekend.

Oddly Oregon has the 52nd SOS and Texas has the 8th (Bama the 2nd). That is actual information, instead of shit thrown at the wall you hope sticks

Not sure why your beef is with me. The committee says Oregon is better...and Oregon has a tougher remaining schedule.

As fate would have it, those two teams play each other this weekend.
Sure do. Only thing is if Oregon State loses and then loses to Oregon, will the Beavers look like a has been? They already lost to Washington State. The Beavers only "good" win would be against Utah.

Sure do. Only thing is if Oregon State loses and then loses to Oregon, will the Beavers look like a has been? They already lost to Washington State. The Beavers only "good" win would be against Utah.

Probably depends how those games go. Blowouts would hurt their credibility. Close games would keep them in high esteem with the committee.

Unsurprisingly, the committee still likes Oregon over Texas.

Y’all are idiots.
Beating different teams while looking better isn’t special circumstances at all. Those “better” wins don’t negate a team directly beating you, especially by double digits, especially especially in your own house.
Special circumstances would have to be something like caught cheating, or QB1 gets knocked out for the season in the CCG.

Texas beat Bama by double digits in Tuscaloosa.
Not only is that a moral imperative, it’s literally written into the guidelines of the CFP.
That’s it. QED.
Yikes FSU

Oregon barely beats Washington.
Texas crushes TTU and their CCG opponent, by three scores each.

Which gets the 4-spot in the CFP?

Of the teams mentioned, Oregon.

It would be close between Texas and Oregon … I would rather see Texas, but choosing fairly I would go for Oregon.