Scientists discover enzyme that can break down plastic in 24 hours

I find at least one of these empty Fireball shooters every time I mow. You know assholes are tossing these out their window in case they get pulled over.

This is just a googled stock photo. I don't drink that shit.

View attachment 97064
I see them daily when I walk my dog. I should bring a bag and one of those grabby tools and pick everything up.

It's not the plastics in a controlled environment (recycled, landfills) that are the problem. It's the plastics that are litter and end up in creeks, rivers, oceans, etc. that are the problem. They can't get these enzymes on that stuff.

I have about a half mile of frontage on my acreage that I mow every 10 days or so. I typically fill the front of my rider with plastic bottles, general trash, beer cans, etc. every time. It's not heavily trafficked but it is 55 mph, so I'm guessing it blows out of the back of pick-ups as they go by or some asshole wings it out their window when it's empty so that if they get pulled over the cop won't see them.

I despise the laziness of litter.

View attachment 97057
When walking the dog we pick up trash along our minority used pass through road that runs next to our development. Every day there are dip cans, fireball one-shots, and Bud Light tall boys out there. It's starting to slow down now that construction is slowing down up the street.

When walking the dog we pick up trash along our minority used pass through road that runs next to our development. Every day there are dip cans, fireball one-shots, and Bud Light tall boys out there. It's starting to slow down now that construction is slowing down up the street.
you guys still segregate your road usage?

gross.

I find at least one of these empty Fireball shooters every time I mow. You know assholes are tossing these out their window in case they get pulled over.

This is just a googled stock photo. I don't drink that shit.
lol, of all the things I didn't expect to get ninja'd on today!

Side note, have you seen that Sazerac has been sued over this? They have non-whisky fireball now, it's just malt beer so it can be sold in gas stations and grocery stores where liquor isn't allowed (like Texas). Subtle difference, see below:

1674494168904.jpeg

you guys still segregate your road usage?

gross.
yeah I fucked that up. It's not a major road, but not a back road either. "minorly" auto corrects to minority in safari. Today I learned!

yeah I fucked that up. It's not a major road, but not a back road either. "minorly" auto corrects to minority in safari. Today I learned!
"the road the black people use"

One of the biggest causes of litter in my neighborhood is the trash pick-up process. If it’s windy on trash day, a ton of stuff ends up on the street. Every Monday I have to go around and pick up everything that didn’t make it into the truck.

One of the biggest causes of litter in my neighborhood is the trash pick-up process. If it’s windy on trash day, a ton of stuff ends up on the street. Every Monday I have to go around and pick up everything that didn’t make it into the truck.
Same, and the days when the Dallas Morning News throws out the free newspaper. Garbage ends up in the streets and every single one of those tiny little papers is in the street. They don't have the mass to be thrown so they just litter everywhere.

I think country folks can be worse sometimes...they have no fucking excuse.

and the "that's the fault of DWI laws" might be the dumbest excuses I have ever heard

I didn't say it was an excuse...I said it was a reality.

The roads giving access to trucks going to and leaving any waste management sites are all trashed up. We have volunteers out there every week cleaning up those roads.

The roads giving access to trucks going to and leaving any waste management sites are all trashed up. We have volunteers out there every week cleaning up those roads.
is that because of stuff falling out of trucks heading in/out of the facility?

is that because of stuff falling out of trucks heading in/out of the facility?
Yeah, both the garbage truck and people just going to the dump. I bet most are like ours where they charge a fee if your load isn't tarpped and secured just for this exact reason.

Yeah, both the garbage truck and people just going to the dump. I bet most are like ours where they charge a fee if your load isn't tarpped and secured just for this exact reason.
we don't have that fee.

I do need to find some kind of thing to put over my recycling bin...those damn salad things blow out too easily.

For years Omaha had these bins you put out on the curb for recycling. Yeah, the wind was constantly blowing stuff out of them.

1674497876158.png

They finally wised up under the new contract and now have these.

1674497980323.png

Attachments

• 1674497876158.png
    1674497876158.png
    149.9 KB · Views: 0
we don't have that fee.

I do need to find some kind of thing to put over my recycling bin...those damn salad things blow out too easily.
I bet Willie's town is like ours, we have the large rolling recycling bins with lids so the only way they blow out is a giant storm where everyone is hosed anyways, or people overfill them and the lid can't close. But our trash falls out because the way the trucks dump them and then drive off with stuff still handing over their edge.

Lol at the poors drinking Fireball. Red Alert has zero class.

I bet Willie's town is like ours, we have the large rolling recycling bins with lids so the only way they blow out is a giant storm where everyone is hosed anyways, or people overfill them and the lid can't close. But our trash falls out because the way the trucks dump them and then drive off with stuff still handing over their edge.
I have one of these...not sure how to lid it.

images