Scientists discover enzyme that can break down plastic in 24 hours

I have one of these...not sure how to lid it.

images
We had one of those once. There was a domed snap on lid you could get for it, I called the trash company and they gave me one. But the garbage men hated it and on about the 3rd time (when they actually took the time to take it off) they just took it with them. Some times they would just skip the bin instead of opening it and dumping it then setting it back.

is that because of stuff falling out of trucks heading in/out of the facility?

Yeah, I imagine anyways. Going to the dump, regular people have few requirements for securing their loads other than a policeman seeing stuff flying out of the backs of their trucks, they can stop them and issue a ticket. But the police only see a small percentage that way. The commercial drivers are required to tarp their vehicles, but once they get up to speed, paper ...lighter stuff is flying out even with the tarped loads.

In a way, it's the cost of doing business. There is just so many people and so much trash.

At least we're on the same page.

Litter sucks and is as big a problem now as it's been in my lifetime.

I remember seeing this TV commercial on the regular 50 years ago.

I think we actually are doing better than those days. As much as I hate a bottle deposit, that has cleaned up the roads in a big way.

We had one of those once. There was a domed snap on lid you could get for it, I called the trash company and they gave me one. But the garbage men hated it and on about the 3rd time (when they actually took the time to take it off) they just took it with them. Some times they would just skip the bin instead of opening it and dumping it then setting it back.
I haul my own trash...gotta justify my pick up somehow!

speaking of which, I think I will be doing that today

Probably hundreds of those empty Fireball shooters behind the alley dumpster in Southlake where handi doles out hummers on the cheap.
he's gotta rinse his mouth out somehow.

I don't think I want anything cinnamon near my pecker during a BJ though...that would not feel good in the old pee hole

I think we actually are doing better than those days. As much as I hate a bottle deposit, that has cleaned up the roads in a big way.

I think it's worse now that grocery stores and everybody else uses plastic bags instead of paper. They're always blowing around and I even see them up in trees.

Also a lot more fast food containers than there were back then.

I think it's worse now that grocery stores and everybody else uses plastic bags instead of paper. They're always blowing around and I even see them up in trees.

NY outlawed plastic bags a year or two ago.

Also a lot more fast food containers than there were back then.

We seem to be doing ok up here. At least it's isolated to places like the waste management site or in the cities. We don't have much in the way of population density and our road crews are pretty good. I notice more road kill, and even that, the town and country road crews get to them every day so what's there in the morning is gone usually by the afternoon. That's gotta be a suck ass job. Picking up dead animals.

NY outlawed plastic bags a year or two ago.

We seem to be doing ok up here. At least it's isolated to places like the waste management site or in the cities. We don't have much in the way of population density and our road crews are pretty good. I notice more road kill, and even that, the town and country road crews get to them every day so what's there in the morning is gone usually by the afternoon. That's gotta be a suck ass job. Picking up dead animals.

Not a lot of fast food trash out here in the country. The nearest "fast food" to me is 14 miles away.

I do pick up an occasional "to-go" container from one of the restaurants in town that is a couple miles away though.

I haul my own trash...gotta justify my pick up somehow!

speaking of which, I think I will be doing that today
RIP to your tires

driving to the dump?

our transfer station is actually really well maintained
Yeah, every time I'd go to the dump I'd end up with like 5 nails in my tires. It's why I haven't been in years, cheaper to hire someone to do haul away than it is to take time off and get tires plugged.

Yeah, every time I'd go to the dump I'd end up with like 5 nails in my tires. It's why I haven't been in years, cheaper to hire someone to do haul away than it is to take time off and get tires plugged.
never had that issue

knock on wood

I find at least one of these empty Fireball shooters every time I mow. You know assholes are tossing these out their window in case they get pulled over.

This is just a googled stock photo. I don't drink that shit.

View attachment 97064
I know a 60-yr old woman who chain smokes and drinks that shit like Kool-Aid. As you can imagine, she's a looker!

I know a 60-yr old woman who chain smokes and drinks that shit like Kool-Aid. As you can imagine, she's a looker!
leave Juice's wife out of this, please.

In a way, it's the cost of doing business. There is just so many people and so much trash
Yep. We're taking about a symptom instead of the disease, which is just too much stuff being thrown away. Can't tell people not to consume so much, though, that ain't happening.