Who you want?

• Michigan

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Washington

Votes: 40 56.3%
  • Don't care, pass the tater salad

Votes: 10 14.1%

• Total voters
I’m so pissed because I was supposed to do this with my father in law in 2020, the game that got canceled by Covid.

Totally worth it in September which would have been great for OOC. Now that it would be a conf game it's not nearly the same late fall in cooler/bad weather. But it's still unique even then. You just miss the bikinis and whatnot.
It’s cool for a niche thing and postcards. And I’m sure it’s great to eat smoked salmon and chug red wine on a boat before a game if that’s your thing.

But as a lifelong Husky fan I have to say, it’s not a thing I have ever done, thought about doing, or really care to ever do.

It’s cool for a niche thing and postcards. And I’m sure it’s great to eat smoked salmon and chug red wine on a boat before a game if that’s your thing.

But as a lifelong Husky fan I have to say, it’s not a thing I have ever done, thought about doing, or really care to ever do.
It has a lot of advantages. No traffic in and no issues with parking. You have a bathroom right by you for the entire length of the party. There is some boat hopping/mingling, but again the early season bikini party is something you don't get at the main tailgating areas.

There are plenty of charter boats you can get on and they don't tend to have any white wine dickheads. Kegs/booze food grilled onboard.

And then no traffic out of the game. You can get backed up waiting for service back to your boat, but that backlog isn't nearly as bad as sitting in that endless traffic jam out or sitting next to some randtard on a train/bus out of there.

It's totally worth doing at least once just to say you've done it all.

Do it. Charter, one and done. You won't regret it as Wiz says.

It has a lot of advantages. No traffic in and no issues with parking. You have a bathroom right by you for the entire length of the party. There is some boat hopping/mingling, but again the early season bikini party is something you don't get at the main tailgating areas.

There are plenty of charter boats you can get on and they don't tend to have any white wine dickheads. Kegs/booze food grilled onboard.

And then no traffic out of the game. You can get backed up waiting for service back to your boat, but that backlog isn't nearly as bad as sitting in that endless traffic jam out or sitting next to some randtard on a train/bus out of there.

It's totally worth doing at least once just to say you've done it all.
Fuck that, if I ever were to do it there better be wine and salmon. I’ll be the dickhead.

Fuck that, if I ever were to do it there better be wine and salmon. I’ll be the dickhead.
The tyee parking area has that vibe. The first time I tailgated there was an eyeopener. Top shelf expensive booze and tons of shitty high class food and fairly tame lowkey mingling. It felt like a stuffy office party you can't wait to leave.

I'll take the open parking tailgate with the cheap booze and smoker/grills going with loud assholes screaming and coeds everywhere over that shit every time.

The tyee parking area has that vibe. The first time I tailgated there was an eyeopener. Top shelf expensive booze and tons of shitty high class food and fairly tame lowkey mingling. It felt like a stuffy office party you can't wait to leave.

I'll take the open parking tailgate with the cheap booze and smoker/grills going with loud assholes screaming and coeds everywhere over that shit every time.
I understand. I'll take "Lone Star Beer and Bob Wills music" over white wine and Perry Como.

I need to start tailgating again. The last few years have been way more "fuck it, let's just park by the Northlake (RIP) and drink there" vibes. We went to the Pac 12 championship game and decided not to buy into the pregame gathering in favor of scoring some comped drinks...

I've either lost my game, or figured out how to do it right. I still don't know which.

I need to start tailgating again. The last few years have been way more "fuck it, let's just park by the Northlake (RIP) and drink there" vibes. We went to the Pac 12 championship game and decided not to buy into the pregame gathering in favor of scoring some comped drinks...

I've either lost my game, or figured out how to do it right. I still don't know which.
As I've mentioned before, I spent more than a few decades going on the Husky party bus that was fairly well known. Old 1968 school bus painted purple. Would circle around the full campus and all parking areas on the way in. It had special parking on the road next to E1 near the tennis courts. Everyone in the main lots had to go past us to get to the stadium. We would start drinking at whatever bar the bus left from that year and had bottles going around the bus the whole way in. Usually that bar also provided the food. Lots of random people would stop by and join in or at least take their pictures next to the famous bus.

Didn't matter what the weather was, it was always the correct way to do pregame.

Of course I remember very little of the first half of most games. So there's that.