TV Series Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Watching it now…

2 initial thoughts…

1) Jason and the Argonaughts level SFX in the opening scene. So bad, it really took me out of the scene.

2) Love that they introduced the concept of the Hyperspace Whales into live-action canon. That will make telling Ezra’s story during Ahsoka S1 a bit easier.
the SFX has taken me out of it a few times. this is my first time watching disney+ on my PS5. I don't know if i it has default setting to make things look like shit, but a lot of this looks like shit. i've watched others things on it before no problem, this just looks... real bad at times. i know my fire stick did an update where i had to change a lot of settings. hope this isn't something i have to dive into and they just really said fuck spending money on this.

Fine set up episode. I don't like the idea of bringing back IG-11 though. There's no real point in that

The pirate battle was lame. He dog fights them for a few minutes, but when the pirate mothership shows up, he just speeds away. Why didn’t he do that to begin with?

The pirate battle was lame. He dog fights them for a few minutes, but when the pirate mothership shows up, he just speeds away. Why didn’t he do that to begin with?

Asteroid field

I like the direction this is looking to take. First episode didn't let me down and doesn't seem to be struggling to find something to do.

the SFX has taken me out of it a few times. this is my first time watching disney+ on my PS5. I don't know if i it has default setting to make things look like shit, but a lot of this looks like shit. i've watched others things on it before no problem, this just looks... real bad at times. i know my fire stick did an update where i had to change a lot of settings. hope this isn't something i have to dive into and they just really said fuck spending money on this.
so, it turns out my tv was set up to where it defaulted to settings that would give the soap opera effect when switched over to the console knowing it was for gaming. it looked much nicer after fixing the settings. spent so much time trying to find them on the PS before realizing it was a TV issue.

Action picking up in episode 2. Pretty sweet episode. I like where its going so far

Action picking up in episode 2. Pretty sweet episode. I like where its going so far
I was impressed with the special effects in this one as they spent bank.

I cared nothing for that middle story that was most of the episode.
We see how the NR is dealing with former Imperials. And it introduces a “new” character. And any deep dive into Coruscant is a fun trip.

Looks like we have confirmation that JarJar was indeed at least a force user. Though it looks like he was more Jedi than Sith…

The armorer has terrible leadership skillz.

Who sets up shop on a planet that can kill you in a zillion ways?
You just had a friggin' alligator try to kill you and you're practicing your gun skills by shooting into the water where the creature came from?
And they know that the big birds exist because this has happened before......

WTF????

Also, not for nothing, but to get out of any conversation, 'This is the way...." is the equivalent of a mic drop.

"Honey, can you clean up the bantha fodder?"
"Not right now. This is the way......."

The armorer has terrible leadership skillz.

Who sets up shop on a planet that can kill you in a zillion ways?
You just had a friggin' alligator try to kill you and you're practicing your gun skills by shooting into the water where the creature came from?
And they know that the big birds exist because this has happened before......

WTF????

Also, not for nothing, but to get out of any conversation, 'This is the way...." is the equivalent of a mic drop.

"Honey, can you clean up the bantha fodder?"
"Not right now. This is the way......."
“You are lost. Why don’t you stop and ask directions?”

”This is the way.”

Ho-Lee Shit!

Yes, that was him (confirmed in the credits). That is HUGE!!!

zeb-2.jpg