TV Series Star Wars: The Mandalorian

zeb-2.jpg
Very glad to see he survived through episodes IV-VI! Hope we see more.

This guy is typically a pretty pro-SW, and not a guy who falls into the repetitive “all I see is Disney being woke, so everything they make is garbage” that a lot of YouTube reviewers get into. So I found his critiques of this season to have some legitimacy.

I have rather enjoyed this season, but he brings up some good points about why this season has been troubling.

That's gonna be the premise of the series??
We don’t KNOW, but that is what is assumed. She indicated that was her current task when we first met her on Mandalorian and we had the Easter egg of the space whales in the premier episode of this season.

We don’t KNOW, but that is what is assumed. She indicated that was her current task when we first met her on Mandalorian and we had the Easter egg of the space whales in the premier episode of this season.
Is that what Grogu saw??!!

Is that what Grogu saw??!!
Not certain what you mean by this, but…

When we first met live-action Ahsoka, she was at that town to speak to the town magistrate (whatever she was) to find out what she knew about Thrawn.

Or are you talking about the space whales? When Din and Grogu are flying through hyperspace, we see the whales “swimming” in their ships wake. If you didn’t watch Rebels, the whales played a big part in what happened to Ezra and Thrawn.

Thought it ended well.

Would like next season to be more about the Mandalorian and his solo adventures than the rebuilding of Mandalor.

Thought it ended well.

Would like next season to be more about the Mandalorian and his solo adventures than the rebuilding of Mandalor.
I have seen lots of talk that “The Mandalorian” doesn’t necessarily refer to Din Djarin. It could refer to Din Grogu. It could refer to Bo Katan Kryze. It could refer to any Mandalorian who happens to be on the screen.

Last edited:
Something that has been bugging me…

Bo Katan’s family name is Kryze. And it is her sur-name. So why did Grogu take Djarin’s first name? Shouldn’t he be Grogu Djarin instead of Din Grogu?

And I am ignoring the obvious fact that Grogu is older than Mando, so Mando being Grogu’s father just doesn’t make any sense at all…

Something that has been bugging me…

Bo Katan’s family name is Kryze. And it is her sur-name. So why did Grogu take Djarin’s first name? Shouldn’t he be Grogu Djarin instead of Din Grogu?

I figure you could just chalk it up to different sects of Mandalorians.

I figure you could just chalk it up to different sects of Mandalorians.
I have done a bit of research since I posted this…

Every example of family names ever given in the SW universe, either canon or legend, have had the Mandalorian surname equate to the family name. The references I have read have theorized that maybe it has something to do with Mando’s birth culture rather than his Mandalorian culture.

I was actually disappointed in the series finale. What the heck happened to the Dark Saber?!

I hope the end means we see the end of season long story lines and back to bounty hunting jobs that wrap each episode.

I was actually disappointed in the series finale. What the heck happened to the Dark Saber?!
It was broken. They will probably fix it at some point in the future (there was a Jedi droid in Rebels who is thousands of years old who knows the specs of every saber ever made. He was already rumored to be making an appearance in Ahsoka or Mando 4 even before the Dark Saber was broken.

I have done a bit of research since I posted this…

Every example of family names ever given in the SW universe, either canon or legend, have had the Mandalorian surname equate to the family name. The references I have read have theorized that maybe it has something to do with Mando’s birth culture rather than his Mandalorian culture.

I read some fan theories that "Din" is the name they give to members that have no actual family clan. Both Djarin and Grogu are foundlings so they are both "Din" as their family name. Its sorta like how in Game of Thrones bastards' last name is based on the region they are from (ie Snow)

I read some fan theories that "Din" is the name they give to members that have no actual family clan. Both Djarin and Grogu are foundlings so they are both "Din" as their family name. Its sorta like how in Game of Thrones bastards' last name is based on the region they are from (ie Snow)
Might still hold true as the family name, but Grogu isn't a foundling anymore since Djarin adopted him.

I hope the end means we see the end of season long story lines and back to bounty hunting jobs that wrap each episode.
Back to it? Was that ever the case outside of the start of the first couple episodes before the little Yoda bond?

Back to it? Was that ever the case outside of the start of the first couple episodes before the little Yoda bond?
Felt like most of the first season had a mission every episode that mostly wrapped up in that episode, maybe even into the second season.