TV Series Star Wars: The Mandalorian

If I'm understanding properly after binging the existing seasons...the Mandalorian story is done. The next series will be the Boba Fett saga?
Ill got you on the BoBF show, but as far as Mando goes, his chapter with Grogu is over. Not his story. I am actually very interested to see how he deals with holding the blade when he clearly doesn’t want it. And how will Bo-Katan react? Lots of fun stuff to come.

Well looks like the cancel mob canceled Gina Carrano. She’s been fired by Disney. Too bad her character was badass. Not to mention they were gearing for a spin-off for her.

Well looks like the cancel mob canceled Gina Carrano. She’s been fired by Disney. Too bad her character was badass. Not to mention they were gearing for a spin-off for her.
We're gonna get another Vice Admiral Whatsherface to replace her aren't we.

That sucks, her character was great. Not to get too political but I'm also kinda surprised, Disney clearly wanted more females in bigger roles in Star Wars and they hacked off one who was universally well-received by fans.

We're gonna get another Vice Admiral Whatsherface to replace her aren't we.

That sucks, her character was great. Not to get too political but I'm also kinda surprised, Disney clearly wanted more females in bigger roles in Star Wars and they hacked off one who was universally well-received by fans.
Yeah. I read what she wrote. I can see it bothersome but if you really read what she said I really think it’s overblown. Part of me feels it’s a little pre-textual, they’re really pissed about some of her trans comments earlier this year.

But she was great in that part.

Yeah. I read what she wrote. I can see it bothersome but if you really read what she said I really think it’s overblown. Part of me feels it’s a little pre-textual, they’re really pissed about some of her trans comments earlier this year.

But she was great in that part.
Bottom line is she shouldn't have said it, especially when Disney is paying the bills.

dumb on her part.

And not cancel culture, imo. You say something dumb, you get fired. Has been going on forever.

Bottom line is she shouldn't have said it, especially when Disney is paying the bills.

dumb on her part.

And not cancel culture, imo. You say something dumb, you get fired. Has been going on forever.
It is cancel culture when that door only swings one way.

It is cancel culture when that door only swings one way.
what other way do you want it to swing?

she got on her soapbox and made some very questionable comments about Nazis and killing Jews.

IMO that is not going to fly in ANY generation.

and it definitely isn't going to fly when you work for fucking Disney.

she should have kept her mouth shut.

so when will companies stop working with Ice Cube? Carano's comments weren't antisemitic at all, while Ice Cube posted the black cube of saturn...a symbol that implies that Jews are secretly responsible some of the world's biggest tragedies.

so when will companies stop working with Ice Cube? Carano's comments weren't antisemitic at all, while Ice Cube posted the black cube of saturn...a symbol that implies that Jews are secretly responsible some of the world's biggest tragedies.
I'd be ok with companies stopping work with Ice Cube over such a thing

didn't Trump just work with him though?

Carano helped make the Mandalorian a great show. Why fire someone for their political beliefs?

Carano helped make the Mandalorian a great show. Why fire someone for their political beliefs?
she's easily replaceable.

Baby Yoda was the star of the show. Mando was great. Boba Fett was awesome.

Cara Dune is maybe 6 on the list of great characters on this show...but probably lower.

she should have recognized that she was dispensable and stopped posting controversial shit on social media.

she's easily replaceable.

Baby Yoda was the star of the show. Mando was great. Boba Fett was awesome.

Cara Dune is maybe 6 on the list of great characters on this show...but probably lower.

she should have recognized that she was dispensable and stopped posting controversial shit on social media.
What EXACTLY did she post? I have only heard it referenced, but never actually saw it or had it explained in detail.

What EXACTLY did she post? I have only heard it referenced, but never actually saw it or had it explained in detail.
There's a thread on it in the PF. It involves Nazis and how citizens helped to round up Jewish people...kind of a civil warish type post where she is relating America being divided to Nazi Germany.

There's a thread on it in the PF. It involves Nazis and how citizens helped to round up Jewish people...kind of a civil warish type post where she is relating America being divided to Nazi Germany.
So kinda what Pedro Pascal did?

So kinda what Pedro Pascal did?
sorta...Pascal didn't say anything about rounding up Jewish people and killing them...

but this is like the 3rd time she had done it.

regardless, she gone.

Season 3 teaser trailer:

Just watched it. Pretty good action. A little too much expositioning by the Mandolorian but it paced well. I hope they don’t have several slowed down episodes like they have in the past.

Watching it now…

2 initial thoughts…

1) Jason and the Argonaughts level SFX in the opening scene. So bad, it really took me out of the scene.

2) Love that they introduced the concept of the Hyperspace Whales into live-action canon. That will make telling Ezra’s story during Ahsoka S1 a bit easier.