Tennessee Being Investigated for NIL Violations

so this is a good thing right??

I love it, seeing Saban now trying to be the voice of CFB cause he's out to look for the players "what happens when they are 28 or 29 and are broke"

idiot, welcome to the real fucking world.. where like 90% of the people in their 20s won't see that type of money.. and you expect us to boo hoo that a kid made a few million in his late teens and early 20s and blew it?? Like there isn't financial services or classes they can secure/take??

fuck you.. it was all cool doing shit under the table.. but now that it's on an even playing field you wanna complain how this fucks up the players?? All while you and your fellow coaches were getting paid guaranteed? Boo fucking Hoo

players are getting paid what they are valued at, and people want to put in some sort of cap.. But coaches are freely allowed to make what they want?? and the colleges can continue to rake in the money while letting it's alumns/fans support their collectives??
I don't care if players get paid but the system we have is bullshit because there is no contract in place. If a player wants to get paid then the entity paying them should have certain rights as any employer would. A world with no salary cap and unlimited free agency does not work.

As for coaches yeah they get paid guaranteed money but they can't leave their schools either without penalty so if you want to put in a system where a kid can transfer but he has to pay an exit fee then I'm good with that.

I don't care if players get paid but the system we have is bullshit because there is no contract in place. If a player wants to get paid then the entity paying them should have certain rights as any employer would. A world with no salary cap and unlimited free agency does not work.

As for coaches yeah they get paid guaranteed money but they can't leave their schools either without penalty so if you want to put in a system where a kid can transfer but he has to pay an exit fee then I'm good with that.
Good point. Never thought of that. Seems fair to have contracts that are written where both parties pay financially if either breaks it. What’s good for the goose…..

so this is a good thing right??

I love it, seeing Saban now trying to be the voice of CFB cause he's out to look for the players "what happens when they are 28 or 29 and are broke"

idiot, welcome to the real fucking world.. where like 90% of the people in their 20s won't see that type of money.. and you expect us to boo hoo that a kid made a few million in his late teens and early 20s and blew it?? Like there isn't financial services or classes they can secure/take??

fuck you.. it was all cool doing shit under the table.. but now that it's on an even playing field you wanna complain how this fucks up the players?? All while you and your fellow coaches were getting paid guaranteed? Boo fucking Hoo

players are getting paid what they are valued at, and people want to put in some sort of cap.. But coaches are freely allowed to make what they want?? and the colleges can continue to rake in the money while letting it's alumns/fans support their collectives??
Shots fired…. And I’m here for it

:pop2:

Good point. Never thought of that. Seems fair to have contracts that are written where both parties pay financially if either breaks it. What’s good for the goose…..
There is no accountability with the current system.

Case in point: Bama had a QB that signed and I think paid like 250K to help his family move to Alabama and then Saban retired, he hit the portal and transferred to tOSU. It's funny because it was Bama but the truth is the kid backed out of the deal and isn't going to perform the service he was paid for so in fairness the money should be given back or he should complete his term of service.

My daughter graduated from the Coast Guard Academy and she has to serve 5 years to pay it back or cut a check for like 350K. With the service academies, you have until the start of your Junior year to decide if you want to stay in and if not you can leave with no penalty but sign those commitment papers and start day 1 of your junior year you are on the hook even if they throw you out. If you get tossed then your choice is to cut a check or go enlisted for your term of service.

If schools are going to pony up them the players should have some skin in the game.

My idea, be it good or bad, minimum 2 year deals and any universities wishing to participate MUST offer 2 year degrees to have a team or be told to pound sand (I know all don’t do that now but they’ll figure it out & make it work then).

The player must earn that two year degree or stay put, not eligible for transfers until that time.

That way at least the player in his/her late 20’s that learned the hard way how not to manage his/her money can have some education to take with them into the workforce.

Case in point: Bama had a QB that signed and I think paid like 250K to help his family move to Alabama and then Saban retired, he hit the portal and transferred to tOSU. It's funny because it was Bama but the truth is the kid backed out of the deal and isn't going to perform the service he was paid for so in fairness the money should be given back or he should complete his term of service.

My daughter graduated from the Coast Guard Academy and she has to serve 5 years to pay it back or cut a check for like 350K. With the service academies, you have until the start of your Junior year to decide if you want to stay in and if not you can leave with no penalty but sign those commitment papers and start day 1 of your junior year you are on the hook even if they throw you out. If you get tossed then your choice is to cut a check or go enlisted for your term of service.

If schools are going to pony up them the players should have some skin in the game.
But right now there aren't contracts are there? Without them it is buyer beware.

A lot of these contributors to collectives are good business people. I can't believe they want to continue to throw it away without some commitment. But, they have a hell of a lot more money than I do so I guess they don't really care.

NIL is year to year.. you cannot place multiple years on a yearly contract. What collectives are doing is saying you can earn this much this year.. and the following year you can make this much like player X did his 2nd or 3rd year.. There's ways of working in a grey area but the contracts themselves are a year to year basis.

bro please tell the full story on this.. On both he and Downs the all american Safety. Those players didn't reneg on their commitment. DeBoer didn't speak to Sayin.. he reached out to tell the QB he recruited to get into the portal from Udub and join him at Bama.

Sayin and his family wanted to stay in Tuscaloosa..it wasn't about money, it was how they were ignored.. which also happened to Downs.. He had a team of supporting personnel that were all let go and he had a hard time even gathering a meeting with Deboer..

Now what you CAN criticize is how is recruitment played out between UGA and tosu at the time.. kid and his family basically told UGA they had an agreement and would be enrolling there, only for tosu to come in with the same.. maybe a bit higher deal and they took it. That was why UGA was pissed.

EDIT: BTW thanks for your daughters service in the military.. but i gotta be honest with you.. you can't compare college sports to anyone of us signing up for the military.. there's only so many talented 4 or 5 star college players... there's hundreds of thousands regular kids/adults that can go to the military every year..

Last edited:
But right now there aren't contracts are there? Without them it is buyer beware.

A lot of these contributors to collectives are good business people. I can't believe they want to continue to throw it away without some commitment. But, they have a hell of a lot more money than I do so I guess they don't really care.
it's not throwing it away when they let the staff do it's due diligence on the player.. UT was mocked about the 50k pancake factory deal when it signed it's massive 2022 OL class..

None of those kids as of yet have transferred elsewhere.. We'll see what happens in April.

In the near future it is not out of the realm of possibility that some high school senior or current player decides to hold a live auction for their services and get paid for doing it.
Meh, the market will smooth out, and the teams with the best coaches will continue to win. Good teams will still get the best players, just not as concentrated as the last 20 years. Recruiting to classes year In and years out is the key to sustained success.

it's not throwing it away when they let the staff do it's due diligence on the player.. UT was mocked about the 50k pancake factory deal when it signed it's massive 2022 OL class..

None of those kids as of yet have transferred elsewhere.. We'll see what happens in April.
I was referring to a player getting paid NIL and never playing for that school. If collectives pay up front and get burned like that, so be it.

And believe me, you can do your due diligence and still get burned. And when gobs of money come into play….