Tennessee Being Investigated for NIL Violations

What makes you think that universities are going to pay out billions and billions of dollars like this? The overwhelming majority of them will fold their athletic departments entirely before it ever came close to that. At the end of the day, that's what this comes down to. There is a tipping point for universities, and if things keep getting pushed over players' greed, they're going to ruin things for themselves.

NIL is more than enough for players. They'll fold that into the universities long before you'll start seeing coaches and administrators taking paycuts. That just simply is not happening.
You don't get to choose to pay a judgment in a lawsuit. You know that, right? If they lose the lawsuit, and there is a good chance they will, they can fold anything they want to, but each university has property, amongst other things, that can be attached to pay off the judgment.

NIL isn't close to enough for players, and it isn't the schools choice any more. I don't know how else to tell you this ... you just don't want to open your mind to the possibility that you are wrong and the universities are going to be forced to do this.

You don't get to choose to pay a judgment in a lawsuit. You know that, right? If they lose the lawsuit, and there is a good chance they will, they can fold anything they want to, but each university has property, amongst other things, that can be attached to pay off the judgment.

NIL isn't close to enough for players, and it isn't the schools choice any more. I don't know how else to tell you this ... you just don't want to open your mind to the possibility that you are wrong and the universities are going to be forced to do this.
You're incredibly arrogant about a topic you aren't an expert in. Think what you want, I really don't give a shit.

tldr, as usual you're trying too hard
The truth sucks to hear sometimes. OAM didn't like it when Harbaugh said, "Some people are born on 3rd base and think they hit a triple". Sucks to hear, but it was the truth.

The truth sucks to hear sometimes. OAM didn't like it when Harbaugh said, "Some people are born on 3rd base and think they hit a triple". Sucks to hear, but it was the truth.
Weird that you had to cheat in order to beat Day, isn't it

You're incredibly arrogant about a topic you aren't an expert in. Think what you want, I really don't give a shit.
This will be my last post, and you can take the last shot. I am not arrogant about it; I keep up with all the lawsuits, the state and federal legislative news, and what the NCAA is doing in this area. It just happens to be something that intrigues me.

Everything, and I mean everything, points to the fact that the schools will ultimately have to treat the student-athletes as employees. So, when you keep saying all this stuff isn't going to happen when there are dozens of lawsuits going on right now, the NCAA is heavily lobbying at the federal level for anti-trust exemptions, the state legislators are taking on the NCAA at the state level, and the NCAA itself has recently proposed that the schools directly pay half of their scholarships athletes (about 250-300) to the tune of $30,000 annually, then I am going to point out that you aren't keeping up with current events when you insist that they are going to keep the status quo. If you think that's arrogant, fine. I think it's being educated on what's happening and drawing commonsensical conclusions.

In 10 years, we won't recognize college sports because it has gone from a multi-million dollar business to a multi-billion dollar business in the past decade. When a major shift like that happens, major changes are made. This is especially true when, for far too long, the business has conspired to not pay market value for the labor that generates the billions.

I'm done, you have the last word.

This will be my last post, and you can take the last shot. I am not arrogant about it; I keep up with all the lawsuits, the state and federal legislative news, and what the NCAA is doing in this area. It just happens to be something that intrigues me.

Everything, and I mean everything, points to the fact that the schools will ultimately have to treat the student-athletes as employees. So, when you keep saying all this stuff isn't going to happen when there are dozens of lawsuits going on right now, the NCAA is heavily lobbying at the federal level for anti-trust exemptions, the state legislators are taking on the NCAA at the state level, and the NCAA itself has recently proposed that the schools directly pay half of their scholarships athletes (about 250-300) to the tune of $30,000 annually, then I am going to point out that you aren't keeping up with current events when you insist that they are going to keep the status quo. If you think that's arrogant, fine. I think it's being educated on what's happening and drawing commonsensical conclusions.

In 10 years, we won't recognize college sports because it has gone from a multi-million dollar business to a multi-billion dollar business in the past decade. When a major shift like that happens, major changes are made. This is especially true when, for far too long, the business has conspired to not pay market value for the labor that generates the billions.

I'm done, you have the last word.
Again, think what you want. I don't give a shit.

Lol but you had to cheat.

Is your offense going to still "give us fits" in 2024?
As long as Day is your coach. Yes. We literally beat you WITHOUT A HEAD COACH. :pound:

Sherrone Moore -- 0 years as HC, 1 win over OAM
Ryan Day -- 5 years as HC, 1 win over UM

Man Slapping Couch Laughing GIF

As long as Day is your coach. Yes. We literally beat you WITHOUT A HEAD COACH. :pound:

Sherrone Moore -- 0 years as HC, 1 win over OAM
Ryan Day -- 5 years as HC, 1 win over UM

Man Slapping Couch Laughing GIF
Good to know that Harbaugh didn't matter, so we can all assume there will be no drop-off in Michigan's performance.

Good to know that Harbaugh didn't matter, so we can all assume there will be no drop-off in Michigan's performance.
Harbaugh mattered, we just had him coach against the teams we needed him this past year.

And if Michigan was returning 18 starters instead of losing 18 starters -- I have no doubt our performance would be the same for the upcoming year.

Harbaugh mattered, we just had him coach against the teams we needed him this past year.

And if Michigan was returning 18 starters instead of losing 18 starters -- I have no doubt our performance would be the same for the upcoming year.
LOL

I am not a big Jay Bilas fan, but he's spot on with this.

I am not a big Jay Bilas fan, but he's spot on with this.

Just heard about the case for back pay for NIL yesterday and the lawyer believes that it will bankrupt the NCAA if/when the players win. He was not as confident as JB that it will definitely be a win but that it WAS a very real possibility.

Just heard about the case for back pay for NIL yesterday and the lawyer believes that it will bankrupt the NCAA if/when the players win. He was not as confident as JB that it will definitely be a win but that it WAS a very real possibility.
Yeah, when it got class action certification, it became very problematic due to the treble damages. My guess it gets settled at some point. But, it's going to cost a ton of money for CFB.