Texas Governor Lifts Mask Mandate

You pretty much just stamped more stupid all over your forehead man.
Because I choose not to wear a mask? Show me evidence where wearing a mask prevents getting Coronavirus.

Because I choose not to wear a mask? Show me evidence where wearing a mask prevents getting Coronavirus.

Because you listen to a politician that says don’t wear your mask now. Governor of Texas needs a W.

Evidence for both wearing or not wearing but I’m not going to change now because 1 guy says it’s all good.
I do have evidence that in my household and at my kids school that illness is down tremendously. So to me 1 more month doesn’t hurt my feelz. Probably just jinxed muhself

I just dropped my kids off at their Christian day care school that is very good and conservative. All teachers wearing masks still or face shields.

They’ve been open all 2020-2021 school year. A few cases but not many. Knock on wood there has been zero cases of flu.

I just dropped my kids off at their Christian day care school that is very good and conservative. All teachers wearing masks still or face shields.

They’ve been open all 2020-2021 school year. A few cases but not many. Knock on wood there has been zero cases of flu.
Yup. Just as early on in this Texas leadership said "it's best to wear a mask but we won't mandate it" and people still mostly wore masks, they will continue to do so. The "mandate" never had any teeth in the first place, just caused a burden on police getting calls about "Karen won't wear a mask in my store'. Now the store can still demand the person wear one or leave, but the police don't need to get involved.

Yup. Just as early on in this Texas leadership said "it's best to wear a mask but we won't mandate it" and people still mostly wore masks, they will continue to do so. The "mandate" never had any teeth in the first place, just caused a burden on police getting calls about "Karen won't wear a mask in my store'. Now the store can still demand the person wear one or leave, but the police don't need to get involved.
Keep government out of a person's right to freedom of expression. Big government is not our daddy.

Keep government out of a person's right to freedom of expression. Big government is not our daddy.
At some level gov't is ok, but in a state the size of Texas it is not at the state level. If a city or county wants to do something because there is an outbreak, ok. But a statewide mandate when huge swaths of the state aren't being crushed by COVID is a little heavy handed.

Which is why this has happened. Most impacted counties in Texas:
1614789492896.jpeg

Note the smaller number of tests and cases, but higher deaths. Illegal border crossing for hopeful medical care after they are infected. Hidalgo is by FAR the smallest county on that list. Harris = Houston, Dallas, Bexar = San Antonio, Tarrant = Ft Worth, Hidalgo = McAllen.

One of those is not a major city, but is still in the top 5 of deaths in Texas.

Which is why this has happened. Most impacted counties in Texas:
View attachment 22581

Note the smaller number of tests and cases, but higher deaths. Illegal border crossing for hopeful medical care after they are infected. Hidalgo is by FAR the smallest county on that list. Harris = Houston, Dallas, Bexar = San Antonio, Tarrant = Ft Worth, Hidalgo = McAllen.

One of those is not a major city, but is still in the top 5 of deaths in Texas.
We were on lockdown with less Covid cases in our region ... six county region ... than was just released into Texas. It should not be surprising to anyone because you could look at the CDC numbers for things like TB outbreaks over the years on the TexMex border counties.

this is how I feel. I am not concerned if I have to wear a mask somewhere (since I found masks for people with Beards) but wish our state would open businesses up 100%. There is no reason not too.
If the businesses wish to make people wear masks in their establishment so be it. If a person doesnt want to wear one. Then they dont need to go into that business. if the other way. A business doesnt mandate having to wear a mask & a person doesnt like that. They dont need to go into that business.

but they should allow us to open up 100% Which they havent :(

Because you listen to a politician that says don’t wear your mask now. Governor of Texas needs a W.

Evidence for both wearing or not wearing but I’m not going to change now because 1 guy says it’s all good.
I do have evidence that in my household and at my kids school that illness is down tremendously. So to me 1 more month doesn’t hurt my feelz. Probably just jinxed muhself
Abbott said people should still wear masks, but removed the mandate. he didn't say don't wear a mask.

Abbott said people should still wear masks, but removed the mandate. he didn't say don't wear a mask.
We still have a mask mandate in Wisconsin thanks to our retarded Governor.

It’s all politics is my point. 1st covering your arse, now giving the power back to people to cover said arse once again

It’s all politics is my point. 1st covering your arse, now giving the power back to people to cover said arse once again
I have no issue rescinding the statewide mandate. I do have an issue with Paxton going after counties for not lifting theirs.

I have no issue rescinding the statewide mandate. I do have an issue with Paxton going after counties for not lifting theirs.
Shouldn't the state trump county mandates?

Shouldn't the state trump county mandates?
Depends, did the state make a mandate that counties can't mandate masks? Or did they lift the statewide mandate of masks?

Better stated, did they say "the state won't force you to wear a mask" or did they say "the state prohibits mask mandates"?

It should be optional.

If this virus is nothing more than a scam why did Trump & Melania get the vaccine in January?