Texas Governor Lifts Mask Mandate

So, is all of Texas dead yet?

It's weird that you don't understand how deadly this virus is. Do you think the more than 500,000 that have died is some kinda made up number?

It's weird that you don't understand how deadly this virus is. Do you think the more than 500,000 that have died is some kinda made up number?
Nobody I know has died of Covid. There have been lots of old people that have died from it but most senior citizens are getting their Covid vaccinations now.

Of course not. But I wouldn't be surprised if the state has a massive virus spike in three or four weeks.

Disagree. The vaccine is rolling out quickly for those most susceptible and masks did very little to help in the first place. I would look for their cases to keep going down from here.

Disagree. The vaccine is rolling out quickly for those most susceptible and masks did very little to help in the first place. I would look for their cases to keep going down from here.
Don't think it will keep going down. It will flatten out about where it is now.

Don't think it will keep going down. It will flatten out about where it is now.

Yes, Texas is down to only 5k new cases each day already but I think it's going to keep going down over the next few months as more and more get the vaccine. I believe by fall, it will be 1k or less.

Yes, Texas is down to only 5k new cases each day already but I think it's going to keep going down over the next few months as more and more get the vaccine. I believe by fall, it will be 1k or less.
Ah yes, though the year it will keep going down. I was talking a shorter term like the rest of spring. I think it stays about where it is. There are no more ratings right now in reporting deaths and hospitalizations or finding the random nurse who will cry on camera about "this is just too much!!!!". Now the ratings are in the good news and hopeful aspect, you can see that shill Gupta on CNN already pulling this stunt.

Hell, midweek and the USA wasn't even top-10 in new cases yesterday. Not sure we were even top 15.

I hope you're right. But if cases spike I won't be surprised. It's not like everyone in Texas wants the vaccine.

I hope you're right. But if cases spike I won't be surprised. It's not like everyone in Texas wants the vaccine.
Not sure there is any state where everyone wants the vaccine.

I can tell you that we open up in 4 days to everyone over 50, and already we have been trying for months to get my wife her first shot. Today the city of Allen sent an alert email at 10:13am that they were opening up signups for more vaccines. At 10:17am they sent a follow up saying all slots are now taken. There is no shortage of demand in Texas.

Actually, looking at the stats I'd be more worried about your state. Despite the massive population difference, you currently have 25% more active COVID cases than Texas.

Nobody I know has died of Covid. There have been lots of old people that have died from it but most senior citizens are getting their Covid vaccinations now.

Because nobody that you presonally know has died from the virus that means everything's okay? So you're just going to ignore all the deaths to people that weren't elderly? Makes sense. Since you think only the elderly have died you probably only pay attention to those numbers and ignore any deaths by people that weren't elderly.

Not sure there is any state where everyone wants the vaccine.

I can tell you that we open up in 4 days to everyone over 50, and already we have been trying for months to get my wife her first shot. Today the city of Allen sent an alert email at 10:13am that they were opening up signups for more vaccines. At 10:17am they sent a follow up saying all slots are now taken. There is no shortage of demand in Texas.

There's no way any state has a population where 100% of people would want the vaccine. Should have worded that part a little differently. My bad.

Dang, just was going to do a comparison of vaccination sites between Texas and Colorado. Using the CVS app you can see what cities have vaccines available. CVS has probably 50+ vaccination spots in Texas (all but two full). There are 3 in the entire state of CO, all three full.

Are there not CVS's in Colorado? Guess that could be a factor.

Because nobody that you presonally know has died from the virus that means everything's okay? So you're just going to ignore all the deaths to people that weren't elderly? Makes sense. Since you think only the elderly have died you probably only pay attention to those numbers and ignore any deaths by people that weren't elderly.
I don't know of any young people that have died from Covid. I do know that the vast majority of deaths were in the senior population. I'm not a Covid alarmist like you are.

I don't know of any young people that have died from Covid. I do know that the vast majority of deaths were in the senior population. I'm not a Covid alarmist like you are.

I'm not an alarmist. I'm just paying attention to the total data, not just the elderly. Something you've never done. But you've been downplaying this virus thinking it's absolutely nothing from day one. So it's not surprising you think no young people have died from the virus.