Texas Governor Lifts Mask Mandate

I'm not an alarmist. I'm just paying attention to the total data, not just the elderly. Something you've never done. But you've been downplaying this virus thinking it's absolutely nothing from day one. So it's not surprising you think no young people have died from the virus.
I'm sure a few young people have died from the virus but young people die from other diseases too. Your obsession with Covid makes you look almost mentally unstable. Do you also believe in the boogyman?

I'm not an alarmist. I'm just paying attention to the total data, not just the elderly. Something you've never done. But you've been downplaying this virus thinking it's absolutely nothing from day one. So it's not surprising you think no young people have died from the virus.
I haven't downplayed this data, so I think I can speak up here. Have you really dug into all the data? If you have, do you know what the mortality rate is for confirmed COVID in those <18? it is .01%.

That's not me being stupid with a percent sign, the mortality rate is .000115 according to CDC data. There have been 2,522,128 confirmed COVID tests in Americans under 18. Of those 291 have died.

Source: COVID Data Tracker

is COVID real? Yes. Is it simple to wear a mask? Yes. Does it target the elderly and ill at a massively disproportionate rate? Yes.

I'm sure a few young people have died from the virus but young people die from other diseases too. Your obsession with Covid makes you look almost mentally unstable. Do you also believe in the boogyman?

So you've gone from saying no young people have died from the virus to now saying a few young people have died. Keep moving those goal posts. You mentioned being menatlly unstable. That's exactly what you are thinking the virus is nothing.

It's weird that you don't understand how deadly this virus is. Do you think the more than 500,000 that have died is some kinda made up number?
Apparently not.
Covid19 has a 2.2 mortality rate worldwide. The only one in the last 50 years lower was the H1n1 at .02. The next closest to Covid19 is over four times higher than Covid(SARS at 9.6). Communicable and deadly are not the same.

I haven't downplayed this data, so I think I can speak up here. Have you really dug into all the data? If you have, do you know what the mortality rate is for confirmed COVID in those <18? it is .01%.

That's not me being stupid with a percent sign, the mortality rate is .000115 according to CDC data. There have been 2,522,128 confirmed COVID tests in Americans under 18. Of those 291 have died.

Source: COVID Data Tracker

is COVID real? Yes. Is it simple to wear a mask? Yes. Does it target the elderly and ill at a massively disproportionate rate? Yes.

So you took my comment that was for GnG and think it has something to do with you? I wasn't talking about you.

So you've gone from saying no young people have died from the virus to now saying a few young people have died. Keep moving those goal posts. You mentioned being menatlly unstable. That's exactly what you are thinking the virus is nothing.
I said I personally don't know of any young people that have died from Covid. My wife and I go out to dinner at least twice a week and Covid is the last thing on our minds. We don't live in fear like you and a few other Covid nuts.

So you took my comment that was for GnG and think it has something to do with you? I wasn't talking about you.
No, I didn't take it as being about me. I said my first part so that you didn't think I thought it was directed at me. I simply saw your statement and wanted to weigh in that this isn't really an issue for young people. Even in the 18-29 crowd, that group has the highest positivity rate at 22.4% of all COVID positive tests. but they have the third lowest mortality rate at 0.5%

It is why schools are opening back up and why vaccines aren't even intended for those under 65 right now. This isn't an issue for the young, it is an issue for the elderly and chronically ill.

The issues covid has caused young people is a result of old people's policy. Our overall response has done more harm to the young and healthy than it did to help the elderly or at-risk.

Last edited: