TV Series The Boys

Most oof the way through s2e1 and i can't believe they named a character "stormfront" and had instagram comments saying, "stormfront will save america"
maybe give the writers more than one episode to get to an idea? For a show as conscious as this, you really think the writers just used the name Stormfront without understanding the implication?

Most oof the way through s2e1 and i can't believe they named a character "stormfront" and had instagram comments saying, "stormfront will save america"
I don't get it...

is this a Qanon reference?

I don't get it...

is this a Qanon reference?
nick kroll GIF by HULU

Episode 4 was OKAY, but a little slow. I wanted more from Stormfront and Homelander, although Doppleganger and Homelander's scene was fucking hilarious.

I feel like Butcher is getting fairly boring. This episode spent WAY too much time on him. Just give me 1 straight hour of Antony Starr at this point, lol.

Episode 4 was OKAY, but a little slow. I wanted more from Stormfront and Homelander, although Doppleganger and Homelander's scene was fucking hilarious.

I feel like Butcher is getting fairly boring. This episode spent WAY too much time on him. Just give me 1 straight hour of Antony Starr at this point, lol.
It just doesn't have the same energy as season 1. I'm hoping the show pays off in the second half of episodes but I'm getting kind of tired of you have to watch the first 4 and then it gets good trend. That just poor writing. Money Heist and Umbrella Academy on Netflix proves you can hook people in earlier and keep them if your writers are worth a shit.

How many bad episodes were there of the Sopranos, GOT, Homelander, The Wire, etc....none.

Have higher standards.

It just doesn't have the same energy as season 1. I'm hoping the show pays off in the second half of episodes but I'm getting kind of tired of you have to watch the first 4 and then it gets good trend. That just poor writing. Money Heist and Umbrella Academy on Netflix proves you can hook people in earlier and keep them if your writers are worth a shit.

How many bad episodes were there of the Sopranos, GOT, Homelander, The Wire, etc....none.

Have higher standards.

Yah. Only a couple episodes were good... Basically anything with Antony Starr is amazing. He was great in Banshee (only complaint about that show was some of the fight scenes got WAY out of control. You can't take that many punches/kicks for 5 minutes straight lol).

Yah. Only a couple episodes were good... Basically anything with Antony Starr is amazing. He was great in Banshee (only complaint about that show was some of the fight scenes got WAY out of control. You can't take that many punches/kicks for 5 minutes straight lol).
Banshee got ridiculous pretty quickly and was driven by dude getting his ass kicked beyond humanly possible and as many hot sex scenes as they could get away with. The writers literally had a sex goal and tried to fit things around them and at least one has to be a fight.

I think you and I could have written that series once they gave us the general plot.

Yeah, I kept thinking to myself "ok, when are they going to get caught" during the trip. Then nothing.

At least it did give us some fairly big news. Definitely was a classic "set up" episode, though.

The Boys is based on the comic book series of the same title by Garth Ennis. If you're familiar with the comic series -- for that matter, if you're familiar with any of Garth Ennis's work like Preacher or his run on Punisher -- you'll know this is a dark, cynical, R-rated take on superheroes:

i want to watch all of these, but i need all of the subscription services. sucks. i only use netflix and cable. i hear good things about this tho.

i want to watch all of these, but i need all of the subscription services. sucks. i only use netflix and cable. i hear good things about this tho.
You don't have Amazon Prime? If you order stuff from Amazon then Prime members get free shipping so if you use it enough (which we definitely do) then it's basically free. Prime is a no brainer.

You don't have Amazon Prime? If you order stuff from Amazon then Prime members get free shipping so if you use it enough (which we definitely do) then it's basically free. Prime is a no brainer.
Yeah.... Who doesn't have Prime?

i dont order much on amazon. havent in years. no prime here. i like my netflix, but now i need netflix, hulu, prime, disney...abc has one right? theres no fukin many

FYI...

if you want to avoid spoilers, stay away from the IMDB page for this show. It has some cast listed that we haven’t seen yet...

i dont order much on amazon. havent in years. no prime here. i like my netflix, but now i need netflix, hulu, prime, disney...abc has one right? theres no fukin many
Netflix
HULU
Prime

Disney
Peacock
Paramount (CBS’ soon-to-be new name)
HBO
Apple
Quibi

I think that is pretty much it. You don’t need to be perma-subscribed to all of them. I currently have HULU, Prime and HBO. I just cancelled Netflix (for at least 2 months) and stopped CBS a couple months back (I will re-add when more material builds up). I will add Disney eventually, but there is really only a few things there I am interested in. I suspect I will only hold my sub for 2 or 3 months before cancelling.

Netflix
HULU
Prime

Disney
Peacock
Paramount (CBS’ soon-to-be new name)
HBO
Apple
Quibi

I think that is pretty much it. You don’t need to be perma-subscribed to all of them. I currently have HULU, Prime and HBO. I just cancelled Netflix (for at least 2 months) and stopped CBS a couple months back (I will re-add when more material builds up). I will add Disney eventually, but there is really only a few things there I am interested in. I suspect I will only hold my sub for 2 or 3 months before cancelling.
Which is the best one for old TV shows? Any of them? Shows from the 60's and 70's.

Which is the best one for old TV shows? Any of them? Shows from the 60's and 70's.
I don’t watch a lot of those, but probably Prime? Prime has a pretty massive library.

the studio-specific services will probably be pretty good as well, assuming they own the streaming rights for said shows (Big Bang, for example, is NOT owned by CBS. HBO Owns the streaming rights)

I read this comic series years ago. One of my favorites of all time.

I like the show a lot, but it's no where near as dark and filthy as the comic. The dude who plays Homelander is fricking awesome.

And I'd give my left nut to bang the chick who plays Starlight.

Is the entire season released yet? I don't like waiting lol.