The Ford Maverick is coming back! As a Truck...kinda!

but what bothers me the most is how low to the ground they are. They have about enough clearance to jump a curb and thats it.
And this is why I'm looking at them.
Pretty soon I'll be taking my 87 year old mother and my 92 year old FIL everywhere they need to go, and stepping up into my F250 Super Duty won't be an option any more.

I want to stick with some kind of truck, but need the ease of getting in and out of the vehicle. I think the Maverick is the only thing that fits the bill.

And this is why I'm looking at them.
Pretty soon I'll be taking my 87 year old mother and my 92 year old FIL everywhere they need to go, and stepping up into my F250 Super Duty won't be an option any more.

I want to stick with some kind of truck, but need the ease of getting in and out of the vehicle. I think the Maverick is the only thing that fits the bill.
No shut the couple that got out of the Maverick I saw had to be 80.

Are any of these fucking things on Dealer Lots yet ???
Ford has gone to mostly an order only system. What they have found is they don’t have to carry the inventory interest, still get great trade ins, sell more options and don’t discount them a dime.

They are in no hurry to go back to the old system.

Try buying something online and by the time you call it’s going to be gone.

Has anyone heard when Ford plans to introduce an EV Maverick
You just know it's coming.

Has anyone heard when Ford plans to introduce an EV Maverick
You just know it's coming.
I mean, GM is going to be rolling out EV Hummers, so it's only a matter of time

While buying the Bronco, I was told that Ford opened up the 2023 Maverick orders last year.
Then after only 1 month, they had to suspend orders because they had too many to keep up.

The Dealer has no idea when they will open back up.

But my salesman is going to keep me updated, so to have it ordered and ready to go when orders open back up.

Last edited:
While buying the Bronco, I was told that Ford opened up the 2023 Maverick orders last year.
Then after only 1 month, they had to suspend orders because they had to many to keep up.

The Dealer has no idea when they will open back up.

But my salesman is going to keep me updated, so to have it ordered and ready to go when orders open back up.
I once had a 1988 Ford Bronco with a five speed manual shift and manual locking hubs where I had to get out of the truck and turn the dial on the front center hubs manually to switch to 4WD. What a fucking blast!!!!! That fucker went though anything.

The Salesman called me today.
They just traded for a 2022 Maverick Lariat with 6000 miles.
I think I'll go look tomorrow.

Don't like the color though.

I once had a 1988 Ford Bronco with a five speed manual shift and manual locking hubs where I had to get out of the truck and turn the dial on the front center hubs manually to switch to 4WD. What a fucking blast!!!!! That fucker went though anything.

Sitting out in my driveway right now but need to pull the tranny to change out the slave cylinder, I have maybe 1" pedal travel between fully engage and not...

IMG_0588.JPG

The Salesman called me today.
They just traded for a 2022 Maverick Lariat with 6000 miles.
I think I'll go look tomorrow.

Don't like the color though.
Is it that babyschitt green color???

Sitting out in my driveway right now but need to pull the tranny to change out the slave cylinder, I have maybe 1" pedal travel between fully engage and not...

View attachment 98610
I had a 1973 Volkswagen Super Beetle when I was a kid. Four speed standard and, believe it or not, it had a clutch cable!!!! That fucker snapped once and I was dead in the water.

I had a 1973 Volkswagen Super Beetle when I was a kid. Four speed standard and, believe it or not, it had a clutch cable!!!! That fucker snapped once and I was dead in the water.

Had a friend that had a Beetle too and he used to steal gas all the time until he screwed up one night and got some diesel, (I think he was too stoned to notice the difference) needless to say he was dead in the water too... :biggrin:

The Good News.
2024 Maverick order banks will open in July.

The Bad News
Production doesn't start until late October.

So
I wait 3 months for them to start building them ???? And how much time after that ???

I just don't understand Ford dragging their feet on this

The Good News.

The Bad News

So
I wait 3 months for them to start building them ???? And how much time after that ???

Super League Money GIF by Anderson .Paak

The Good News.

The Bad News

So

me neighbor got a 2023 a few months ago. He put his name on the waiting list and it took a little while.

but he is very happy with it. It's a clean looking truck.

The Good News.

The Bad News

So

Electric motors interfere with AM radio reception so all Electric vehicles will not contain AM radios starting now.

Ford took this even further and will not install AM radios into any future Ford vehicle.

Good bye talk radio. Goodbye catching the games when you are away from a TV and on the road....

Electric motors interfere with AM radio reception so all Electric vehicles will not contain AM radios starting now.

Ford took this even further and will not install AM radios into any future Ford vehicle.

Good bye talk radio. Goodbye catching the games when you are away from a TV and on the road....
I just stream games through my phone and play it over bluetooth.

and most talk radio shows also have podcasts.