TV Series The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power

Let's get Sauron from the 1st age a movie and a whole chapter on how he got his ass kicked by a wolf and then bitched out and ran into hiding for the rest of the age.

If they're calling this "Lord of the Rings" I don't see how they can focus a lot of story on Valinor or even Numenor.

Well, on second thought I actually can: maybe they're just using that name because it's more recognizable.

However, because the Akallabeth was just a short section of the Silmarillion, it's much lighter on narrative than LOTR, which means the writers would be forced to make up a bunch of dialogue and story arcs. If you're going to focus a lot on First Age events, you have way more material to work with.

I don't think there is an official title, yet.

Oh, and don't forget alllllllll the appendices. There are a bunch of 'em, and there's a lot of information in them.

Apparently someone on set leaked the start of the show is going to be some kind of exposition/set up.

Hahahahahahahaha ...

At first I read your post as saying there was going to be some kind of explosion to set it up.
I started thinking ... omg, omg, when Middle Earth was remade (I remember going back and forth between the maps of "before and after" middle earth trying to orient myself)!!!

Then I realized you wrote "exposition."

I'm on Unfinished Tales now
I tried reading those a long time ago, but I found them to be a bit of bait and switch. The volume I had was basically Christopher just talking about his father's earlier manuscripts and how the stories changed. I didn't find that nearly as entertaining

Does the LotR book or any side books released go into what the course of Aragon's reign was?

Get started it couldn’t be anymore boring than @ukfanfrombirth(cali cat) and @steelerssb going on about colored trees for 2 pages.

You're just trying to get some more traction on Pee-pee's thread.
I've posted with you for over a decade, and even modded with you, I know your (dammit, it fuckin' posted again, even though I didn't hit post) fowl games.

I think they briefly touch on it in one of the appendices from The Lord of The Rings, but there isn't a long-form novel or anything.
Reunited Gondor and Arnor and took back land from the Harad and Rhun was the bulk of it. Had a good alliance with elves, dwarves and Eomer when he became king of Rohan.

Honestly the most interesting part of his reign was he was entombed with Pippin and Merry at his flanks.

Let's get Sauron from the 1st age a movie and a whole chapter on how he got his ass kicked by a wolf and then bitched out and ran into hiding for the rest of the age.
He got defeated by the wolf-hound Huan. Sauron had taken the form of a wolf for the fight.

I was actually looking for some new details on this yesterday. I read some bad news that either starting for season 2 or season 3 it will be shooting in the UK instead of New Zealand. Which means it's going to go full blown blue screen which sucks.

If I could give you a million hearts for posting that clip, I would.
Thank you.

Holyfuckingshit.

happy julia louis dreyfus GIF by HULU

Thank you for tagging me in.
I don't know when I would have seen this otherwise.