TV Series The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power

Maybe they will do Silmarillion miniseries some day, from Ainulindale through Akallabeth to the forging of the rings of power.

I expect some super cool Numenorian stuff to be presented for the beginning of this new show starting with Elross, hopefully.

Version of the title announcement on YouTube:

Excited Season 9 GIF by Friends

Happy Jonah Hill GIF

muppets kermit GIF

Ugh....I just don't trust Amazon. I know the timeline will change some for the canon, and that's fine especially if it makes it more TV-compatible. Just worried they're going to take a shit all over it like they did with the Hobbit, or worse yet say the books are no longer canon.

Ugh....I just don't trust Amazon. I know the timeline will change some for the canon, and that's fine especially if it makes it more TV-compatible. Just worried they're going to take a shit all over it like they did with the Hobbit, or worse yet say the books are no longer canon.

I absolutely get what you're saying, but I'm more hopeful than you.

I never even watched the final installment of that abomination they called The Hobbit, because the second movie pissed me off so badly, I just couldn't do it.

Judging from what they did with Wheel of Time, I am not optimistic on it not being very woke or just plain bad.

I saw Shannara in MTV when it came out. Despite the terrible acting, production, and directing, it was still pretty true to the book. Way better than WOT IMO. I pray they don’t fuck up LOTR, too.

Judging from what they did with Wheel of Time, I am not optimistic on it not being very woke or just plain bad.

I saw Shannara in MTV when it came out. Despite the terrible acting, production, and directing, it was still pretty true to the book. Way better than WOT IMO. I pray they don’t fuck up LOTR, too.
Never seen WOT, but I have a friend who is big into the series and that alone is why he's nervous about the LOTR series.

I absolutely get what you're saying, but I'm more hopeful than you.

I never even watched the final installment of that abomination they called The Hobbit, because the second movie pissed me off so badly, I just couldn't do it.
I just have so little expectations that big studios are going to give a shit about the actual fans think of this stuff. I'll give Peter Jackson some slack for The Hobbit, I don't think he wanted it to go three movies and had talked about how rushed he was that the finale was just something shat out of a troll's asshole. Doubly because I don't see anyone who wants to preserve the legacy as much as Christopher Tolkien did in any semblance of power.

Never seen WOT, but I have a friend who is big into the series and that alone is why he's nervous about the LOTR series.
That tells you something then. They have absolutely shit all over the original story.

The changes to The Hobbit is peanuts compared to all the non canonical shit they fabricated in WOT, much of it woke. Amazon did this.

I just have so little expectations that big studios are going to give a shit about the actual fans think of this stuff. I'll give Peter Jackson some slack for The Hobbit, I don't think he wanted it to go three movies and had talked about how rushed he was that the finale was just something shat out of a troll's asshole. Doubly because I don't see anyone who wants to preserve the legacy as much as Christopher Tolkien did in any semblance of power.

We'll see.

You're not even in the demographic anymore, steelers. This is meant to appeal to a younger audience, and they honestly don't give a damn what came before in the books and movies. It will be CGI'd crap, starring Jake Paul and the "Cash Me Outside" girl, simply because that's what's relevant and they can probably sell more toys and video games, based on it. The fat old loser stoner fan who hates on Internet spoilers isn't a concern for Amazon.

I'm just starting to read through the article I posted, but I didn't know Bezos was a hardcore Tolkein fan.

That could either bode very well, or very, very poorly.
Still, I'm going to hold out hope for it and be psyched about it until I have a reason not to be.

Teaser trailer, released for the Super Bowl.

Fans are enraged and quote-bombing it with "'Evil cannot create anything new, they can only corrupt and ruin what good forces have invented or made.' -J.R.R Tolkien" in multiple languages.

:lol:

I've seen enough LOTR and GOT.

Incredibly ironic if Amazon fails to deliver on this.

Honestly the last trailer looks a bit too woke in it's casting.

Honestly the last trailer looks a bit too woke in it's casting.
Eh. They're made up characters. Way more important that the story is good than whether or not this person looks like what I think a fake dwarf should look like.

I guarantee none of the hobbits or dwarves are/were the "correct" height.