The Stormlight Archive

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 167.00
Was The Kingkiller Chronicle thread and that is certainly a great series, especially if it is ever finished, but figured I'd start a thread about an epic fantasy series from an author many have enjoyed and is a prolific writer putting out books at a fervent pace.

With Rhythm of War coming out this month, I've been going back and listening to the first 3 in the story on Audible this year and should be finishing Oathbringer right as RoW is released. Definitely long books, but there are very few instances where I'm not picturing the story vividly and just "listening".

Sanderson's other series are also great, but with Stormlight being his planned masterpiece covering 10 books in 2 parts, I can see myself eagerly awaiting the 10th book another 20+ years from now.

very much looking forward to this one but I know it is a real investment...even if I do get hooked and tend to burn through it pretty quickly.

I have considered buying the hardcopy...but I really don't need it.

RoW released today. Still have about 10 hours left in Oathbringer to finish before starting on it, but hopefully will get to it over Thanksgiving.

nana changing GIF

finally started Rhythm of War and realized I forgot who some of the characters were and all that...so read through a little recap online.

good so far

@Cobrabit

are you done with RoW?

I have about 300 pages left and I am going to need to talk to someone after

@Cobrabit

are you done with RoW?

Unfortunately, I didn't get much further before other things took precedence. I'll look to get back into it soon, but sorry, I don't think I could be a good sounding board yet.

Reactions: ill
I read book 1 and it was good. May hit the rest after my WoT audiobook run is done, I'm only on book 5 Now.

@Cobrabit

are you done with RoW?

Finally finished it today while mowing. After dragging it out over the months, I'm sure there are several things I missed or don't remember.

Reactions: ill
Finally finished it today while mowing. After dragging it out over the months, I'm sure there are several things I missed or don't remember.
I just want more Wit.

I just want more Wit.

Spread throughout the cosmere. Always interesting seeing the ties between series in the overall picture.

finally got a copy of Dawnshard from my library, so can cross that novella off my list

I keep telling myself I'm not going to get dragged back into this series but...I re-read Way of Kings for the 4th time this spring, after i found a copy for 50cents at a used book store.

Then I got Words of Radiance out of the library and havent been able to get past the prologue in a month. I really like the series and want to see where it's going, but I don't want to be lost while reading the current book. Yet there are parts of WOR that just absolutely SUCK and don't seem to go anywhere, like a lot of Shallan's arc. I'm like, "just get to the part where Kaladin faces Szeth already"

I keep telling myself I'm not going to get dragged back into this series but...I re-read Way of Kings for the 4th time this spring, after i found a copy for 50cents at a used book store.

Then I got Words of Radiance out of the library and havent been able to get past the prologue in a month. I really like the series and want to see where it's going, but I don't want to be lost while reading the current book. Yet there are parts of WOR that just absolutely SUCK and don't seem to go anywhere, like a lot of Shallan's arc. I'm like, "just get to the part where Kaladin faces Szeth already"
Shallan is definitely one of the slower builds in the early books

Shallan is definitely one of the slower builds in the early books
Yeah, and I get that she's a teen and still developing, but I remember being so bored with a lot of her stories in book 2, with the exception of the flashbacks to her earlier life. Kaladin isn't much older but I enjoy his chapters a lot more.

And I don't recall if it's WOR or Oathbringer where we get more of the backstory on Dalinar.

Yeah, and I get that she's a teen and still developing, but I remember being so bored with a lot of her stories in book 2, with the exception of the flashbacks to her earlier life. Kaladin isn't much older but I enjoy his chapters a lot more.

And I don't recall if it's WOR or Oathbringer where we get more of the backstory on Dalinar.
that is Oathbringer where we learn about his wife and why he can't remember her.